UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re post #1723 KotangaGirl

Thank you Anne, I wish the real thing was still here.

aKP Somewhere in ScR (a WIP).

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Just picked this beauty up in the Australia Day sale

Ahhh, the memories...
Liverpol is my birthplace, right by 8A shed where I used to get really close to these monsters.

City-of-Liverpool%2C-ahh%2C-the-memories.jpg

Along with all of this from 2 packs...Princess and Coronation Scot (all of the coaches come with the locos)

All-of-this-in-2-packs%21.jpg

Look-what-I-got-in-the-Australia-Day-Sale%21.jpg

Great Screenshots Ken! I can see that little G5 in the foreground.. someone bought Camscott's new model eh? ;)

Mine fits right at home on the GCR V14 - Here we have No. 67289 on loan from Neville Hill depot and Ex-GER N7 Class No. 69609 pulling a stopping passenger working from Sheffield to Staveley Central. Looks like the B1 that was supposed to run the train must've run a hotbox! ;)

2N1CgSr.jpg
[/IMG]
BR0Nb2c.jpg
[/IMG]
z1mzwd7.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Excellent shots. When the G5 Loco company get their newbuild engine on to a heritage railway I think that it is going to be a real hit. Being an 0-4-4T it will cope with three and four coach trains on most lines and very economically too. The GCR says that it likes the BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 for this very reason, it is economical to run on most operating days. A 4-6-0 or 4-6-2 is a superstar, but like getting an A list celebrity to perform at your local club, you need a horde of people to show up and buy tickets to turn a profit. A loco of the size of the G5 was an everyday sight on local passenger trains during the steam era.

Nice to see the new NER class 'O' from Cam out and about. I purchased the NER pack because I don't do modern image railways and I'll have to blow the dust off my NER layout to give them a run since I'm mainly a GER girl at the moment.

#1725. Euromodeller, - I purchased the same packs a good while ago at a N3V sale back when I was still doing modern era railways and what you get certainly is impressive.

Last edited:
There was a loud clunk as my jaw hit the floor when I saw your latest screenshot #1729 evilcrow. That would have to be about the most totally realistic screenshot you've produced so far. Stunning, - really stunning.

@evilcrow
You are providing us continually with high quality TANE images. You are very inspirational.

I am making my first UK route in TRS19 but I am undecided about a track choice.
It's an ex-LMS branch line.
I won't be using PBR textures, so I am not bothered about PBR track or even procedural, as long as it looks good.
Could you be so kind as to inform me of the track that you use?

I would also welcome suggestions from other members.

No, I am not leaving making European routes because of Brexit :)

re post #1735 euromodeller

Thanks for the compliment, Graham.

What inspired me was the route "Porchester and Bull's Well" <kuid:79563:100144> by rumour3 and the LSWR T3 by edh6; then one thing leads to another!
The track is also by rumour3 <kuid:79563:100063> bridge track version and is non-procedural.
All available on the DLS.

Cheers, Ken

Progress on my new route as you can see, lots to do yet.

Ashdale terminus

New-Route-Progress%2C-Ashdale-Terminus.jpg

Not sure about the point motors, any suggestions? (1960s route, LMS area)

Ashdale-Terminus.jpg

Last edited:
The point mechanism would likely be rod worked (with FPL) from a signal box on any lines with passenger trains and simple levers in yard areas. There are good ones available in the LRW series by Lielestosbrat, they're designed for his Procedural track (which is excellent) but would work with other bullhead tracks too. There are also various point rodding and signal cable assets available to join the signal box up to the things it controls.

Thanks for your reply Ed.

Point rodding eh! Now there's a challenge for me :)

I've been doing frogs (check rails) on the points, I even did the dual slips, very fiddly.
I have done signalling, probably not accurate, but they all work OK.
After testing the station I changed the platforms and altered the points positioning for the middle line.

I can fire off a small German route in a couple of days, but, having been influenced by the great UK shots in the forum I have been on a steep learning curve trying to make just a small UK route.
I should know more about the workings of British Railways and have discovered that my knowledge is lacking and that there is a wide gap between being an enthusiast and an expert!

As long as I am enjoying myself, that's what matters :)

Edited to add, great shots Anne!
Looks like I'll have to give your tramway a place on my hard drive!

Last edited:
Back