Fatal Exception

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Fatal2-7-08.jpg

Anyone have an idea what is causing this?

It shows in the fatal error window that it's 2006. I don't have a clue what caused it though.

I get that ALL THE TIME!!!!!! I believe that is a bug in Trainz 2006. Try the SP1 update. I downloaded it, but you can get it on a CD if u have slow internet. Even with a super fast DSL, it still can take almost half an hour to download! I might just have jinxed myself, but I haven't had that message.........yet :eek: (3 days use of the SP1)

Anyways, here's the link to the service pack for anyone who wants it. Yes, it is 638 MB, and will take over an hour to install (after download!) :eek:
http://files.auran.com/TRS2006/servicepacks/TRS2006_US_2761-3092.exe

If you don't wanna get the service pack, the only other trick I can say is to SAVE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say at least every 10 minutes. The service pack has an option for autosave for whatever time u want.

That's all I have2 say 4 now. Oh, wait 1 more thing - Good Luck :wave:

I get that ALL THE TIME!!!!!! I believe that is a bug in Trainz 2006. Try the SP1 update. I downloaded it, but you can get it on a CD if u have slow internet. Even with a super fast DSL, it still can take almost half an hour to download! I might just have jinxed myself, but I haven't had that message.........yet :eek: (3 days use of the SP1)

Anyways, here's the link to the service pack for anyone who wants it. Yes, it is 638 MB, and will take over an hour to install (after download!) :eek:
http://files.auran.com/TRS2006/servicepacks/TRS2006_US_2761-3092.exe

If you don't wanna get the service pack, the only other trick I can say is to SAVE OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would say at least every 10 minutes. The service pack has an option for autosave for whatever time u want.

That's all I have2 say 4 now. Oh, wait 1 more thing - Good Luck :wave:

I have had Service PAck installed for as long as it's been out.

KernelStandard is a component of Net Framework. Make certain that you have that installed as well.

I have had Service Pack installed for as long as it's been out.

Then I think that it's just a natural part of the whole Trainz 2006 program (or not?):(

I also have Trainz Classics, and even though I don't use it as much, I haven't gotten that screen once. I don't know if it happens in Classics or not, but I haven't seen it..........yet.........:confused:

But anyway, I would say try the Autosave in Surveyor in the advanced options. If you already are using it, then I have nothing more to say.:wave:

That sort of error has been around for a long time (about the time TRS2004 come out). It is due to a piece of faulty content but I am not sure (at the moment) who's content it is.

I am posting this in case my memory comes back ......... for some reason I am thinking its content from AJS but I am not sure.

When this message occurred what where you doing, working in Surveyor, looking at a layout, exiting out of Trains etc.

Craig
:):):)

That sort of error has been around for a long time (about the time TRS2004 come out). It is due to a piece of faulty content but I am not sure (at the moment) who's content it is.

I am posting this in case my memory comes back ......... for some reason I am thinking its content from AJS but I am not sure.

When this message occurred what where you doing, working in Surveyor, looking at a layout, exiting out of Trains etc.

Craig

I was running my route. About 15 minutes into the route. I have a feeling it has something to do with a Steel Train consist that I added. On another route, several years ago, I added a steel train and had problems. I think I'll DELETE it and see what happens.

Thanks to all you guys who answered my post!:)

FIXED!

I figured out what was wrong. In my Trainz Options I had my Resource Memory set to 800 (!!!) :eek: Set it back to 256 and everythings smooth. BTW, I have 2 GB of Ram, but I've found that a Resource Memory of 512 causes jitter.

Anyhow, it WASN'T my Steel Train.

And BTW.... I purchased the new Rail Simulator (by EA) and even though the scenery and locos look amazing, their version of "Surveyor" SUCKS!!!! It is ULTRA FRUSTRATING to try and work with. So I'm just saying to you all----- SAVE YOUR MONEY for TRAINZ 09 (or 10 or 11).:D

I figured out what was wrong. In my Trainz Options I had my Resource Memory set to 800 (!!!) :eek: Set it back to 256 and everythings smooth. BTW, I have 2 GB of Ram, but I've found that a Resource Memory of 512 causes jitter.

Anyhow, it WASN'T my Steel Train.

And BTW.... I purchased the new Rail Simulator (by EA) and even though the scenery and locos look amazing, their version of "Surveyor" SUCKS!!!! It is ULTRA FRUSTRATING to try and work with. So I'm just saying to you all----- SAVE YOUR MONEY for TRAINZ 09 (or 10 or 11).:D
Good news :D

Craig

wow i got this same error just recently, i was getting it every 15 minutes on a very graphics intense route, then i turned all my graphics stuff to the lowest setting (updated vid. card driver and set that low as well), same map improved from crashing every 15 to every 30+ minutes. probably mess with it by reinstalling it, hopefully whatever is wrong is righted by this. anyway, very helpful thread

hi guys, i too have this problem but it makes my game trainz deluxe edition 2004 totally useless as it will not start. and the trainz product support wont help as my game too old now for product support. have downloaded all service packs .reinstalled the game a few times but the game will not start up.
any ideas??

Last edited:
hi guys, i too have this problem but it makes my game trainz deluxe edition 2004 totally useless as it will not start. and the trainz product support wont help as my game too old now for product support. have downloaded all service packs .reinstalled the game a few times but the game will start up.
any ideas??

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

moz-screenshot-6.jpg

moz-screenshot-3.jpg

moz-screenshot-4.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
You need to upload these images to a web hosting company, such as imageshack. As for the problem, I have no idea until I see the screenies.

Hi,

The error message displayed on the screen is only a short summary.

If you look in the drive letter:\path to\AURAN\ folder, view the "jetlog.txt" file. Scroll down to the end, and you will see what happened just before the program halted.

(note - the file is overwritten everytime you run TRAINZ).

I had a case where the horn sound was called - just before the crash.
this identified the locomotive that was part of the problem - remove the loco - no problem.

HTH

Colin

Back