Auran gone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but unfortunately not everyone might have the same 12279 items, which is where the problem will arise.

Good to see Mike's comment that CMP already contains this facility - but of course as he says you then come back to the tricky issue that not all the content creators might want their work including or have an aversion to a route being hosted on a particular site. Not really an issue where the DLS is concerned as the "home" of Trainz - let's just hope it stays that way!

Why is it that every panicky Pete and excitable Elizabeth has to start a thread screaming "The sky is falling" like a bunch of chicken littles. Auran has been having problems for the last couple weeks with the server that hosts the DLS. So until Auran themselves announce they are shutting down the DLS it is advisable to just remain calm and be patient. No use running around screaming "the DLS is at it's end" just because you can't access it this instant.

As for a contingency plan, that's up to the creators. Some have moved on and can't be reached or don't want anything to do with Auran and Trainz. Others like me are just waiting to see what actually happens to Auran before we go through the effort of putting our content on another site. Some have already done so or have their content on more than one site to begin with.

Now about the ones that lost their jobs. It's unfortunate that it happened but evidently you don't understand large corporations or even small businesses. Every time a business develops a new product their is never any guarantee the they will be able to sell their product. There is always the potential but there is never any guarantees even if it looks like there is a market for that item. Every time a corporation decides to expands or comes out with a new product it taking a calculated risk. Sometimes they succeed. Some times they fail. That's big business. It just happened to be Aurans time to miss calculate. The potential was their but it just didn't work as well as was needed. All this is doing is rehashing what's already been said for the last month since this all started last December. Time to move on. AGAIN.

Bill

Why is it that every panicky Pete and excitable Elizabeth has to start a thread screaming "The sky is falling" like a bunch of chicken littles.

Bill

Just do as I do Bill. Everybody who starts a "DLS is down; the sky is falling" topic ends up on the ignore list. If all others do as well perhaps we get rid of them. :D

That's a great thought but in reality we both know it's wishful thinking.;)

Bill

I can always dream, can't I? ;)

I also put mosquitoes on the ignore list. They are the ones that roam around the entire forums and post in every single topic. I hate mosquitoes! :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back