Trainz videos

MoW on the Birch and Declaration Line post merger

The midnight crews were about done with their shift when the first call came into the yard office. "This is engine 300 at the freight house. We had a box jump the track here. We're going to need a crane. Over" The yardmaster assured them they would send help.

Shorty after the first message had been acknowledged, another message came in: "Engine 900 from the beet plant. We have a tank in the ditch. We're going to need a hook and some rails for a sho fly." The yardmaster said they would pass on the message.

Picking up sugar beets on the NP

Back in the days before trucks became price competitive, the sugar beet hauling business was lucrative for the railroads. After the beets were out of the ground, farmers hauled them to sugar beet dumps where they were loaded into hoppers and moved by rail to beet processing plants.

The Crane Crew

Occasionally when there's a weak track or wheel, a train car will slide off the track (go in the ditch in railroad parlance). Very seldom however does this occur within minutes of each other and at completely different sites. When this happens, the crew foremen will call the yard office and request a crane and track for a sho fly if needed.

The Junkyard switch
In the city of Declaration on the Birch&Declaration Line follow the switch engine as it picks up empty gondolas for delivery to the junk yard where it picks up loaded gondola

Progress at my Milwaukee Road Alberton – Avery route

Hello,

three weeks of vacation over Christmas time plus avoiding any contact to people to support fighting against the Corona pandemic equals to about 190 square kilometers of decorated landscape.

In the video you can follow a BN freight starting a little southeast of Superior, MT going all the way to the big rock cliff near Cyr, MT. This time I turned my seasonal route into a snowy winter appearance.

Have fun watching it!

Your’s TUME

Back