UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thank you !

Here is a WD shattering the rural peace of North Grimston village, one of the few not to be vaporised last year.

WD at North Grimston 8.4.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
I know exactly where this is, just north of the now-closed pub and the little hump bridge on the B1248! Surreal to see it come to life in Trainz.

Hiskey has also done a lot of cottages and houses in the yellowish sandstone that is common in the Ryedale area. I'm seriously considering taking up 2995valliant's offer of an NYMR DEM, even if I only do a portion of it, but I'll have to message hiskey first as he might be doing it himself!

I know exactly where this is, just north of the now-closed pub and the little hump bridge on the B1248! Surreal to see it come to life in Trainz.

Hiskey has also done a lot of cottages and houses in the yellowish sandstone that is common in the Ryedale area. I'm seriously considering taking up 2995valliant's offer of an NYMR DEM, even if I only do a portion of it, but I'll have to message hiskey first as he might be doing it himself!

Has the pub closed ? 🤔 I remember going into it as a 17 year old lad in the 1976 heatwave after looking at the pile of horseshoes beside the blacksmiths.

I feel a little hoarse after reading that news.

Horse at North Grimston 8.4.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Last edited:
Definitely closed I'm afraid, I was quite surprised too as it was always popular with bikers. I suppose it is only a small village, another pub on one of my favourite walking routes along the old Beverley-York trackbed has closed too.

Funny you should say that, I've always associated North Grimston with horseshoes since I was a kid as one of the farm buildings had them attached to the wall! I presume the blacksmiths is long gone now?

I have many fond memories of that whole area.

Definitely closed I'm afraid, I was quite surprised too as it was always popular with bikers. I suppose it is only a small village, another pub on one of my favourite walking routes along the old Beverley-York trackbed has closed too.

Funny you should say that, I've always associated North Grimston with horseshoes since I was a kid as one of the farm buildings had them attached to the wall! I presume the blacksmiths is long gone now?

I have many fond memories of that whole area.

I think the Blacksmiths is now an expensive house. There's a photo of it here https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-r...6f5c4b6135ab908299e1f6feccc22037&searchtype=0
And the horseshoe pile here https://www.alamy.com/blacksmiths-s...6f5c4b6135ab908299e1f6feccc22037&searchtype=0

A couple of days ago I accidentally downloaded GCR V15 and I've been playing with it as its an amazing piece of work. I found the weed grown platforms of Waddesdon station a bit sad so I have resurrected it and here is a V2 heading south with a Gresley triplet rake.

V2 at Waddesdon 10.4.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
Gcr is a forgotten legand the updated should be V22 or V23 haven't looked in awhile

The GCR is an amazing route and one of my favourites. I guess it's as close as we'll ever get to seeing the GC extension in real life (sadly).
Dear Paul,
Waddesdon station was closed in 1936 according to the disused stations website and since I normally try ti work in the 1950-1960s period I built it on the GCR as disused, However since then I have added the Quainton to Verney Junction line which was closed in the early 1940s. I am just pleased that you enjoy the route. The latest version on the DLS is GCR22 V4, but I hope that V5 will follow shortly. Converting the scale from10 to 5m caused many minor problems which I am slowly trying to correct.

Kindest regards,
Peter.

I have a book on the Malton-Driffield line and there is a photo of an A4 on an excursion. So not impossible!

An A2 also visited on a Royal visit to Sledmere.

Yes, I found out as much as I could about motive power and I've bought appropriate locos from Paulz Trainz although they've disappeared and I will need to redownload them. I did make a remarkable discovery which was that in Warwick Burtons book on page 25 the vehicle barely visible on the left at North Grimston was a Neptune track recording vehicle , probably the one based at York which still survives.

I've made a video and will be uploading it to YouTube later on.

Edit - done.

Last edited:
Fascinating stuff. I'd love to see some LNER motive power steaming through the area again one day! The group at Fimber seem very enthusiastic but's a long road ahead to even reinstate a mile or so of track, I imagine.

Finally some screenshots from me - yep, I know that Mallard is from TRS2004...

2024-04-13-000032.jpg

2024-04-13-000324.jpg

Fascinating stuff. I'd love to see some LNER motive power steaming through the area again one day! The group at Fimber seem very enthusiastic but's a long road ahead to even reinstate a mile or so of track, I imagine.

Finally some screenshots from me - yep, I know that Mallard is from TRS2004...

2024-04-13-000032.jpg

2024-04-13-000324.jpg
You can still get camscott pay ware A4s if you email him, I got my A4 that way.

You can still get camscott pay ware A4s if you email him, I got my A4 that way.
Yep, they're still in good quality too (especially if you use either T:ANE or TRS19/22). Unless he decided to use that old A4 Mallard for nostalgic reasons, but I doubt it and could just be mistaken as he most likely doesn't have a better version of Mallard in his collection. Also, it's insane that TRS2004 is literally 20 years old at this point, TRS2006 would soon follow, then Classics 1-3, then 2009 and so forth.

Ex-Stockton & Darlington Bouch 4-4-0 No.161 (1860-1888) at work hauling a train of chauldron wagons on my 'Cainrigg to Balessie' route. For an engine built in 1860 it looks surprisingly modern.
This route of mine was uploaded to the DLS back in December 2018 and I'm presently giving it a refresh and tidy up in TRS19 SP5.

QiOGmBd.jpg

l6hnSG3.jpg

Back