Trainz videos

Columbia & Kootenay Railway- Passenger Train

This is a new series of videos based on the Columbia and Kootenay Railway that ran from Proctor on Kootenay Lake via Nelson to Robson on the Columbia River in 1902. (Pre Castelgar bridge).This video follows a passenger train as it links up with the Columbia and Kootenay Steamship Navigation Co SS Nelson in Proctor, stops in Nelson and arrives in Robson to connect with the SS Lytton on the Columbia River.

I have spent the last 8 months (started in Sept 2020) building the C&KR in TANE and getting all of the operations functional. Especially challenging was handling the amount of rail barge traffic that needed to move across a single track that was arriving from the Columbia and Western RR to the west and the Canadian Pacific Railway to the east. At times the Nelson yard had every track filled with railcars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6hJc_faJI4

Last edited:
The Snowden local A session from Gary's Trainz
Follow the NP RS11 as it works the small town of Snowden during the early 1960s

Gary_Evans,
I really enjoyed that video. It was such a treat to see all the Burlington traffic rushing by the switcher. Any time the CB&Q gets shown, it is special for me. :cool: The RS11 looked pretty nice too.

The video was very nicely done, and does capture a very real side of railroad operations, the drudgery of switching a yard and getting the cars to customers.

Thanks for posting this.

Heinrich505

This video follows a loaded Columbia & Kootenay Railway Coal train from the Kootenay Lake barge at Proctor to Nelson and onto Robson for loading onto the Columbia River barge in 1902. I have focused more video on the Sternwheeler and barge operations as this is the heart of the railway.

Youtube search of "Trainz C&KR" or "Trainz C&WRR" has more videos

Back