Controls Assignments?

Howiefly

Is it possible to use my Saitek Throttles to control the trains' movement and to assign functions to the various switches on my Throttle and Yoke?

If so, where and how do I do this?

Thanks a lot,

Howard
System: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, Intel 975XBX mobo, 4GB DDR2 memory, nVidia GeForce 7950GX2 with 1GB memory, 500GB hd, 3 19" monitors with the Matrox TripleHead2Go.

As far as I know Trainz uses the "old" system of keyboard and mouse:hehe:, however there does exist a control console specifically for train simulators, its called RailDriver. I don't have one but I've heard from people who do that it is well worth the money.

WileeCoyote:D

Several years ago, I set up my Saitek X45 controller with some Trainz commands assigned to it. I just did it as a "hoot" to see if it could be done, and it worked just fine. I don't remember specifically how I set it up, but it involves figuring out which keyboard keys do what in Trainz, and then assigning that specific key-stroke to your choice of buttons on the Saitek. For example, in Trainz the < > keys decrease and increase the throttle. You would assign "shift/," to the negative side of your controller's throttle and "shift/." to the positive side. Do a google search on Saitek, and see if you can find the documentation for your controller with instructions on how to configure it. It does work.

Back