www.trainzclassics.co.uk - Mystery diesel #1 revealed!

Mike10

Head over to the website for the reveal of our first mystery loco...... I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Mike.

Yes indeed, although it is a nasty smelly non-steamy thing:p
ah yes, but the finest nasty smelly non-steamy thing seen in Trainz since Pikkabird's Class 37 IMHO. The feature list is longer as well and getting longer by the day...

And yes, the ACS (Bluestar V2) couplers, pipes and cables are mounted on the bogies and work as well proving it can be done.

Paul

Very nice job! I'm continually amazed about how many features you manage to pack into all of your rolling stock!!

This is just giving me even more reasons to buy TC3 when it comes out, I wish we had such superb build quality with some of the German content.

WileeCoyote:D

ah yes, but the finest nasty smelly non-steamy thing seen in Trainz since Pikkabird's Class 37 IMHO. The feature list is longer as well and getting longer by the day...

And yes, the ACS (Bluestar V2) couplers, pipes and cables are mounted on the bogies and work as well proving it can be done.

Paul

Wow a real new feature!

Do I need to buy new hardware to get the smell or is it software driven in that it runs the CPU / GPU so hard I'll get smelly smoke out of the computer when running this diesel?

Cheerio John

Wow a real new feature!

Do I need to buy new hardware to get the smell or is it software driven in that it runs the CPU / GPU so hard I'll get smelly smoke out of the computer when running this diesel?

Cheerio John
Actually I was going to suggest to Mike that we run a 'guess the poly count' competition for the Class 40... a slight hint, it's less than you think.

The 'new feature' of couplers on the bogies has nothing to do with new code in TC3, I had it working in TRS2004.

Paul

Fantastic news, we've been looking forward to this. After the MN and 9F, Rob's pedigree as one of the finest loco builders TRS is well established and these advance picture don't disappoint.

Two small questions:
  • D210 to D235 (except D226) carried names (of passenger ships) in their 50s/60s incarnations - will this option be available? ('Apapa' was my favourite, though the nameplate was long gone by the time I saw the loco in the mid-70s!)
  • I assume that a corporate blue version will be available in due course (though not packaged in TC3, as not your time period)?
Anyway, though not a great surprise, it's great to see a new class 40 coming down the line. :D

There is a god and his name is ROB HILL.......... :hehe:

Seriously though, a big thank you to everyone concerned in the production of the finest diesel locomotive ( OK, Deltics weren't too bad either ), ever to grace British Rail metals and re-created for all us Trainzers to play with....

Just another little question, it states that the locos need fuel, are we to use the fuel / sand loading facility that was made available for the American SD70 locomotives, or is another one being created for these engines please ??

Thank you.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :wave:

The whole point of TC is that the package is complete with everything you need. If technical difficulties mean that the refuelling assets cannot be included then I'd guess we'd have to remove the diesel fuel useage from the locos. Actually the fuel useage has to be turned on for each loco and defaults to 'off', so you don't really need to refuel.

Paul

The next mystery that I would like to know the answer to is WHEN????

You guys are sure teasing us with the new features that you are touting for TC3. Is there an approximate time frame for release? The website says early 2008 and guess what it is early 2008.

The next mystery that I would like to know the answer to is WHEN????

You guys are sure teasing us with the new features that you are touting for TC3. Is there an approximate time frame for release? The website says early 2008 and guess what it is early 2008.

To quote the website news item of the 11th Jan:

"The current expectation is that TC3 will be released sometime during the 2nd quarter of this year, we won’t be rushing this out to a deadline though as we are committed to making this the best Trainz ever."

Hopefully that helps narrow it down a bit.

Mike.

D210 to D235 (except D226) carried names (of passenger ships) in their 50s/60s incarnations - will this option be available? ('Apapa' was my favourite, though the nameplate was long gone by the time I saw the loco in the mid-70s!)

Not at present, but it may be added before release. As you can probably imagine, there's a bit of a juggling act at the moment to get things done and make each thing as good as we can get it in the timescales available.

I assume that a corporate blue version will be available in due course (though not packaged in TC3, as not your time period)?
I'd say that's a fairly safe assumption to be honest. No firm plans exist at the moment though. ;)

Mike.

Just a quick question as I am not sure how this all works. But will the owners of the US version of TC be able to download the content of the British version when it becomes available?

Thanks,
LouP

Back