accessing auran

jytte

route builder
What is up with this site??? 90% of the time when trying to access auran, be it for downloading or just looking for info, it's impossible!
Just bought TRS2006, and received a 30day "first class ticket" - well a lot of good that does me when I can't access any of pages, let alone download (cause CMP keeps freezing up Trainz).
Being a newbie, this is SO frustrating and discouraging :'(

You oldtimers, is this how it is???
Should I just forget making routes and stuff in this program????

Ain't it the truth!:(
It has been intermitant at best for several weeks. You think it would be fixed by now.
Now I can't even log in for an FTP download.:confused:
It is a wonder this forum works!

Last edited:
jytte,

I have just posted to your other thread re SP1 . At the time of my post you were just today installing SP1 !
Relax --
You have some learning to do, Trainz, due to it's complexity is not an install it, download a batch of stuff, build a route and possibly upload it for all the other members to admire.
You are certainly going to need assistance, and at the least, you are going to have more questions ?
Go slow, read as much as you can, you will love the Sim.
And politeness goes a long way !

My thoughts ---DLR (an old-timer)

Generally speaking the DLS gets ALOT of use on the weekends and is usually very very slow then. I always try and not download anything starting sometime Friday evening all the way till Monday morning.

peter

Peter, that is probably a good tip, not to download during weekends, I will remember that.

Hello Oldtimer deeelare, thanks for your input.
Yea, I know I'm impatient. I did get the servicepack, but with all the hassle I decided not to install it as yet. I'm the builder, my husband is the driver, and we're having fun with it just as it is. I can still download misc. assets for my building, just can't get any routes it seems. So as long as we play with what we have there's really no reason to install the SP1 is there?
Maybe later?

PS:
I DO have a lot to learn, that's the fun part.
And I thank the heavens for this forum and all the members being kind enough to lend some advice to newbies!!!!!!!!!

Hello Oldtimer deeelare, thanks for your input.
Yea, I know I'm impatient. I did get the servicepack, but with all the hassle I decided not to install it as yet. I'm the builder, my husband is the driver, and we're having fun with it just as it is. I can still download misc. assets for my building, just can't get any routes it seems. So as long as we play with what we have there's really no reason to install the SP1 is there?
Maybe later?

You might want to install the SP1 because there are some routes and assets created after SP1 has been installed, making them inoperable in the un-patched version.

I'm glad you're enjoying the program!

John

Back