UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

The grass looks excellent. As a Mac man I don’t have access to Turf FX for the foreseeable future, so am contemplating a PC specially for TRainz as I’m a bit pushed for frame rate in 2019. Your environment settings look really good also, and now the shiny curse is gone, I think the way ahead is clearer.
Best wishes
Ian

Wow Malc, - just plain wow! That is one amazing route that you've built.

From the much less amazing department I moved my TS2009 'Cairnrigg to Balessie' route over to TANE this afternoon. Plenty of ghost trees and ground textures that no longer display properly, but they can be all upgraded. The most important thing is that everything still works and all the buildings are in the right places. This route of mine started out as an 11 scale mile long test track that sort of became a pre-grouping layout. Still lots to do to get it looking presentable, but all the trackwork and the yards are fine.

0tSvLiN.jpg

The goods yard at Cairnrigg looking across from the MPD. All the rolling stock is either Ed's (edh6) or mine. I used to operate 'Cainrigg to Balessie' as an 1860's layout, but have decided to bring it forward in time to the 1900's period.

t1XNLNK.jpg

Last edited:
A blast from the past. Here's a vintage screenshot I found from my TS2009 route based on the 'a moment in time' route by madtrainz14.

Cs25y2f.jpg

Great shots everyone!

Now for the very low quality of my screenshots...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I'm not sure if ex-GWR coaches and ex-LNER coaches were ever in the same train,or if the NG locomotives would be BR owned by 1948-1950,nor if the locomotive would be in this area. But I had some fun doing it anyways.

I'm not sure if ex-GWR coaches and ex-LNER coaches were ever in the same train,or if the NG locomotives would be BR owned by 1948-1950,nor if the locomotive would be in this area. But I had some fun doing it anyways.

I think its the having fun bit that matters and we forget that sometimes.

Cheerio John

Great shots everyone!

Now for the very low quality of my screenshots...

Nice to see one my Routes getting used! As it's a fictitious route loosely based in North Wales which was covered by LNWR, LMS and GWR to mention a few, with BR just about anything is possible.

Thanks,It's a great route,but a better computer would make the route nicer (Shadows,longer draw distance,etc.). But I do suspect that in the BR 1948-1950 era,they might have had to use ex-GWR coaches and ex-LNER coaches just to make the trains. But the locomotive is an ex-LMS.

Very interesting routes and screenshots displayed on this thread in the last few days. A good show.

UK...........BR/GCR/MET

Cheers, evilcrow

RailFan500CA, re post #1586 - GWR and LNER passenger coaches certainly did find themselves in the same train, in the form of "the Ports to Ports Express" which ran between Newcastle in NE England to Barry via Cardiff in S Wales. The routing was via York on the North Eastern Railway, Sheffield Victoria on the Great Central Railway then Banbury and Cheltenham on the Great Western Railway. Along the way south it acquired through coaches from Hull. The GCR originated the train around 1906, with stock on the core service alternating daily between GCR and GWR coaches. It was the mid-1920s before LNER coaches began to supersede the original GCR coaches. On the way north the CGR/GWR coaches were joined at York by Midland Railway coaches from Bristol and several NER coaches (which until the 1930s were non-corridor types!). So at York on alternating days you would see NER, GCR/GWR and MR coaches in the same train. Post-1923 this would be LNER, GWR and LMSR coaches in the same train. There was also a train from Southampton to Newcastle via York and Edinburgh which would bring GWR coaches north on alternate days, to be incorporated in to a NER/LNER service to Glasgow at York. On the ports to ports the GCR, and later the LNER considered the train as a real express with quality rolling stock. The GWR considered it as a secondary train, which was reflected in the coaches it provided ( Clerestory roof stock until the late 1930s ), the locos that hauled it and the route it was assigned. This must not have gone un-noticed among regular travellers on the route. The "wonders of the world" website reported that the GWR provided a 3-course lunch for a "half crown" (2 shillings and 6 pence in traditional UK currency - 25p in modern day UK decimal currency) with the LNER providing a 5 course lunch for 3 shillings and 6 pence (35p).

Last edited:
Hello RailFan500CA, if you want to read a bit about the ports to ports here is a link: http://railwaywondersoftheworld.com/ports.html
Another link is to Steve Banks' site https://steve-banks.org/gcr/344-gcr-carriages-matchboard though the reference is just to a D9 4-4-0 at Hull Paragon station with the Barry through coaches, including a matchboard coach. Steve mentions the express in his book "LNER Passenger Train Formations - The Principal Services" but I doubt that you have a copy there in Canada.

Re posts #1592 and #1595 borderreiver.

Thank you for the most interesting information and meal prices!

UK.........BR/GCR/MET

Cheers,evilcrow

Breaking news, European train fan does a Brexit :D

A first for me, I am usually found in the European threads.

A couple of screenshots of a beautiful Gresley D49 relegated to a goods roster.
TANE SP3

Gresley-J49.jpg

Gresley-D49.jpg

The standard of UK stock is getting better, keep up the good work, you have a convert here :Y:

re post #1599 euromodeller.

Welcome euromoddler to the Dark Side. Nice shots of the D49.

UK............BR/ER

Cheers, evilcrow

Excellent screenshots euromodeller, - welcome to the wide and wonderful world of Britain's railways.

And evilcrow I see that your 9F now has some stunningly well modelled steel open wagons to play with.

More Hopewood Tramway. Working the sidings at Grott, Drear & Co. Never before has an old Auran interactive industry looked so grim and smoke stained.

ngFJLzP.jpg

Back