Does anyone play trainz on a laptop?

PLAY ????? Trainz????

Hey,

I have been telling my daughters that I do not "play" Trainz, but that it is a simulator. Somehow that justifies the time I spend on this program!:hehe::hehe:

D8Ton

I run TC on my new laptop and even though it meets specs, it runs worse than my 4 year old desktop which is min specs.
My laptop runs:
AMD Turion 64 2.0Ghz CPU
512Mb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 6100Go! graphics card with 256Mb onboard RAM
and Windows XP Home edition SP2

On Modula City I get about 1 frame per Min skiping about 1000 frames in the process

More RAM !

JdenM8: I had only 512 ram when I first tried Trainz on my laptop ( see previous post) I went to 1GB ram and it helped a lot. So I went for 2GB and it runs fairly well considering my onboard video is very weak. I would go for the ram upgrade as it is the easiest and cheapest to do. I do spend some time eliminating grass and some spline objects near the tracks( on difficult routes) such as fences, & hedges, as they seem to be frame killers. Find some threads on trainzoptions.txt, there mav be some suggestions there you could use to improve performance. Then, of course, there's always the sliders in performance options.
Durff

Last week my Dell XPS M1530 arrived :). I'm very happy with it the specs and benchmarks out do my desktop!

2Ghz Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
1400x900 panel
8600M GT Graphics

It runs trainz very well and again better than my desktop that uses a x1800xt card. :)

256379955_obCh6-M.jpg

256379593_Fz9D3-M.jpg

256379197_XRELQ-M.jpg

I got an Asus F3Sv few days ago, Core 2 Duo T7500 with 1 GB RAM and GeForce 8600 GS.. because the native screen resolution is 1680x1050 (this is a 15 inch wide laptop mind you!) this is what I run TRS at, there are some slowdowns but usually its all very smooth :)

I have 2006/2008/TC all running on a laptop

Acer Aspire 9920
20" screen
4 Gig Ram
Intel 1.6 duo
Nvidia 8600M GT grafics with 512 MB Ram dedicated
2 x 360 Gig HD ( That was an option 20Euro extra)
WiFi/Bluetooth/4 xUSB
Serial/Parrallel/HDTV/Vidio out/ Cardreader/
Vista
all for 1200 Euro

runs Trainz real smooth

I use a laptop to, orthough ill keep the specs to myself atm.
I think useing a laptop for trainz is better than a desktop cause you can play it on the move, which proubly adds more rearlism.... your driveing a train in a train cool...:hehe:

I have recently ordered a Dell Vostro 1500 and i'm hoping it will run trainz well. I have abit of an idea it might run it ok but would be nice to know for sure.

The important specs for it are:

2Ghz
2GB dual channel RAM
8600M GT 256MB

I've seen it scores around 3300 marks on 3Dmark06, but can be pushed to around 4000 once overclocked.

Anyone else running trainz on a laptop? Be nice to hear your results
I do too, I run TRS2006 without difficulty on an HP pavilion dv7

Wow - three year thread bump... :udrool:

Well as it has come back, bringing things up to date, TS2010 does not run very well on laptops. I recently replaced the previously mentioned Dell with a new custom built lappie and in Surveyor I still get severe lag and occasional crashes. Haven't tested in '006 yet but I guess that would still be okay.

Yep I do.

HP laptop, Windows 7 Home. Trainz 06 runs faster than ever! Faster than a 8 year old DELL desktop!:hehe:

My computer is a budget laptop, and that is it. :eek: :p

It is a budget Dell Inspiron 1521, with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor (around 1.8 GHz), ATI Radeon X1270 integrated graphics, 894 megabytes of RAM memory (probably advertised by Dell as 1 gigabyte :eek: ;); I want to upgrade it to 2 or 4 gigabytes ;)), an approximately 61.9 gigabyte-capacity hard drive, a combination CD-RW and DVD-ROM optical drive, and Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit. :eek: :p

Regards.

I have Trainz 2010 on my Shuttle PC and laptop. The laptop is an HP DV8. The processor is i7 Q720 with 4Gig RAM & NVidia GT230M video card. Windows 7 64bit home premium and has an 18" screen. Trainz runs really well on it and am very satisfied with the performance. On some of the modern laptops, Trainz can run well. I sometimes project it up on to a 6' screen for real driving immersion!!

Regards

Yorkshire

Running TS2010 on a Sony Vaio laptop

For some reason, my Sony Vaio VPCCW21FX (high-end, but not top of the line), runs TS 2010 much better than it ran TC1&2. But not with sliders cranked to the max. It has a Windows Gaming Experience rating of 6.0. The guys at Best Buy told me you won't get much better in a laptop without buying a gaming laptop. I am not certain that the Windows gaming experience is that good of a measurement of how TS2010 will run and would like to hear from others on this topic.

I play on Asus G73JW, Intel Core i7 3.33 Ghz Quad Core CPU, 8 Gb DDR3 RAM, 1tb HD, Nvidia Geforce GTX 440M 1.5 GB.

I have no problems whatsoever:)

Alienware MX 17 with Windows 7

Oh yees!!

I also run 2010 on an Alienware MX 17 with Windows 7 - in a window with Internet Explorer also running away in the background so that I can refer to maps (or anything else on the web)..

In fact it seems to work best in a window. Don't know why??

pdw

Back