Stupid Question for the day

LouP73

Hi All,

OK, so here is the stupid question of the day. Last night I felt like messing around a bit and figured I would swap out the locomotive on one of my routes, just for the heck of it. I went into CMP and tried to edit the route and OMG what a mess of information it looked like to me :( . So I closed the thing and didn't save or change anything. But then I got to thinking that maybe I was just doing it all wrong as it can't be that difficult to do :wave: . Can it? :eek:

LouP

Couldn't you just change the locomotive in the session while in surveyor?

CMP is best used as a catalog and searching tool. The most extensive task I use CMP for is locating missing assets and renaming item so I kind find them faster.

Check the "open for commit" section in CMP and see if the route is there. If so, just click ctrl+r, it will revert that route.

Couldn't you just change the locomotive in the session while in surveyor?

CMP is best used as a catalog and searching tool. The most extensive task I use CMP for is locating missing assets and renaming item so I kind find them faster.

I would love to, So how specifically do you do that :mop: :eek:

LouP

It quite simple actually. In the same way you can create or edit a route in surveyor, as described in the TRS2004 and '06 manuals, you can create and edit sessions for any route you have downloaded or created on your own, for later use and enjoyment in Driver.

Near the bottom of the tabs in surveyor (a toolbar on the left side of the screen in surveyor) there is a set of tools that allows you to place locomotives and rolling stock on the track. Anything you are able to view in Railyard can be found here. Various other tools allow you to create and place consists, move the train around on tracks to where you want it to start for a session (not driving, this is all still in surveyor). All this is also detailed in the manual.

To edit a specific session in surveyor, click on the session specifically, just as you would to select it for driver.

I remember in the 2004 manual they had a tutorial in which you built a simple route and session to with it. I found that very helpfull when I first got into Trainz. I think they also put that tutorial in the '06 manual, but I'm not sure.

World of Trainz (WoT), TrainzProRoutes (TPR), and many other third party websites also host instructions to do just about anything you could want.

I hope this helped. I also hope I didn't insault you intellengience with any of this either; I don't know if your new to trainz or not. If you are new to Trainz then welcome! ;)

Awesome, thank you as this is very helpful. and yep, I am brand new. If I were a baby, I'd still be in the incubator. :wave:

Loup :)

Back