UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Hi Ken,

I can see a fair smattering of my assets in there. and would just like to record my appreciation of your showing them in their best light ever - both literally and metaphorically. Both the look and the atmosphere in these images are spot-on.

Like any content creator, I'm always happy to see my work put to use, but this is something else again. Your holistic creation of a sympathetically accurate environment is really outstanding, and I'll be watching further progress with the keenest of interest.

Many thanks,

m

Re post #1642/1643 KotangaGirl/masontaylor

Thank you for your kind words.
I must thank Malc for the superb models, I hope to produce albeit a small route, for the DLS in due course, in the mean time a few screen shots.
Please excuse Malc, any steam effects I have added using IMEditor.exe to your models. I hope you don't mind.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Last edited:
Slightly confused here, Ken, as I'm not seeing any of Malc's models with smoke, but quite a few of my own.

However, if it was mine to which you were referring concerning the addition of visible fumes, I don't mind at all, since that's exactly how they would have been then, with virtually every house still burning fossil fuels as a matter of course, perhaps backed up by an odiferous paraffin heater at the harshest of times.

I don't add smoke to my assets natively, since to do so to each of them would add significantly more demands on computer resources than using optional ones, which also offer more visual variety - after all, no two chimneys smoke in an identical fashion!

Cheers,

m(ason)

re post #1645 masontaylor

Sorry to cause confusion Mason, I meant to say "Mason" but entered "Malc", please excuse, I am just an old/senile/drunken retired railwayman.
Thanks for the tip on the smoke, I will try ways to vary.

Cheers, Ken

Nae probs, Ken, everybody gets confused at times, no matter what their age or (former) occupation, let alone being inebriated (or not)!

Looks as if some of my earlier assets could do with a revisit, as I can see a decided difference in quality between them and the more recent ones.

Cheers,

m

Absolutely brilliant scene building Ken. I love your attention to detail and the way everything is placed in a very natural and believable manner.

re post #1649 Epoche3bis4
Thanks for the compliment Epo. I always look forward to your shots and have learnt so much from them.

aKP Somewhere ScR (a WIP)

Cheers, evilcrow

That looks fantastic, Ken. I was admiring the road edges - I haven’t found a road and pavement like that, yet. Would you mind sharing the source, please?
Thanks
Best wishes
Ian

Post #1650. Yes after looking at that screenshot with the amazingly well modelled road and pavement I was about to complain to the mods that Ken was posting pictures of the real thing and calling it a screenshot.

RE POST #1651/1652
Anne and Ian, thank you for your kind compliments.

For the road and pavement you need to visit:

http://jointedrail.com/product/jr-roads-pack/

"JR dirt roads pack.cdp" it's 40MB by the way and you may need to register which from memory is simple.

http://www.trainz.samplaire.com/downloads.php?cat_id=5&download_id=717

"Sam Sidewalk + grass TS2009+.cdp" should download as a RAR.

When laying the splines its best to lower the height as the JR road was quite high.

Both these sites have other top notch items, so be prepared to spend plenty of time with them!

Cheers, Ken

#1655 Wow Ken that is one amazing screenshot. The townscape images you've shown from your new ScR route look completely plausible and believable as if they are places where people actually live.

Fabulous screenshots as always, Ken. The lighting is particularly life-like in all your work.

Would you give us some advice on the lighting settings that you use?
The TRS19 lighting system is really powerful but finding what looks 'right' is not easy! But it looks like you have hit 'pay dirt' with it!! :)

Would you give us some advice on the lighting settings that you use?
The TRS19 lighting system is really powerful but finding what looks 'right' is not easy! But it looks like you have hit 'pay dirt' with it!! :)

I think evilcrows' shots are in T:ANE, TRS 2019 isn't showing in his timeline!

Another nice shot, evilcrow.

Rob.

Re post #1656 johnwhelan, #1657 KotangaGirl and #1658 neville_hill

Thank you all for the kind words, watch out for the CUK seagulls, there are also some SAP seagulls flying around.

Re post#1659 Ringarooma

Thanks for the compliment, Richard.

Please see screenshot; by the way, I am still using TANE-Std SP3.

Please remember you can not save "Post-Processing Settings" so every time you will have to fiddle with the settings, such a pain.

You can of course save the "Environmental Lighting" settings, use "Ambient Color Preview" and "Sun Color Preview" with a touch of "Fog Density". The type of sky can effect the end result as well and the time of day.

Unfortunately, the following thread, lost it's early example images when "Host n Post" folded, but have a look anyway.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?116911-T-ANE-(in-development)-screenshots

Cheers, Ken

re post #1660 Robd
Thanks for the compliment Rob.
TRS 2019 is still in the shop!

Another shot of settings that I have used.

Cheers, Ken

Back