UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re post #1762 Paulsw2
Beautiful winter sky Paul, very atmospheric.

aKP Somewhere ScR (a WIP)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Graham, - here's a medal for your heroic efforts with that point and signal rodding. From your WIP pictures that looked like a Trainzer's worst nightmare.

0L2YQOx.gif

Re: #1758 & #1761 evilcrow. Very nice indeed. There's something magic about an express train formed up from Pullman coaches.

And Paul, - with those Lavenham screenshots you might have just carried off the prize for the week.

Last edited:
Kotangagirl, a medal eh, first time I've ever had a medal presented to me, thank you :)

There are yet again some fantastic screenies appearing here in this thread.

Here's my humble contribution.

LMS Drummond Murthly Castle with rake of P1 Coaches (sorry only an enthusiast, not an expert, so I don't know if it's an accurate consist)

LMS-Drummond-Murthly-Castle.jpg

It's also in the screenshot of the week competition waving the flag for the historic UK scene.

Last edited:
re post #1767

Thank you for the compliment Rob

re post #1768

Nice one euromodeller, perfect lighting.

Cheers, evilcrow

Great pics everyone. Thanks for compliments - Lavenham now up and running in TRS19. Maybe this time I could release it? We'll see!

46679774162_91d215b03e_h.jpg

Paul

Excellent screenshot at #1768 Graham. Hopefully it does well in Screenshot of the Week. It will make a nice change from all the modern stuff that usually gets posted there.

Evilcrow, I find myself looking forward each day to seeing your latest screenshots from your ScR route. That is one amazingly well modelled route.

If Lavenham was released for TS2019 Paul then I might be tempted back into using that version of the simulator again.

Angelah's Blackheath Downs Norfolk. Yes it's showing its age with the old billboard trees and other scenic assets, but change those for the latest versions and it would be a layout as good as any other. There must've been an engine failure for the old class L3 tank engine to be called in to take over, or perhaps it's just that I like running big tank engines.

9Wq70lR.jpg

VNXC5aP.jpg

FUp1W30.jpg

Big tanks had their place and it might not have been an engine failure that put the L3 at the front of your train KotangaGirl. For Christmas 2017 Steve Banks presented a mystery photograph of Rugby in 1937 showing a 2-6-4T hauling what at first glance might have been an August Bank Holiday excursion. Over a year of research by a fellow called Darwin Smith showed it to be a scheduled Sundays Only 10:22 a.m. semi-fast passenger service from London Euston to Wolverhampton and Coventry advertised only as far as Coventry with the reporting number W21. Two portions, Coventry and Wolverhampton with the Coventry portion at the rear. The carriages were from the Monday to Fridays 11:30 a.m. Euston - Wolverhampton with the restaurant car removed. Seven coaches for the W'hampton portion, BTK, CK, CK, CK, TO, TO & BTK. PIII for BTKs and CKs, PI D1706 for one TO and PII D1721 for the other. The Coventry portion was six carriages, BCK, 4 x TO & BCK, any available stock but tending to be older carriages. After a 10 minute wait at Coventry the W'hampton portion went on as a new stopping passenger train in the public timetable with a 35 minute layover at New Street.

The large tank took over from a tender locomotive at Rugby, so was quite an elegant train for the 2-6-4T. However, as Steve descibes it "a solid operating basis" for the use of the loco.

re post #1773 KotangaGirl
Nice shot of the tank and another re-discovered route too.
re post #1774 borderreiver
Wonderful in-depth information from you. It shows what an interesting railway system we once had, now just a bland emu shadow.

Cheers, evilcrow

LNER NE Area. The approaches to Brandon Colliery station. LNER A5 4-6-2T hauling a stopping passenger train for Bishop Auckland as the morning train of coal empties starts the gruelling trip to Brandon Pithouse Colliery along the Pithouse waggonway. A J27 waits to collect the first loaded coal train from the exchange sidings for Littleburn coke works.

The train of empties passes over the crossing leading to Commercial Street.

The Pithouse waggonway climbed to 750ft above sea level and the 2 and a half mile line was fiercely graded, with 1 in 18 at one spot. Much was steeper than 1 in 30. This limited the loads to nine empty 20 ton hoppers ascending, which were propelled up the waggonway, and three 20 ton hoppers descending. I have three locos from the colliery shed at Meadowfield propelling the morning's empties. Three old NER V1 10t brake vans head the train, and will provide extra braking for the descent of the three locos, each bringing three loaded hoppers down to the exchange sidings. This will be done two or three times over the working day.

Last edited:
Thank you for that very informative post Frank. As Ken says it does go to show how interesting the railways were before everything became boring when the dismals and toothpaste tube trains took over.
Truth be told I was really scratching to find a suitable BR locomotive to run on angelah's BR era Norfolk layout since as a pre-grouping modeller I don't have that many. Fortunately amongst all the GCR engines from Camscott I did have the L3 in early totem BR condition so it became the engine of choice. The L3 put in a good solid performance too with its train of eight Gresley 'Blood & Custard' tourist coaches.
I was curious about 'Blackheath Downs Norfolk' since angelah used Rosworth Vale as the basis for her route and I wanted to know how she managed to make Norfolk out of a deep valley on the Scottish Border. In actual fact she did it rather well and while it really is too modern a layout for me I certainly had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself playing trains.

#1775 Ken your picture makes me feel like I'm up by that fence by the road with my coat well buttoned up and my woolly hat pulled down well over my ears.

Last edited:
An excellent and informative post at #1776 Frank. Your screenshots and commentary collected together would make a great reference book.

Last edited:
Excellent shot Annie!
It looks like the UK modelling scene is taking over the screenshot competition this week too :)

Some shots of the new mill buildings from masontaylor..

With flat noon lighting..

The-mills-2.jpg

A bit of side lighting.. (the roof vents are from Kilanziom, on the DLS <kuid2:173943:200506:1> EET_Engine-Shed-Lantern_Luban-Sl )

The-mills-3.jpg

And the dark, moody, arty shot :)

Sentinel-shunting-in-the-mill-yard.jpg

Big thanks to the content creator masontaylor for such brilliantly dull work :)

<kuid:252585:3180059> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit I
<kuid:252585:3180051> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit A
<kuid:252585:3180052> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit B
<kuid:252585:3180053> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit C
<kuid:252585:3180054> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit D
<kuid:252585:3180055> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit E
<kuid:252585:3180056> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit F
<kuid:252585:3180057> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit G
<kuid:252585:3180058> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit H
<kuid:252585:3180060> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit J
<kuid:252585:3180061> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit K
<kuid:252585:3180062> SBS Old Factory Kit 1 Unit L
<kuid:252585:3180050> SBS OFK 1 Old Factory Kit 1 Mesh Library

Last edited:
Masontaylor's old factory kit has really taken things to the next level. I'm waiting for the brick versions for my Norfolk tramway and from what I've seen of the WIP screenshots they are going to be really good too.

I've never gone in for entering the Screenshot of the Week competition before, but this time around I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks for the plug, guy and gall.

One thing I've noticed is that they look considerably darker in Graham's screenies than they do for me here in T:ANE or TS19. They are intended to be dark and satanic but I'll need to keep an eye on some of the other versions that should be a tad less Stygian.

Here's an advanced screenie of what I think might be the first brick version - too monotone and grimy for Norfolk, perhaps, Annie? At least the weld's beeen sorted....

more like this, perhaps...

Cheers,

m

Last edited:
Back