Things You Can And Cannot Do While DSL Is Down.

CasyJ

Ear To The Rail
[er...DLS that is]
Obviously you can't download anything at present, so take the opportunity to optimize your downloads once it's back up. Make use of your Shopping Cart. You can still browse and search for assets, so find the ones you need immediately and queue them into your Cart, then when the DLS gets rolling you can select Download All and save yourself extensive search time. I can hear some of you hollering that if everyone did this, the downloads would slow to crawl and maybe even stop again. Actually, this may save bandwidth by cutting down the number of searches required for each member, and regardless, people are going to flood the server with download requests anyway. Hopefully, the DLS will be up soon, but taking a phrase from a famous book, Don't Panic!

Visit Third Party Sites!

Another suggestion is to visit third party sites. Many great items can be downloaded for free.:wave:

This may make me sound cranky, but get over it. The DLS is down, we know. We don't need 30 or more threads telling us about it and complaining. No offense, but I'm getting a little tired of this.

You can still browse and search for assets, so find the ones you need immediately and queue them into your Cart,

I wouldn't advise that in CMP. If you close CMP with items in the download helper it tends to cause problems.

Mike.

This may make me sound cranky, but get over it. The DLS is down, we know. We don't need 30 or more threads telling us about it and complaining. No offense, but I'm getting a little tired of this.

Sorry if I'm complaining, but I tend to get cranky myself when I can't use something I paid for.

"I've got an idea. How about running some trains?"

Amen. :cool:

You don't know how right you are. So many of us get caught up in constantly searching and aquiring new material that we lose track of why many of us got into Trianz.

I've been in a route-building rut for the last year, I get some track laid and delete the route. Yesterday, for the first time in months I ran a train, just one, on part of HP's Marias Pass. It was the best feeling ever, and I forgot how good it felt just watching the engines and frieght cars roll on by.

"I've got an idea. How about running some trains?"

Amen. :cool:

You don't know how right you are. So many of us get caught up in constantly searching and aquiring new material that we lose track of why many of us got into Trianz.

I've been in a route-building rut for the last year, I get some track laid and delete the route. Yesterday, for the first time in months I ran a train, just one, on part of HP's Marias Pass. It was the best feeling ever, and I forgot how good it felt just watching the engines and frieght cars roll on by.

Of course it is. The problem lies in routes and assets that depend on other assets to work properly, and are not included. Anyway, I am running Trainz and here's an example of one my runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIkvz6qlwgA

there is whole fansite listing here at the fourms (alan started it), at the TRS2004 website, and on the TC website.

peter

Recommend me some good Third Party sites? :D

All i know of is TPR and Trainz Luvr

Use search with my name and Threads started by User, I have one for tutorials, or go to one of the Trainz sites for links.

When using links, don't just look for content, look around for more links on those sites and follow them. Spend a day just browsing sites, bookmarking ones you want to come back to for some reason.

www.trainzstation.com is where SPORBUST keeps his fabulous Western railroad diesels (he's currently having a problem with the availability of some due to assets he needs off the DLS).

www.virtual-motive-division.com has some wonderful freeware products in addition to their fabulous payware locos.

www.steammachine.com is home to Slugsmasher, Ben Neal, Prowler, and Charlie, and is a mecca for narrowgague and steam in general.

http://trainzone.co.nz/, in addition to the Murchison layouts (highly recommended, but payware), Sirgibby and a couple others have put together a large narrowgague collection, focusing on the logging industry.

:wave:

Back