UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

My old Win 10 CoolerMaster computer died last night. I can't afford to buy a Win 11 compatible replacement or even a new motherboard so out came my HP Linux powered Xeon computer and it's going to be my daily use computer from now on. It's going to be a pain learning how to use new graphics software to do texture work, but I think I'll cope.

This is PLL running in Debian Linux via Wine. TRS22 build 117655, - though I'm going to bump it up a couple of patches before I put the brakes on at build 119451.

vIzEZk2.png

Very sorry to hear that your computer's no longer working. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon, but judging by the screenshot it seems TRS22 works fine.

A question, how do you make it so that TRS22 updates only to a specific version? I'm at SP2 right now but I'm really considering bumping down to SP1, is that possible?

Hope all goes well with your hardware situation though!

Very sorry to hear that your computer's no longer working. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon, but judging by the screenshot it seems TRS22 works fine.

A question, how do you make it so that TRS22 updates only to a specific version? I'm at SP2 right now but I'm really considering bumping down to SP1, is that possible?

Hope all goes well with your hardware situation though!
Thanks Andrew. After getting Trainz setup in Linux things don't look like quite the disaster they seemed to be last night.

As to updating TRS22 or not I just keep on clicking the 'remind me next week' option every time an update gets offered.
I have a copy of the original TRS22 build 117655 off-line installer and that was what I used to load TRS22 into Wine so it would run under Linux. The next available update patch is 119451 so I accepted that one and when the next one was offered I did the 'remind me next week' thing. It's a pain having to do it every week, but it's better than getting a lot of bugs and/or 'updates' that I don't want.

I see. I think I have a copy of the old TRS22 Beta installer but I'm not sure if I can downgrade my build from 5.2 to 5.1. I'll have to see though, I'll lose TRS22 Platinum but I'll have a version that works fine. Thanks for letting me know how it works though!

Ann, I am just curious if you can change the update stream in the launcher so you don't get all the prompts? Then you could always change it back when you want updates?

Ann, I am just curious if you can change the update stream in the launcher so you don't get all the prompts? Then you could always change it back when you want updates?
It's not something that I've tried doing Forester so I don't really know if it would work or not.

Fired up ye olde TRS22 again and just loaded up a random PLL session and messed around with this 4F's AI a tiny bit.
[MEDIA] [MEDIA] [MEDIA]
I really do want to just have a more focused Trainz session soon, but I dunno what it is I'm just not that interested in 22 right now. Hmm...well enjoy the screenshots regardless!

EDIT: Hmm, BBCode's not working for me, gimmie a moment
EDIT II: Well guess the old (IMG) BBcode doesn't work, great. Enjoy regardless

EDIT: Hmm, BBCode's not working for me, gimmie a moment
EDIT II: Well guess the old (IMG) BBcode doesn't work, great. Enjoy regardless
I'm posting my screenshots from Imgur using BBCode without any problems Andrew so I don't know what's happened with your images.

Thanks but I'm afraid it is private as the original model is camscott's payware. I've shown it to illustrate that it's possible to reskin camscott's NSR locos in to the original NSR livery.

Rob.
I hope to sometime next year have a new one out in all liveries Carried, as for the wagons, they’ve been beta tested and are just waiting for N3V to review, have been for a month now, when they get round to looking at them will be when they appear on the store, sadly out of my control, I really wish the wait times were better, these wagons have been done for the best part of 2 months now…

I might have been able to get TRS22 to run in Linux, but it seemed that every bug and glitch that's almost tolerable when running in Windows is worse when running in Linux. So because of that I'm going to archive TRS22 away and run TANE in Linux instead. Perhaps when I can afford to buy a new Windows 11 compatible computer I'll give TRS22 a try again.

Because TANE just does what it says on the tin and works like it should.

TwsdCIX.png

LDNaYVY.png

At least you've been able to find a version that works for you! Good ol' TANE, I wish I could always stay with it...I could, but ah well. Some very pretty screenshots you've taken!

Some nice TANE shots there Annie. I like the wintery scenes in post #6716, they look like today here in UK!

It must be quite a novel thing to run Trainz TANE in Linux, you've done well it appears, the only downside to TANE is you won't be able to install some of the newer creations made in TRS2019 and up. Hope you get your new Win11 machine soon!

Rob.

Back