UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

'La France' at Lynelle station. The Atlantic is in a sulk because there's something wrong with its brakes and I can't quite figure it out.
'Etes-vous certaine d'être mécanicienne madame ? Ou faites-vous simplement semblant….'
OTtPYeB.jpg

Hello Everyone!

It's been a while since I posted in! I unfortunately had a laptop meltdown earlier this year and honestly had to wait until I could afford a new rig to continue... Not to worry though! I learned from last time and all my projects were dropboxed and saved before the meltdown occurred (ESPICALLY The SR Region Project ;)).

Now operating on a proper desktop rig with spec that OUTPERFORM TRS19 requirements - I intend to catch up with all the time I have lost by being out of contact with everyone.

Took Giraud's UK Harbour for a spin now that I have a GPU that can handle it. It's a whole new experience operating on Ultra Settings too!

Feels great to be back. I missed each and every one of you. :)

tXavdCF.jpg
IPbrAv7.jpg
24HnXgy.jpg
Ps2xBsV.jpg
bfovabV.jpg
i79avkn.jpg

UL8jhtI.jpg
ZtqEebo.jpg
4Y4CwWy.jpg

Feels great to be back. I missed each and every one of you. :)
Nice to see you back Tanker. My faithful old CoolerMaster computer suddenly died last month and I've only just now managed to piece everything back together again. In between things I've been running TANE in Linux which has been a successful project and one that I'm likely to stay with.
I'm working on getting a Windows 11 computer up and running, but I don't think it will be Trainz ready until sometime in the New Year.

And yes like you I was saved from a lot of heartache by having everything backed up to the max.

No you're quite right, new models are always welcome though I'm not completely sold on this one it has to be said. The model is nice enough but the cab view is a let down along with the generic sounds and the scripting for the headcodes and livery is all TTTE based and not user friendly at all! Some nice touches though include the brake pipes and sanding gear.

Cheers,

PLP

No you're quite right, new models are always welcome though I'm not completely sold on this one it has to be said. The model is nice enough but the cab view is a let down along with the generic sounds and the scripting for the headcodes and livery is all TTTE based and not user friendly at all! Some nice touches though include the brake pipes and sanding gear.

Cheers,

PLP
Yea true, the sounds and cab view can easily be changeable but it's a step in the right direction.

I couldn't find anything either on the website or on Discord, - not that I care much for Discord. From PLP's assessment it sounds like I'm not missing anything much anyway.
Skipper's and Gary Price's 57xx's do all I want.
With a bit of tinkering, I think it's worth having. It's the Churchward cab version as per Skipper's, but it's a big step up from his model. It is high poly without LOD though, so the "I want square wheels on my 20 year old budget laptop" brigade won't like it o_O but my old GTX 1080ti seems happy enough with it on a fairly detailed branchline with HD terrain:

5700-Class-at-Leigh-Bridge-Level-Crossing.jpg

5741-near-Bicknoller.jpg

5741-at-Williton.jpg

With a bit of tinkering, I think it's worth having. It's the Churchward cab version as per Skipper's, but it's a big step up from his model.
I don't mind being proved wrong if it really is a worthwhile model, but so far I haven't been able to discover where it's hiding so I can download it.

Back