Trainz videos

Has anyone purposely ever made a realistic route, with bad trackage, that is warped, crooked, and heaved up and down (like Penn Central trackage) ?

It is harder to lay bad track ... than it is NEC Class V Trackage !

You have to place spline points @ 3 per each Trainz baseboard 10m grid ... very time consuming !

And your up and down track heights should only be @ 0.10m high leaps & dips, or it starts looking rediculous like a roller coaster.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/Screen_001-47_zpsa08109c0.jpg
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc339/cascaderailroad/Screen_002-37_zps95b08249.jpg

RedShark's rickity 750mm NG railroad track videos made me think of this:

Click on the Darby Dawg for movie -->

Last edited:
Youtubed videos of my stuff...

Just wanted to start a Youtube video thread, since everyone else is doing pictures. Here's my first of three attempts... running the train by the camera view, blasting away the horn!

Anybody got any tips on how to capture with no stuttering/jitterin' going on?

Paul

Hi Pdkoester ,

I use 2009
First everything is depending of your hardware - PC - grafic card .....................

My experience :

Go to startscreen >>>>>>>>>options>>>>Tab : Advanced Options : shadow shut of.
Display settings : try switching between "Open GL >>>Direct X "

Go to Surveyor Main Menu (upper left corner) Klick.

Edit environment Tab "sun" choose "No Clouds 01"

Options Draw distance : Aprox. 3500 m.

Good wheater fog : 0.2 or higher

Use a track that is less heavy : Track wood ?

don't use a lot of spline objects . In your second video there were also a lot of loco's and they use lot's of Mb's

when playing switch of your virus scanner

Last edited:
The first video of the train crossing a trestle was just fine. The second one, of the long freight was pretty 'heavy' on content; as Leksie implies. If your Trainz 'stutter' in the game, that will be picked up on the video (I know; that's a 'Duh!!) In the third video, of the truck waiting at a crossing gate with a fast freight passing; it seems the video itself was stuttering, as if the frame rate was slowed. The codec you initially used to capture the clip may be at fault there.

I'd cut back on the grass splines or at least find a good substitution. Some of the splines can wreak havoc with the frame rates because of the way they're loaded.

There are some things to check too:

1) What are your machine temps like?
I found that I get some stutters not unlike yours when my machine gets a bit warm. I increase my fan speed on my video card and things run better.

2) If this is a regular drive, when was the last time you defragged.

3) I have found when writing video to disk I have better results if I write to a drive other than the one that Trainz is running on. The reading and writing at the same time does not help the performance with either the video or Trainz.

John

Back