UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Flight of the Condor

On the Settle and Carlisle route my personal Metrovick Condor session is now graced with the BR 22 Ton CONFLAT P, courtesy of some hard work by evertrainz. Here, the Up double headed Condor service heads south from Carlisle just after 10 pm some time in 1959, when the service was in its early months. With it being an overnight service each way, it is a rarely photographed train. A summer's evening at the southern end of the journey when departing Hendon would have been the main opportunity to capture it, otherwise an early start to get it arriving at its Glasgow destination.

[url=https://imgur.com/Kh0hDJu]

[/URL]

Last edited:
Re Post #1005 neville_hill

You beat me to it, Neville. Don't forget to Alt + Enter to go back to full screen.

76fab5724db25d6b16d4342ba169c76e.jpg

Cheers, Evilcrow

So do you have the Settle and Carlisle add-on Evilcrow? I am just wondering because I don't and I have noticed some locos and rolling stock on the DLS require dependencies from the payware route which makes me a little sad.

Last edited:
re post #1010 MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS.

Hello MTH, I do not have the S&C add-on, what you see is my WIP extension to the "Porchester and Bull's Well" route by rumour3.
All locos and rolling stock are "Freeware" as is everything else and in the main from the DLS.

A good guide to what is available is http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/

I hope this alleviates your sadness and good hunting.

Cheers, evilcrow.

Hello MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS. Which assets on the Download station have you found with S&C payware dependencies? I have S&C in TS12 and in T:ANE so I don't get affected by the issue. Your point of contact can also be www.rail-sim.co.uk for updated files. I recall that mike10 also uploaded updated versions of his BR Mk1 coaches to the DLS around two years ago. If an author has uploaded an asset to the DLS that requires a payware dependency then they might be prepared to help you out. An alternative solution can be to substitute a different dependency in certain instances. However, what cannot be condoned is a forum member who owns S&C payware sharing that content with you since it is a violation of the terms of use.

Hi

There have been a lot of S&C assets updated and placed on the DLS. However all of the rolling stock, as far as I'm aware, require dependencies from the add on to work which is what anyone who has paid for the DLC would expect. If you bide your time until the next N3V sale you will be able to pick it up for a few dollars which makes it excellent value. Despite their age these assets still look good in TANE.

Regards

Brian

Hello MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS. Which assets on the Download station have you found with S&C payware dependencies? I have S&C in TS12 and in T:ANE so I don't get affected by the issue. Your point of contact can also be www.rail-sim.co.uk for updated files. I recall that mike10 also uploaded updated versions of his BR Mk1 coaches to the DLS around two years ago. If an author has uploaded an asset to the DLS that requires a payware dependency then they might be prepared to help you out. An alternative solution can be to substitute a different dependency in certain instances. However, what cannot be condoned is a forum member who owns S&C payware sharing that content with you since it is a violation of the terms of use.

I understand it would be a violation of the terms of use.

Different locos, and some but very few pieces of rolling stock, require dependencies from the S&C add-on. One example is Pikkabird's BR Class 37s. About all of them require dependencies from the DLC. Another example is Paulhobb's models. About all his models require dependencies from the route. I don't mind that they require them though, you just can't use them if you don't have the DLC. Oh and by the way, I LOVE Mike10's coaches. I got all the crimson and cream and solid maroon versions of them. I need to get the brown and cream and solid green versions next.

I cloned then reskinned and changed the body of Pikkabird's BR Class 37 reskin template he put out a few years back. I made 2 versions, one with the center headcode and the other with the split headcode. Of course I will not send it or release it to anyone but it satisfies my need for a green version of the BR Class 37. Most of the others have missing dependencies from the S&C DLC, just go look for yourself. I am happy I could at least get the reskin and new body on the loco. I just have to get rid of the lights. One thing to keep in mind is if anyone is going to use Pikkabird's reskin template is that it is a post blue diesel era template. That means it has headlights, unlike the pre blue diesel era versions. It looks a little odd on the split headcode version I must say, they are just floating there.

Last edited:
Here are the working versions of them. On the left is Pikkabird's reskin base. I could not get the headcodes working or remove the lights but they still look great! If you are wondering, this is on Hawes Junction.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Hellifield Summer Saturday 1938

Some shots in T:ANE with revised graphics settings for the session during a Summer Saturday in 1938.

Above, a 4P 2-6-4T waits to get the road for the western carriage sidings while the 3F 0-6-0T heads for the up Blackburn line.

Above, a 4P 2-6-4T brings a Manchester stopping train in to Hellifield.

Above, the 4P prepares to uncouple from the coaches and the 3F Station Pilot waits to be called on to couple up the coaches for removal.

Hellifield Summer Saturday 1938

More screenshots of Hellifield on a Summer Saturday in 1938.

LMS 2P 4-4-0 on the morning up stopping train from Carlisle approaches its final destination at Hellifield.

LMS 2P 4-4-0 after arrival at Hellifield.

LMS Black 5 4-6-0 brings the express in to Hellifield from Liverpool Exchange. While it terminates here it has two through coaches for Glasgow St. Enoch.

LMS Black 5 arrives at Hellifield

Wait, how did you get one of those locos working if you don't have the DLCs? Those require dependencies from either the PLL or S&C routes. It is either the locos or the tenders that require them. Did you get those from the DLS or from a 3rd party website?

Back