UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re last few posts, a lot of goodly stuff about, most gratifying.
re post #1777 KotangaGirl.

Here's a more summery shot for you.

aKP Somewhere ScR (aWIP)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Thanks for the plug, guy and gall.

One thing I've noticed is that they look considerably darker in Graham's screenies than they do for me here in T:ANE or TS19. They are intended to be dark and satanic but I'll need to keep an eye on some of the other versions that should be a tad less Stygian.
cheers,

m

Not your assets, but my settings are dark ;)

Here is a brighter pic.

Mills-4.jpg

The dirty red brick asset look brilliant, I have a place for them on my WIP route :D

But don't rush, take your time and make sure that you are happy with them before releasing them.

Hi Graham - that's a relief - thanks for clearing that up.

The brick versions shouldn't be too far behind as I've managed to get the configs for the second one almost right and it's working in game albeit with a couple of anomalies which I've already traced and have virtually sorted. Once you have the second one, I'll give you easy instructions for repairing the weld by copying and pasting the corrected mesh from one of the brick versions into the stone - they all share identical mapping, so it's an easy swap.

In any case, most factories developed piecemeal as business progressed, and as often as not later additions were in other styles and materials - I'd always intended that the packs should be mix-and -match rather than all the units necessarily just coming from one set. When I have enough different ideas for the second group, it's likely that they'll tend to have variants of the existing textures as well as close copies, to add more variation, Don't forget that you can drop the units down by a floor to expand the variety, too....

Lastly, thanks for your continued interest!

Cheers,

m

Brilliant!

If you look at my last screenshot, I raised the buildings up (ones with with loading bay doors) so that I could add your Kyle loading platform in front, which I lowerd to meet the doors, soooo..another variation might be to deepen the structures to enable raising them up to van door/loading platform levels.

These are really versatile buildings!

Epo

Thanks for using it!

Again I'm wondering if it's looking just a bit dark for a rural setting: I was really thinking of heavily smoke-ridden Scottish Central Belt industrial areas when I was preparing that particular texture.

Not a problem though - once I've fought my way through another set of configs, I'll make a (slightly) lighter set in the same stone.

Cheers,

m

A beautifully composed screenshot evilcrow. I really like the way the eye is subtlely drawn from the locomotives on the bridge and then along the valley behind them.

Ken ................ You never take a bad shot , do ya . I have to say . fantastic shots again . The bridge pic is your route ? Cause it's also fantastic . Just keep them coming .

Matt

Re post #1792 Railwoodman
Thank you Matt for the compliment. Yes it's my route that I hope to release warts and all!. (Ben Dorsey retextured bridge by the way).

Re post #1793 Ringarooma

Thank you for your kind words Richard. I had an O. Winston Link moment, having no flash bulbs, I used an ATSF SD45 for the lighting!

aKP Somewhere ScR (a WIP)

Cheers, Ken

Great picture Frank.

TS2019 test run of Angela Halliday's (angelah) TS2004 'Kentish Winter' route. Any good suggestions for Winter trees? This layout has always been a favourite and some new trees would nicely update it.

vPaHADl.jpg

4U8rJvk.jpg

More 'A Kentish Winter'. And yes I do know G15 tram engines didn't run on the K&ESR. I was testing the mods I'd made to it to see if they worked in TS2019 Ok. Original tram engine model by MichaelWhiteley

ZgBmX61.jpg

Ii1Ilct.jpg

aBHkPs7.jpg

Best seat in the house....... Always nice when a spot of intrepid modding works out just fine.

JTD4dKM.jpg

HYgYyhj.jpg

'Northiam' with properly correct GER coaches this time. Original 'Northiam' model by knucklesnvector, but now much modded by yours truly.

HOCtqE0.jpg

Last edited:
Yes indeed Frank. It's been blisteringly hot here and I hate it, - so that's most probably the main reason why I'm running trains on Winter routes at the moment.
A couple of screenshots of Lavenham running in TS2019.

v1AZcUj.jpg

iTWIpjT.jpg

More 'A Kentish Winter'. When I first downloaded 'Northiam' it was buffed up to an eye-watering state of shininess and it was an 8F in disguise. Still more work to do with this little engine, but we're getting there with it.

mt4YtUL.jpg

iLW2tBX.jpg

OpwKjlJ.jpg

Back