Page 385 of 390 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 5837

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Ed's really made some wonderful J94s, and you've taken some excellent screenshots of them, Tanker! Haven't heard from you for some time, glad to know you're back!

Fired up Trainz for the first time in a while, and I completely forgot I downloaded an LBSCR route. So here are some screenshots of that!

Hope everyone enjoys the screenshots!
    Got way too many ideas in mind for routes and models, but unfortunately too little motivation. Hopefully I can get some soon!

Whiston's Woes

Poor old Whiston! I decided to take him for a run from Norden to Swanage with the C set, so the shorter rake of them all.

Getting to Corfe was okay, nothing out of the ordinary but poor Whiston didn't do very well on the climb up to Harmans Cross!

We struggled to get above 20mph on the uphill gradient and by the time we passed Woodyhyde campsite steam pressure had plummeted and we were limping along at 13mph.

Not long after, on approach to Harmans Cross Whiston was creeping along at 10mph. Upon arrival at Harmans Cross it was failed and another loco had to come and rescue Whiston and the passengers!

Looking at the spec it appears a TC3 version is the only one for a J94 so no doubt our resident expert is on the case! A lovely little loco to drive nonetheless and great seeing it back at Swanage, well done Ed!

Cheers,

PLP
    Building the Swanage Railway for TRS22.

Whiston's Woes

Poor old Whiston! I decided to take him for a run from Norden to Swanage with the C set, so the shorter rake of them all.
    Looking at the spec it appears a TC3 version is the only one for a J94 so no doubt our resident expert is on the case! A lovely little loco to drive nonetheless and great seeing it back at Swanage, well done Ed!

Cheers,

PLP
    Yes TRS22 knocked a lot of the old engine specs on the head which is more than a bit annoying. But as you say our valiant resident engine spec expert has been hard at work updating the majority of Uk steam engines. Perhaps he will get to Ed's J94's fairly soon.
    Out of interest were you using the steam controls to climb that gradient? Taking on gradients with my collection of intrepid tank engines using the 'advanced' steam controls is one of my own particular joys in Trainz.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Hi Annie,

Yes I only use cab mode, it makes it all that much more fun. Some of the latest locos and their controls (mind jumps to 4MT) are superb.

Cheers,

PLP

Errrr...my bad.

A build 4.8 enginespec for the 18" Hunslet "Austerity" has been in existence since late May when Ed started the project but it would perhaps have been helpful if I'd remembered to upload it! Keep your eyes on the over the next couple oif days

That said, do not expect a loco with 18" cylinders, little wheels and a small boiler to be a great performer even on a preserved line. Shunting and low speed (10-15mph) trip work was their forte. Maximum design speed was 29mph, but I understand that the general concensus on preserved lines these days is to keep them under 20mph or they knock themselves apart.

Note to Annie - I originally commissioned those Pecketts of Paul's in your screenshots, so there's a spec for those knocking around as well which I can upload if it would be of interest?

Well 2995Valiant my salute to you for commissioning those Pecketts with Paul and kudos for your engine spec work too. Without creators like you in Trainz the whole place would be worse off.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Well 2995Valiant my salute to you for commissioning those Pecketts with Paul and kudos for your engine spec work too. Without creators like you in Trainz the whole place would be worse off.
    Somehow I missed seeing your Consett Iron Company A Class long-boilered 0-6-0PT screenshots Frank. Excellent screenshots of a classic industrial locomotive.

Note to Annie - I originally commissioned those Pecketts of Paul's in your screenshots, so there's a spec for those knocking around as well which I can upload if it would be of interest?

Yes please. The pair of Pecketts I have assigned to Ravenscraig Colliery on 'Dintdale' are a lot fun to drive and a better engine spec would be the icing on the cake.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

Some random late steam:

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Member of trainz-carriage-wagon-works

Very nice.
    YMA O HYD

Default Beamish Wagonway

A bit of a wider angle shot. The Beamish Waggonway on my route set in County Durham. A Bagnall 0-6-0T pushes a rake of empty wagons up the grade towards Beamish Colliery (East Stanley Pit), while in the left of shot a Peckett 0-4-0ST shunts wagons on the line near Beamish Colliery (Second Pit).

The lines in shot were always colliery lines and in 1947 became part of the National Coal Board. They were never part of either the North Eastern, London & North Eastern or British Railways. The cutting in which the N.E.R.'s Comsett branch ran is situated to the left of shot.
    Last edited by borderreiver; September 21st, 2022 at 10:06 AM.

80104 on the last service train of the day:

Cheers,

PLP

Somewhere 2ft Gauge. A WIP.

Cheers, evilcrow

Nice reskin!

Re post #5773 edh6

Many thanks for the compliment Ed, here's a shot of your loco's in "but what if" BR black.

Cheers, Ken

Sexy and the green livery.
    YMA O HYD