Service Packs for Trainz Classics and Driver?

StaticBuddy

Are there any Service Packs to fix Trainz Classics and Driver? They both Currently Crash Under Windows XP. Under Windows Vista in Trainz Classics, I am unable to save sessions without it crashing. Thanks

Are there any Service Packs to fix Trainz Classics and Driver? They both Currently Crash Under Windows XP. Under Windows Vista in Trainz Classics, I am unable to save sessions without it crashing. Thanks
No...they don't crash on everybody's Windows XP....look around the forum...there is probably a solution to your problem somewhere...:cool:

No, see, with the current business model, the next version of Trainz Classics is the service pack. So if you want the fixes, you need to buy the next version of Trainz Classics.

Yeah, it sounds absurd to me too.

Crashes how? When? all the time? only when you do something specific?

If you give us some more information to go on we may be able to help.

Mike.

No, see, with the current business model, the next version of Trainz Classics is the service pack. So if you want the fixes, you need to buy the next version of Trainz Classics.

Yeah, it sounds absurd to me too.

LOL. Auran can always be sued as well for selling untested software.

I have run TRS2004 and TRS2006 under Windows XP without problems and TRS2006 and Classics 1&2 under Vista 64-bit. There are some things to check before you think the computer can't run the program.

1) Make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and especially your video card. If your drivers are very old, they may not work with the software.

2) Make sure that your video card is supported by the program. Some of the older cards are not supported (too old, too slow, etc.).

3) You have adequate RAM in your system. Trainz is a memory hog like most graphics and CPU intensive applications. Make sure you have at least 1 Gig of RAM in your system.

4) Your video card isn't on the motherboard and sharing the RAM with the system. This can cause serious performance problems as well as crashes as the systems fights for resources used by Trainz and other background tasks.

5) Your system is adequately cooled. This may sound stupid, but graphics and cpu-intensive programs like Trainz do put a strain on the components. If anything starts to overheat, the computer will crash.

6) Have you installed the latest SP for TRS2006? Your version may need it. Check your build level in the lower corner of the Trainz boot screen and compare it to what the SP1 will bring your value up to. (I can't remember off hand if it's on the left or right - I'm at work right now).

7) Check that your memory is not faulty. Yes this has happened to me. I had bad DIMMS and this actually would kill the program on many occasions. I ran MEMTST86 and it found two bad DIMMS. Other programs would work okay, but Trainz crashed.

8) For Vista, you need to run the program as an administrator in order to be able to save. There are numerrous threads about this in the TRS2006 Support forum.

I hope you find this helpful.

Is there anything else we can add to this, guys and gals?

John

I have run TRS2004 and TRS2006 under Windows XP without problems and TRS2006 and Classics 1&2 under Vista 64-bit. There are some things to check before you think the computer can't run the program.

1) Make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and especially your video card. If your drivers are very old, they may not work with the software.

2) Make sure that your video card is supported by the program. Some of the older cards are not supported (too old, too slow, etc.).

3) You have adequate RAM in your system. Trainz is a memory hog like most graphics and CPU intensive applications. Make sure you have at least 1 Gig of RAM in your system.

4) Your video card isn't on the motherboard and sharing the RAM with the system. This can cause serious performance problems as well as crashes as the systems fights for resources used by Trainz and other background tasks.

5) Your system is adequately cooled. This may sound stupid, but graphics and cpu-intensive programs like Trainz do put a strain on the components. If anything starts to overheat, the computer will crash.

6) Have you installed the latest SP for TRS2006? Your version may need it. Check your build level in the lower corner of the Trainz boot screen and compare it to what the SP1 will bring your value up to. (I can't remember off hand if it's on the left or right - I'm at work right now).

7) Check that your memory is not faulty. Yes this has happened to me. I had bad DIMMS and this actually would kill the program on many occasions. I ran MEMTST86 and it found two bad DIMMS. Other programs would work okay, but Trainz crashed.

8) For Vista, you need to run the program as an administrator in order to be able to save. There are numerrous threads about this in the TRS2006 Support forum.

I hope you find this helpful.

Is there anything else we can add to this, guys and gals?

John

Well Duh!

Of course My Specs meet the Specs.

I have Asus Motherboard with AMD Athlon 64 X2
4GB of Memory
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Series Display Card.
Using Windows XP Pro with SP2 (32-bit)
and Windows Vista (32-bit)
Yes ALL Motherboard, display drivers are up to date.
Yes DirectX is up to date in both installs.

it crash while roaming through routes.

Well Duh!

Of course My Specs meet the Specs.

I have Asus Motherboard with AMD Athlon 64 X2
4GB of Memory
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Series Display Card.
Using Windows XP Pro with SP2 (32-bit)
and Windows Vista (32-bit)
Yes ALL Motherboard, display drivers are up to date.
Yes DirectX is up to date in both installs.

it crash while roaming through routes.

Are you trying to run both XP and Vista on the same machine or two different machines? Interesting. The X1300 is a bit light, you have of course verified on the ASUS support web site that you have the very latest drivers. I assume that your power supply is of a type that automatically compensates for brown outs? Your machine is as it came from the manufacturer and you have not added any components such as extra memory that would cause heat problems and the manufacturer specified it was suitable for games, ie has extra cooling? If it only happens in Trainz it could be that the cpu is overheating, ASUS have a bit of software that measures cpu temperature that might be worth running.

Cheerio John

Are you trying to run both XP and Vista on the same machine or two different machines? Interesting. The X1300 is a bit light, you have of course verified on the ASUS support web site that you have the very latest drivers. I assume that your power supply is of a type that automatically compensates for brown outs? Your machine is as it came from the manufacturer and you have not added any components such as extra memory that would cause heat problems and the manufacturer specified it was suitable for games, ie has extra cooling? If it only happens in Trainz it could be that the cpu is overheating, ASUS have a bit of software that measures cpu temperature that might be worth running.

Cheerio John

Dude, I build Computers. I'd know if it was my Power Supply. it's the Simulator itself... it's crashing! I dont have a Problem playing any other games. and i know about Asus's Pc Probe II. I use Artic Silver 5 on My CPU... it's not overheating.

hey hey hey. cool it, you asked for help; we are trying. humor us and at least try our suggestions. It does sound like a system error NOT a software error. The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet is: did you install TC with your virus scanner on? often that interferes with the installation and can make it unstable.

Personally I've run UTC, TRS2006, & TC on my XP machine fine.

peter

Back