East Kentucky

Dermmy

Too many projects...
A couple of my favourites from the 'old forum' EK1 thread....

viper01.jpg

jeff02.jpg

dentwest1.jpg

Cheers,

Andy :)

Last edited:
... and finally a couple of more recent pics from EK2...

delphi1nq0.jpg

lwooddepql2.jpg

It's nice to be back

Last edited:
These are sensational. Which route is this. It is spectacular.
DANIEL

--EDIT, what a dumb question.. "which route is that"--

Last edited:
One of my favourites

EK is one of my favourite routes for Trainz. Not only is it visually appealing (to me anyway).......it avoids clutter and runs like an absolute dream.

Thanks Andy for getting another EK shot thread going, though I have made a habit of visiting your site at least once a week. Can hardly wait for the EK2 release. Would make a nice Christmas present ;)

Cheers,
Simon.

From a couple of recent running sessions...

Clouds of diesel smoke everywhere as a pair of B40s working hard against the grade bring their string of empties into Leatherwood Yard while a pair of grimy SDs ease their train under the Leatherwood Tipple:
lwood56ut9.jpg

Thirty or so years earlier a 4-unit set of L&N Fs get under way at Beech Fork:
lwood55atc9.jpg

In the second shot I have used TrainzTuner to tweak the draw distances out a bit - what a difference it makes! And you are right - a train like that has no business whatsoever at Beech Fork. Looks good though :)

Andy

Last edited:
I really like that last shot. Very nice trackwork. Wish I could do something that nice. Maybe with a lot of practice. Can't wait for the next version.

In the second shot I have used TrainzTuner to tweak the draw distances out a bit - what a difference it makes! And you are right - a train like that has no business whatsoever at Beech Fork. Looks good though :)

Andy

Ahhh......TrainzTuner. I too have recently tweaked draw distances with this hand utility, Andy. EK1 was my guinea pig for testing too. I thought I was using a different simulator entirely.

Also noticable in those shots is the doing away with those rotten default levers/switches. ;)

Cheers,
Simon.

I love the first East Kentucky, Dermmy, and am really looking forward to V2. EK1 was the route on which I first learned to use the Release Junction rule to end a standoff (that Alastair!...what a nutty guy!).

Fred

I've always liked this thread. I never downloaded version 1,, I guess I will wait for the new version.

Also noticable in those shots is the doing away with those rotten default levers/switches. ;)

Cheers,
Simon.

Sorry Simon, but mostly they are still there :(

I had to use something lower on slip switches because the default lever position is so far out it fouls adjacent tracks, so all complex track areas now have local towers and electric levers. Remote areas still have the 'orrible default lever.

My eternal gratitude goes to the first person to suggest a realistic, lo-poly lever suitable for the overall 1950's/60's look of the route which is NOT a part of a left/right handed pair. I can swap a single lever in TO in about thirty seconds, but left/right handed levers would have to be replaced and renamed individually - huge job....

Nice

Well I never downloaded EK but I think I will as it looks just great and I can't wait for ver.2 :p

Back