Subway

Hi

Get SEN CITY kuids #76656:42005433 made by boat! in my opinion is the best one out there ... especially that it comes with an automatic session ... you start it off and see all the trainz moving in and out of stations ... There 's lots of lines moving simultaneously so a fast computer is required due to frame rate!!

Have fun!!
Ish:D

Hi

Get SEN CITY kuids #76656:42005433 made by boat! in my opinion is the best one out there ... especially that it comes with an automatic session ... you start it off and see all the trainz moving in and out of stations ... There 's lots of lines moving simultaneously so a fast computer is required due to frame rate!!

Have fun!!
Ish:D

Sen City is for 2004 and not for 2006

Sen City has been giving me problems, the trains won't pull all the way into the staion (they used to) all trains NYCTA and other only pull two cars in before stopping, how do I fix this?

Sen City has been giving me problems, the trains won't pull all the way into the staion (they used to) all trains NYCTA and other only pull two cars in before stopping, how do I fix this?

You might need a track-mark.

Drive to (station name) dreive to (track-mark Number)

Place your track-mark at the end of the platform.

Last edited:
Sen City is for 2004 and not for 2006

Sen City 2006 is both version TR04 and TR06! This is from the description from the DLS:

=================================

SEN CITY 2006 (TRS 2004 & TRS 2006 Version)

Version 2, October 2006 - See fixes in ReadMe file. If you decide to update, you will need both new map and new scenario for the scenario to work.

This is version 2 of a self-contained update to my original Sen City ScENario now with over 40 trains and 14 routes. Trains now have drivers, opening doors and load passengers. There is also an experimental industry in the form of a log train.

PLEASE VIEW THE README FILE FOR ONE SIMPLE TWEAK TO A TRAIN CONFIG FILE OR YOUR TRAINS WON'T STOP AT RED LIGHTS!

This scenario has no start or finish. Just ride along, stop and watch the trains or drive them yourself. Always obey the signals though, as the automation may want another train to pass first!

The HTML ReadMe file and the JPEG Diagram of Routes can be found in the Sen City 2006 Scenario Folder, Kuid2:76656:42006630:1
Select 'Edit in Explorer' from CMP if you have TRS 2006 or find it in 'Dispatcher-Downloads' for TRS 2004.

Sen City 2006 is compatible with TRS 2004 & TRS 2006 BUT SEE THE README FILE. TRS 2004 users will require additional content
===============================

Just download all the versions ... if you are using TR06 do it from CMP ....

I got this far for this route because it's one of the best automatic and drivable subway route there is!!

Good Luck and have fun!!
Ish

Side note: Also get Jeffmorris NYC subway route ... It's super huge ...

PS Any problems e-mail the creator Boat ... He's really a nice guy that will help you!!

Hi!

Ish 6 sent me an e-mail and asked me to add to this thread and help with Sen City 2006 questions

Firstly, thanks for comparing my scenario to content like "U-Bahn Berlin" and the others which are proper ‘subway’ systems and particularly the Berlin one which is phenomenal graphics wise. Mine isn’t really in that league!

Sen City was never meant to be a particularly thrilling map. It is the automated SCENARIO (not a session) that I was concentrating on. However, if you want a fairly complex system of routes, (like a subway but not necessarily underground), with lots of trains – over 40 – all running around under a scenario AI, then that is Sen City 2006.

Incidentally, Ish, you gave the KUID number for the original Sen City which was written for TRS 2004. Sen City 2006 will run on both TRS 2004 and TRS 2006. It is much updated with passenger support, opening doors on trains and extra routes. The Kuids for that are KUID2:76656:42006629:1 for the map and KUID2:76656:42006630:1 for the Scenario. If you enjoyed the original Sen City then do try this. Full ReadMe file included as an HTML page in the scenario folder.

I presume you asked me to help with Brute-Airforce’s problem? Brute, if you can give me some more info I will try. You say it used to be OK? What happened to change it? I haven’t come across this one before. The trains stop at the green triggers in my scenario. Maybe the radius has changes for some reason? Sounds like a re-install may be the best.

All the best,

Boat

The trains stop on the triggers in the autoscenario, but when in session I made my own little session(didn't change the route) though I made the Twin Tunnel station a terminal class, after that all my trains stopped short, but it only happens at the stations where invisible stations were used, not sure whats going on there. I've done a reinstall, and come to think of it, it happens on other invisible platformed routes.

Last edited:
Ahhh Thought it was with my scenario.

In a session, the invisible stations will presumably just make the train stop at the correct point for the invisible bit. They won't know about the visible station you see. Obviously not a specific Sen city problem.

As Hyderpotter suggested, you will need to position a track marker where YOU want it to stop and tell it to go to the marker rather that the station. Not sure if that will still trigger the station loading/unloading threads in a session though!

Good luck

Boat

Hello
i am trying to run sen city 2006 but it says missing dependencies and if i run it I get a nullpointerexception on line 5081.

now how do i get CMP to search for missing dependencies and run it properly?

Hi Dorimcheon,

The most likely cause of null reference errors is either missing train parts or missing station bits. CMP should have downloaded the station parts with the possible exeption of Stagecoach's 80m Station Basic - kuid:75377:100525. This isn't actually used on the map but it is aliased.

The most likely cause is missing train components. All the details of items required are in the ReadMe File which can be found in the Scenario Folder. Be sure to open the ReadMe file with an HTML browser. Newer versions of Word, (if you have it installed) tend to want to open this file with Word, so all you see is the source code. You need to 'Open With' your Internet Browser.

Anyway, the relevent part to that is copied below. I suggest you manually check you have them all on your system and that the trains appear OK if you try and use them in Surveyor. (Its usually one of the MN TL Icons that hasn't downloaded!)

You will need to read all the ReadMe file to get the scenario working properly.

4) Next you need to download the two Non Built-In trains, (if Content Manager hasn’t done it for you). They are Magicland’s excellent NYCTA R46 subway train and a very nice green DMU from Chile by ‘pvargas’…..

NYCTA R46 <kuid:58843:323>
NYCTA R46B <kuid:58843:324>
MN TL 596A <kuid2:195455:5961:1>
MN TL 596B <kuid2:195455:5962:1>

Make sure all train dependencies are also downloaded and the trains are appearing and working OK in Surveyor. Otherwise you will get ‘Thread Exception ER NullReferencetype errors when you run the scenario. (This error can also show if you have missing station components).

You will also need the set of R46 Route Textures designed for Sen City 2006. These may not have been downloaded automatically.
So ensure that <kuid:76656:1052> is on your system, or download manually.

Just for reference in case you have a problem, the other non built-in dependencies for the NYCTA trains are as follows….
Headlight Corona <kuid:58843:3330>
nycta-subway <kuid2:58843:19999:1>
R36 <kuid:58843:20000>
R46 Route Textures <kuid:58843:1052>
subway <kuid:58843:50013>
And for the MN TL trains…..
Corona null <kuid2:87589:10102:1>
EMD 16-567C enginesounds <kuid:104722:53567>
Icon CL <kuid2:195455:10100:1>
Icon LLCR <kuid2:87589:10101:1>
TL596Bogue <kuid:195455:50013>

Regards,

Boat.

Your map is a beast

I have here a

Dell OptiPlex GX280 SMT
Intel 640
2GB DDR2 400MHz SDRAM
ATI Radeon X850XT

and it's bringing my system to a crawl! LOL!

Last edited:
Yup..... you do need a fast system.....

But yours should do it reasonably. Your specs are better than my old system and that did run it.... though it did slow to only 3 or 4 fps in the bad bits...

I've got a duel core CPU with 1Gb on the video card now. Its quicker! If you've only got a 256 mb video card... maybe upgrade that?

Do I take it you've got the scenario working then?

Boat

Scenario is working fine. thanks

only running at 33 fps, kinda disappointing

the X850XT is 256MB VRAM.

now i'm gonna try to make my own stuff after figuring out how everything works :D

EDIT: i notice that the open/close door action makes no sound. do you think auran will ever fix this? when I make my own stuff in the future I want to have those sounds play.

wat are the kuid # of the trains used in your map?

NYCTA R46 <kuid:58843:323>
NYCTA R46B <kuid:58843:324>
MN TL 596A <kuid2:195455:5961:1>
MN TL 596B <kuid2:195455:5962:1>

are there more?

Last edited:
Back