TRS2006 and Vista: Game freezing?

titaniclover

TS2010EE SP3; Build 49933
Hi community.:wave:

Ever since I got Vista and installed TRS2006 on it worked great.
Monday I downloaded chrisracer's Conrail Lincoln and Secondary route. Soon after that TRS2006 stated to freeze on me.:confused:

Heres what happens:
I start the launcher like normal and Train goes through the intro crap. On the screen just before you can chose Surveryor/Driver Trainz freezes.

I have to ctrl, alt, del bring up task manager and close the program. Then if I go and try it again the launcher wont even load! I have to log off then log back on for the launcher to appear.:eek:

Once I had to restart the computer completly and it said I had lost memory and it asked me if I wanted to continue. Then it told me Vista had not closed properly last time I shut down and asks if I want to start normally and I say yes.

CMP which has been working excelent now freezes as well. Sometimes the computer tells me my video driver has stopped working but has recovered. This is very strange behavior.

I looked at this thread here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=14063&highlight=TRS2006+Vista

But its all symbols to me. I think this will solve my probelm.
Anyone else have solutions? I have read about CMP and Vista with SP1 and I'm not up to the risks with that.

Thanks in advanced.:)

Cheers,
Adam
TCS Route Builder

I figured it out thanks to everyone on mIRC. especially Lost_Soul and mrscsi.
Just had to delete the assest.tdx and the cache folder and let it rebuild.

Cheers,
Adam
TCS Route Builder

I have the same problem in XP, where did you find a solution?????

*snip*
Just had to delete the assest.tdx and the cache folder and let it rebuild.

Cheers,
Adam
TCS Route Builder

This can be done within the TRS2006 folder found in:
C:/Program Files/Auran/TRS2006

You delete the whole cache folder and then delete assest.tdx, located as a file in the TRS2006 folder.

Next you go and open CMP and let it sit. Dont touch your computer though. After about 30 munites or so, depending on how much content you have, it will be done.

Go launch Trainz and enjoy the game.:wave: :cool:

Cheers,
Adam
TCS Route Builder

I found your post somewhere else, and tried it, and it WORKED.
So now I'm up and running again, that's great, THANK YOU

but what kind of *&$$^&&^$%%^program is this????
seems the consensus is not to use downloader at all?????

Your welcome.:wave: :)

For your downloading problem:
If you having trouble, it is the DLS. Its been acting strange lately.

Cheers,
Adam
TCS Route Builder

Last edited:
I had to delete it Chris.
I'm going to try and redownload it later. Something went wrong, I think I didnt commit it and Trainz went crazy.

What version of Trainz was it made in Chris?

Cheers,
Adam
TCS Route Builder

hi

im having troubles downloading how do you do it iv opened it then it says open through trains launcher internet explorer or acrobat reader is which one do i use or have i got it wrong and was sposed to go to save

thanks dan

have had nothing but trouble with TRS 2006

...what a mess this program is. When I first got it , it ran great,but ever since Direct X has updated I can't get it to load. I have tried everything, delete the assests file and the cache file, and all it will do is act like it wants to start, the gear wheel in the lower right corner spins maybe a quarter turn, sometimes a third of the way but than all locks up. I used to enjoy this sim but lately all I can tell folks is to stay away from it.

Back