Content Manager

billb52302

I purchased and installed TRS2006 a couple of days ago and today I tried to get into content manager and I get an error message that it had a problem and had to shutdown.I've made several attempts to get on CMP,but my computer won't let me.What could be the problem and how can it be fixed?
Thanks.

Bill B
Iowa

Upgrading the drivers for your graphics card to a newer version may well help.

If you are not sure what it is or where to get the drivers then run dxdiag ( click 'Start' -> Run -> type: DXDIAG.EXE )

There is an option to save the results to a file, you can then copy the first page or so in here and I'm sure someone will help locate the right ones.

Mike.

Mike,
I did a search and checked some things out like you advised.I also went to C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin and clicked on TrainzDiag.I then clicked on 'View' and noticed under Video Card Driver that this is 2 years old,plus it is listed as ATI Radeon WindowsNT version 6.14.10.6599.I could not find adriver update on ATI's website for this driver and no WindowsNT reference.My system is WindowsXP for which there is a reference for updated drivers.

Could the difference in my system (XP) and the Video Driver (NT) be a problem?

Thanks.

Bill

Does the OpenGL section in TrainzDiag show a pass llike this?

trainzdiag.jpg

XP is pretty much just NT in a pretty frock anyway so it probably won't make too much of a difference for the driver. ;)

I'm not too well acquainted with ATI cards, I've always had nVidia ones.

If you post the dxdiag details I'm sure someone more in the know with ATI cards will help us.

Here's the relevant section from my dxdiag report as an example.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce Go 7900 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0298&SUBSYS_FF311179&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP LP2065 LCD Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6909 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/11/2007 17:51:00, 5770880 bytes

Mike.

Last edited:
Mike,
Here are the details from my dxdiag report.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series (0x5A61)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&SUBSYS_D6018086&REV_00
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP w2007 Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1680,1050
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6599 (English)
Driver Date/Size: 1/15/2006 15:48:26, 255488 bytes

When I looked at this report I made note of the chip type ATI Radeon Xpress 200.When I went to ATI's website and looked under graphics drivers,a page came up with three catagory columns.The first one is the operating system (windows XP Professional/Home in my case).Then it came up with a list of product family names.I had been checking under Radeon,which had no results for what I had.I then looked further down the list and found Intergrated/motherboard and clicked on it.BINGO! Radeon Xpress 200 which led me to the update for my driver.
Now when I do a Trainsdiag everything comes up as passed!!:clap:

Thanks,Mike

Have a good one.

Bill

Mike,
Here are the details from my dxdiag report.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series (0x5A61)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A61&SUBSYS_D6018086&REV_00
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: HP w2007 Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1680,1050
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6599 (English)
Driver Date/Size: 1/15/2006 15:48:26, 255488 bytes

When I looked at this report I made note of the chip type ATI Radeon Xpress 200.When I went to ATI's website and looked under graphics drivers,a page came up with three catagory columns.The first one is the operating system (windows XP Professional/Home in my case).Then it came up with a list of product family names.I had been checking under Radeon,which had no results for what I had.I then looked further down the list and found Intergrated/motherboard and clicked on it.BINGO! Radeon Xpress 200 which led me to the update for my driver.
Now when I do a Trainsdiag everything comes up as passed!!:clap:

Thanks,Mike

Have a good one.

Bill

You may wish to upgrade your video to a separate card Trainz can be quite demanding and high end cards are what many people use. Stay with ATI unless you are prepared to hunt down and remove all traces of old drivers.

Cheerio John

Back