Problems with trainz Download station-we should all stick together

I support the comment by Apogee about contributing to the cost of the DLS and, I suggest, this forum as well. These two items are a non-profit-making expense that Auran could decide they didn't want to carry, if either stopped it would not reduce their sales, but it would reduce our enjoyment.

CasyJ, you are wrong, it could be argued that provision of the DLS and the forum is a product being supplied by Auran and as such there is no reason why it should not be paid for. Auran are not legally bound to provide either facility.

We tend to forget that bandwidth has a cost and replacing the DLS if it closes would cost someone a substantial sum, to which we would have to contribute, much better to contribute to Auran to help maintain what we have at the moment.

There are still many members who want something for nothing, we bought a program to use, we did not buy access to over 90,000 third party assets or the use of this forum.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Not to be disrespectful, but you have a demeanor that reminds me of another member that recently left ?

After seven years on these forums I have finally found a use for the "ignore list". Others have tried and failed, but this is "Oh so sublime...."

Perhaps you should join me deeelare, it's like a mosquito busily buzzing away, just out of earshot!

Magnificent!

Ed:D

After seven years on these forums I have finally found a use for the "ignore list". Others have tried and failed, but this is "Oh so sublime...."

Perhaps you should join me deeelare, it's like a mosquito busily buzzing away, just out of earshot!

Magnificent!

Ed:D

Now that is an idea I hadn't thought of before. Does the "ignore" list filter all posts made by that individual? If so, then I am in heaven. The last week I had to take far too many drinks to stay relaxed while browsing the forums here.

Yes, a handy feature, but when someone quotes the filtered person's entire message in a reply, it sort of defeats the purpose.

Yes, a handy feature, but when someone quotes the filtered person's entire message in a reply, it sort of defeats the purpose.

I have learned two things today:
1- from Euphod, use the ignore list ---
2- from CaseyJ, do not quote your entire message in a reply ---

Tomorrow will be a better day for me on the Forum ---DLR

Last edited:
Guys

This may be off-topic but in a twisted way it is about one of the topics being discussed

I have concerns about this business of using the ignore list. In a way it is chickening out on telling the person how they are coming over on the forum. With this system, it becomes very much like a clique that ostracises someone without telling them why. In this case, it is probably worse, as the person does not know it is happening, and can't know that he should modify his approach.

If that course of action has no effect then back to the Ignore list.

Of course if it me that is being ignored, you will never read this. Ho hum!

Cheers

Narrowgauge

In a way it is chickening out on telling the person how they are coming over on the forum.

I think it's guaranteed that you're not going to like everyone, and everyone's not going to like you. To "tell the person how they are coming over" is just not always feasible. We can suggest using a spell checker, or advise one not to type in all caps, or even express our distaste for "leak speak" (as in....hey buddy, your brain seems to be leaking out of your ears, is that why you are typing nonsensically?), but sometimes it's obvious you just aren't going to get along. Now if it were a neighbor, or someone I worked with, or dealt with frequently, then perhaps the right thing to do is to invest the time and effort to try to gain a better relationship. Here, however, if I find a person annoys me frequently, why should I waste my time? Why would they care what I think they are like? I don't care what others think of me, and I'm sure I'm on many ignore lists myself.

I feel that the ignore list can be used to great advantage if you find yourself feeling aggravated by someone else's posts. You aren't tempted to respond to what you can't read, and the forum becomes a gentler place, full of ponies and butterflies, and rainbows and flowers.....

Besides, it's a great irony to me, to know after all this typing most of you just are just reading "This message is hidden because Euphod is on your ignore list."

Ed:hehe:

Hello.....hello? Is this thing on?

Ed, can't hear you, are you there?

Darn ear trumpet!

In case you said what I think you said, let's leave it as it is.

Cheers

Peter

Ed
I just love getting my nightly chuckle with one of your posts. I had to get up off the floor though before I could type this. Of course, if I'm on your ignore list, I guess I'll just laugh to myself...Is laughing to myself anthing like talking to myself:hehe:

You guys crack me up with your witicism, and I can safely and honestly say that none of you are on my ignore list, you are what makes this forum so special, as well as playing the game of course.....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. :D

Guys

This may be off-topic but in a twisted way it is about one of the topics being discussed

I have concerns about this business of using the ignore list. In a way it is chickening out on telling the person how they are coming over on the forum. With this system, it becomes very much like a clique that ostracises someone without telling them why. In this case, it is probably worse, as the person does not know it is happening, and can't know that he should modify his approach.

If that course of action has no effect then back to the Ignore list.

Of course if it me that is being ignored, you will never read this. Ho hum!

Cheers

Narrowgauge

It's really an escape from irritation, if one's sensibilities are easily offended. It also avoids the necessity of confrontation if one has no valid argument against the alleged offender.

I agree that we must support trainz and the other problems that occur.
we can't critise them for all the things that are going wrong.
this is dark times for trainz..........

Back