UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

WIP: Great Northern Railway brick signal cabin

This is the closest I found. Acceptable?

16117-wip-great-northern-railway-brick-signal-cabin

I really hope the windows isn't going to blank.
The problem is I would need a complete interior and I have not the slightest clue about the UK signal technology. For Germany there is Siemens&Halske and AEG but in the UK?

Could some experts look into my asset MV_Commandobude/<kuid:206616:100354> and tell me if those technical items would fit?

The problem is I would need a complete interior and I have not the slightest clue about the UK signal technology. For Germany there is Siemens&Halske and AEG but in the UK?

Could some experts look into my asset MV_Commandobude/<kuid:206616:100354> and tell me if those technical items would fit?

That German interior is not representative of UK practice. here's a good UK example with typical featrures:
Lever frame along the side with the windows, instrument shelf above that with block instruments. Track diagram at the top. The back wall has a selection of desks and the phone and some sort of stove or fireplace.

Google "Signal box interior" for lots of images!

12862378985_d45f976583_k.jpg

Ah ok that makes sense but truth be told nether am I lol.

But there are really good videos on Youtube.

This one explains what they do and the meaning behind some of them though some are the modern lights.
and some of the older post and arm.

Here are some explaining how they work in the box but I haven't watched these yet though.

MV_Great Northern Railway signal cabin HT
<kuid:206616:100636>

Great Northern Railway signal cabin
2048*2048 texture maps
Polygons Lod0 8,848 Lod1 3,545 Lod2 399

Great Northern Railway signal cabin
2048*2048 Texture Maps
Polygone Lod0 8.848 Lod1 3.545 Lod2 399

A version with interior is planned...

16129-mv-great-northern-railway-signal-cabin-ht

That's looking excellent mick. I've noticed with other signal boxes in TRS22 that the transparency of the window glass can be critical - often detailed interiors (and figures etc) can't be appreciated from outside because the windows are too opaque. Maybe it's different in different Trainz versions.

That's looking excellent mick. I've noticed with other signal boxes in TRS22 that the transparency of the window glass can be critical - often detailed interiors (and figures etc) can't be appreciated from outside because the windows are too opaque. Maybe it's different in different Trainz versions.
TS19 and TS22 need a different transparency setting to TANE. If I can remember what it is I'll create new versions for TS19 and 22 sometime.

Cheerio John

Back