UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re post #1602 KotangaGirl

Thanks to EverTrainz, the 9f has now many toys to play with.

Your screenshot, an excellent study in chimneys, very nice.

UK.......BR/GCR/MET

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Thanks evilcrow, - yes a study in elegantly shaped chimneys thanks to masontaylor and Paul Hobbs. And more wonderful engines in the snow, - and double headed as well, - now my joy is complete.

LNWR 0-6-0 No. 2502 'Webb Cauliflower' with a rake of LNWR carriages awaits passengers at Waithleigh on the Haplow and Flankton fictional preserved railway.

lGHBL1E.jpg

Rob.

I know that image is old but I have to ask: did you reskin that model or make it yourself?

I really need to stay away from fascinating Wintertime GER fenland routes or else I'll never get anything done. This is 'Welney Wash' a vintage route from the TS2004 era.

CJWG8Jl.jpg

bqL3aCA.jpg

3N3l08Y.jpg

I know that image is old but I have to ask: did you reskin that model or make it yourself?

It's a reskin of the LNWR Cauliflower that came with the Potteries Loop Line pack - strictly for my own use only, seeing as it's payware!

I really need to stay away from fascinating Wintertime GER fenland routes or else I'll never get anything done. This is 'Welney Wash' a vintage route from the TS2004 era...pics deleted

Nice shots, KotangaGirl! It's nice to see the GER Y14 with coaches out and about in some seasonal shots (seasonal for the UK, that is!)

Rob.

re post #1606 KotangaGirl

Delightful snow shots. Weather in UK at the moment, rain grey and miserable.

UK.............BR/GCR/MET

Cheers, evilcrow

Lovely shots everyone!
Here are a couple of edh6's excellent creations in their natural surroundings on the Waverley route:
45405784034_43fae9c282_o.jpg

45405781564_3fe1e53e11_o.jpg

45218177945_c08f162ec2_o.jpg

Best wishes
Ian

It's a reskin of the LNWR Cauliflower that came with the Potteries Loop Line pack - strictly for my own use only, seeing as it's payware!

Well, can you please tell me how you did it? I was considering making a reskin myself, but am afraid of ruining the model.

As johnwhelan says, clone the original and then muck about with the clone textures to your hearts content. If you make a pigs ear of it, delete your clone and start again with a fresh clone. That's the best way to learn, just keep trying, it's how I started reskinning.

Rob.

As johnwhelan says, clone the original and then muck about with the clone textures to your hearts content. If you make a pigs ear of it, delete your clone and start again with a fresh clone. That's the best way to learn, just keep trying, it's how I started reskinning.

Rob.

While that is the obvious answer, it's not the model I'm worried about ruining, but the skin itself: I've not got the patience to do a proper reskin, it will just look all messed up.

It's all about giving it a go and learning from your mistakes when it comes to re-skinning. When I first started doing it I created some real horrors I wouldn't dare show anybody.

Post #1609. More excellent screenshots there Ian. Whenever I see LNER coaches in 'Blood & Custard' I'm always strongly reminded of the Hornby Dublo tinplate ones I used to own.

Post #1608 and #1607. Thanks Rob and evilcrow, - the Winter GER fenland routes by Lord-Claud-Hamilton for TS2004 are beautifully put together and are a lot of fun.

Last edited:
NBR Scott 4-4-0 at Countess Park

NBR - BCR - NE England

NBR Scott 4-4-0 at Countess Park on the Border Counties Railway.

When building the Border Counties Railway from Riccarton Junction on the Waverley line between Edinburgh and Carlisle to Border Counties Junction on the Newcastle to Carlisle line, the NBR had counted on using the Newcastle & Carlisle Railway to reach Newcastle Upon Tyne. This was made rather more complicated by the N&CR merging in to the North Eastern Railway despite the best efforts of the NBR and LNWR to prevent it. The NER achieved the same result at Morpeth by taking over the Blyth & Tyne Railway. At Morpeth the NBR had intended to use the B&TR lines to reach the Northumberland coast from their Wansbeck and Rothbury branches. The NER granted the NBR running powers in to Newcastle along the N&CR line but in exchange extracted running powers over the NBR between Berwick upon Tweed and Edinburgh on the East Coast Main Line. With NER locos hauling East Coast Joint Stock expresses and its own trains in to Edinburgh for the nearly the whole of the next fifty years it is plain to me who got the better part of that bargain! Edit --- Another thing the NER extracted from the NBR was their sponsorship of access to Carlisle Citadel station. The NER then promptly moved their passenger service from the 30 year-old former N&CR station at Carlisle London Road in to the joint station on the WCML. At the time this was accomplished the Midland Railway's Settle & Carlisle line did not yet exist.

Last edited:
Re posts #1609 IanOHoseason and #1617 borderreiver.

Excellent shots, excellent routes and excellent locomotives.

A shot of the latest from edh6. Thank you for these fine locomotives.

UK............BR/GCR/MET

Cheers, evilcrow

Far too many excellent screenshots. #1617 A great picture and a very informative piece of background history to go with it borderreiver. And in post #1618 your screenshot is a balm for my sleepy eyes evilcrow. The BR lined black livery suited so many steam engines so very well whatever their origins.

Leamside and ECML

BR NE Region.

Southern end of the Leamside route, K3 2-6-0 with down Class D goods from Darlington's Croft Yard to Gateshead Borough Gardens heading north with Tursdale in the background.

ECML to the south of Hett crossing with A3 4-6-2 hauling an up Class D goods from Newcastle Forth bound for York Dringhouses Yard.

Re post #1621 borderreiver

Good shot, and many thanks for the latest signal boxes, looking forward to them, a nice Xmas present.

ScR.........NBR

Cheers, evilcrow

Back