UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

No - apart from the quality you can always tell an evilcrow screenshot by the fact that there will always be at least one asset that you don't recognize, haven't got, and desperately want.

So true. I think he creates them in photoshop and sneaks them in.

Cheerio John

Re Posts #1381 Rail4Pete, #1382 Neville-hill and #1383 johnwhellan.

Thank you gentlemen for the compliments. Any assets you need let me know and not a photoshop in sight.

UK............BR/ER/GCR/MET

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

How many ways can you say, 'Absolutely brilliant screenshots evilcrow'. Love the screenshot of the two grimy old ROD's at work.

How many ways can you say, 'Absolutely brilliant screenshots evilcrow'. Love the screenshot of the two grimy old ROD's at work.

The Crow's screenshots are indeed inspiring. The very best lighting as well as highly realistic objects and scenes. Also, a good compositional eye. They really could be photographs made by an enthusiast who has waited at some ungodly hour to get the right ambient light for his picture.

At this time, I feel that a beady Corvid eye could be cast upon TS2019 and it's environmental settings. Can this fine screenshot realistic-stuff be produced out of TS2019? I have an awful suspicion that even evilcrow will struggle to rid a TS2019 screenshot of the washed-out, yellowy light not to mention the ghost-like flora and bleak fogs.

Lataxe

Hi evilcrow, nice shots again! May I ask what is the screen resolution of your monitor?

Thanks,

Rob.

Re posts #1385 KotangaGirl, #1386 Lataxe and #1387 robd

Many thanks for the compliments lady and gentlemen.
I suppose taking a shot in trains is like linesiding, trees, fences, telegraph poles in the way, so best try and make use of them.
I remember "photing" in W Germany trying to avoid get the OHL on any part of the loco and tender, happy days indeed.
As for TS2019 it will be a "wait and see" situation.
My monitor is a "Samsung SyncMaster B2430L (Digital)" set at 1920 x 1080 landscape.

Many thanks.

Ken

Hi EvilCrow,

Do you mind me asking where the teak clerestory coaches in some of your GCR screenshots were found? They look lovely! Your screenshots are utterly stunning - the very best I've seen I think.

Thanks very much

Hello alexl102 re post #1389,

GCR clerestory coaches are by "robd" and are on the DLS, one of them being <kuid345264:101087>.
Mighty fine they are, get them all.

Cheers, evilcrow

Hi Ken, another great shot !.....as all other ones ! Congratulations ! May I ask you which kuid is the concrete fence pole with rusty metal pipes in last shot of post #1392 ?
Regards ,
Pierre

re post #1393 Rail4Pete,

Hello Pierre, thanks for the compliment.
The fence is by gfisher "Erie Railing <kuid:106916:10423>. It's a built in item in TANE, (If my memory is correct it used to be on the USLW site that unfortunately is no longer with us).
Cheers, Ken

evilcrow,

how do you have the headcode disc class 40s in the TANE version of S&C? My copy rather oddly enough does not have them.

Last edited:
re post #1395 gp792

Hello Alex

Have you tried the S&C web site? http://www.settleandcarlisle.co.uk/
I had problems with all the locomotives due to the S&C copy I have, is for TC3. When installing the up-dates, I was getting unknown kuids etc.
Had to revert back to the original and compare each of the up-dates in TS12. A right pain.
Best of luck. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers, Ken

Wonderful images. I always wish that locos had more steam effects like this in Trainz. Can I ask how you are achieving the extra steam? Are you using Pev's Attachment Maker? Thanks

Hello, neville

Most Trainz BR/Engish locos already have the attachment points "a.drain0" and "a.drain1" included in the loco mesh.
You can always check by using "TRAINZ Mesh Viewer2" or "Asset X" (I've noted some creators have not shown these points in the config file).
For the 9F all that was needed was a substitution to the config file, here it is;

smoke2
{
attachment "a.drain0"
mode "anim"
color 255,255,255,250
start 0.1
period 1
rate 20
velocity 1
lifetime 4
minsize 0.3
maxsize 5
}

smoke3
{
attachment "a.drain1"
mode "anim"
color 255,255,255,250
start 0.1
period 1
rate 20
velocity 1
lifetime 4
minsize 0.3
maxsize 5
}

When the loco is on the move use " Alt + D"

Remember to keep a copy of the original config file!

Thanks to "frogpipe" and his "Locomotive Attachment Mesh Library" <kuid2:204652:100336:3>

Cheers, evilcrow

When driving in cab mode use alt+D to turn the drain cocks on and off. This only works in cab mode for locos with attachments named a.drain0 etc.

Back