UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

If you took away most of the tracks it would look alot like Nuneaton ;)
LOL Ok so I was wrong it didn't take long I'm trying to build the stations before the end of steam using as many pictures as I can to work out the track layout of the station. So any help would be greatful.

Well y'know ;) one of my local stations :p If you give me an e-mail address i can send a couple of pics of the station itself over :D

EDIT: Pics before the end of steam

Last edited:
Hi TLBlade,
Sorry this is a bit long winded but the site is very restricted to make you buy the maps. For a map of Nuneaton in 1938 try
http://www.old-maps.co.uk then type in nuneaton & pick the 1938 map.You wont believe just how much of the railway system that was there has gone.

If you need maps of a station visit your local library.They normally stock 12 or 25 inch to the mile OS maps from around 1940.

Hi TLBlade,
Sorry this is a bit long winded but the site is very restricted to make you buy the maps. For a map of Nuneaton in 1938 try
http://www.old-maps.co.uk then type in nuneaton & pick the 1938 map.You wont believe just how much of the railway system that was there has gone.

Thanks for the help that really will come in useful as I'm like copying from maps as i have done in two of my other WIP projects the SDJR and the Swanage Branch.

One more screen shots for now form the other end of this new layout.
Atherstone.jpg

Very nice :D While i'm on, Nuneaton station branch platforms were bullhead track while the other tracks were ordinary(don't know the name :eek: ). The station also had 2 signal boxes which were located at each end of Platform 1 (not sure).
HTH
Ryan
P.s Scanning some pics in now:D

Hay RJL
I don't know about the full thing about the track mostly on concentrate on the locos:hehe:.

There are also other resources i have seen that show a signal box in the yard across from platform Five.
untitled-1.jpg

You can see the signal box just above the Crab.

Hay jankvis Nice shots. But be careful I got it in the neck posting images of a Ty42 with PKP stock. I have been told by LNER it is ok to post images of foreign locos as long as they are a British soil with some English rolling stock.

great shots everyone, ahh many a cold lunchtime has been spent on platform five at Nuneaton lol

some from my Pennine Route featuring the new WIP Bradford and carriage sheds

fsscr000-6.jpg

Ivatt 2MT tank heading for Huddersfield past the carriage sheds

fsscr001-4.jpg

Another day sees the same 2MT crossing the bridge on its way to the carriage sheds, the Rebuilt Royal Scot passing beneath came to the aid of a broken down English Electric Type 3

fsscr002-4.jpg

The Rebuilt Scot is seen further along passing the carriage sheds

fsscr018-1.jpg

and then pulling into Bradford Station

fsscr019-2.jpg

In this view we can see the Fowler Jinty tank engine performing its station pilot duities by pulling the empty stock out of the platform to release the train loco the engine nearest to the camera will take the empty stock to the carriage sheds.

fsscr022.jpg

The Jinty moves the carriages into a out platform next to the waiting 0-4-4 tank.

fsscr023.jpg

The duty performed the Jinty waits patiently for the next arrival.

I will continue this at some point, where more trains will be seen including a visitor from the Southern Region.

fsscr020.jpg

unfortunatly the film containing the images of the rest of that day were lost, but here we see the Jinty station pilot catching a moments quietness next to Bradford's overall roofed platforms

Great Shots TLBlade

Now the Southern Region visitor I thought I had missed had rumoured to have been seen on a night working into Bradford so I went down the next day to have a look and this sight met my eyes

fsscr021-2.jpg

A Schools class locomotive named Merchant Taylors, and here it was about to go off shed, now my limit that day was the other side of the tunnel but we shall follow the loco to there

fsscr024.jpg

Going over the crossing on the freight loop

fsscr025-1.jpg

Coupling to her van train ready to set off for Huddersfield

fsscr026-1.jpg

Leaving the goods yard

fsscr027-1.jpg

and rejoining the main line

fsscr028-1.jpg

on the out slow the train enters Bradford Tunnel

fsscr029.jpg

and then emerging on the other side before moving onto the freight only line (behind the camera)

I am sorry to say that my Pennine Route is finished, on trying to load it to continue building the game said "error no map selected" so I was forced to delete it :':)':)':)':)'( sorry about any inconvienience to those who were hoping to download it.

An image based upon a photo by Ian Holt in a book called 'Isle of Wight Album' by G.M. Kitchenside.
The photo was originally taken on September 3rd 1966 and depicts the last view of a mainline Island steam train:

No.17 Seaview with set 500 approaches Sandown from the South.

I thought I'd better post it before that coffee stain has a detrimental effect!

Regards, Kev

Back