UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Shunting at Windweather.

V8ZmO0I.jpg

sUqXLl5.jpg

5oWcgQO.jpg

Why is it a failure? It looks perfectly fine to me with recognisable structures used where possible. We all have to start somewhere and route building is incredibly difficult, especially where prototypical routes are concerned so give yourself credit where it is due! The fact that you stuck at it and managed to produce an end result at all is much further than a lot of people ever get. Route building is an art and you'll find that practice really does make perfect, however clichéd it may sound.

Cheers,

PLP

Why is it a failure? It looks perfectly fine to me with recognisable structures used where possible. We all have to start somewhere and route building is incredibly difficult, especially where prototypical routes are concerned so give yourself credit where it is due! The fact that you stuck at it and managed to produce an end result at all is much further than a lot of people ever get. Route building is an art and you'll find that practice really does make perfect, however clichéd it may sound.

Cheers,

PLP
Thank you for your kind words m8.

The inaccuracies of the yard’s layout and the station’s orientation were due to my limited experience in route building as I was using Trainz: A New Era at the time

I've have improved a lot with the Mickleover diorama I've did a year back, I guess using the term failure wasn't the right word to use.

Now I'm better there is no harm going back to it. :)

You're right spitfire98462 / PLP - 'failure' isn't generally the right word to apply to route building. Everything in Trainz can be corrected if you have the wish to, and everything you get 'wrong' is stored in your experience so that things generally get better, easier and faster the more you do. Well.....most of the time anyway!

A few random screenshots........

sS5dN3z.jpg

prY8K3Y.jpg

a3VNOxG.jpg

Yku0NLh.jpg

Et7XTo0.jpg

Xqg4cAD.jpg

Thanks as ever to all the brilliant asset creators who enable all the fun.

Nice to see you over here Mick. I do love your items (though not always easy to fit into an English scenario). But this is great - the Co-Op is a venerable (and venerated) part of our social landscape. I myself was a member of the Oxford and Swindon Co-Op and my mam worked for the (retail) Co-Op for many years. My dad had a Co-Op funeral!

Paul

mick1960 - I have to respectfully disagree with you about Charles's views on British architecture. I dread to think what Trainzland would look like if his views took root here!

I've just been looking at the UK oldest steam engine in Trainz is and it's Catch me who can built in 1808. :0

I was wondering are there any more locos/ rolling stock from this time frame from 1810s to 1830s ?

Not counting the Steve's L&MR stuff nor the Rainhill trials.

Never mind found some : D

Last edited:
Ay KotangaGirl I was looking at the DLS as I came across your LNWR 5ft 6in tank engine assets I just wondering have you made some progress on it ?

You can get the latest BR 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' version here.

https://www.jatws.org/anne/anne.html

It's too difficult to get legacy spec locomotives accepted on the DLS now so any loco of mine that's presently on the DLS won't progress any further than what you see there. I may sort out some other locos to upload to jatws.org, but don't hold your breath waiting.
The Midland half cab 1F 0-6-0s were the last locos I got accepted by the DLS and then only with Edh6's very kind help to sort out broken scripts.

Ex-LNWR_5ft_6in_2-4-2T.jpg

Last edited:
You can get the latest BR 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' version here.

https://www.jatws.org/anne/anne.html

It's too difficult to get legacy spec locomotives accepted on the DLS now so any loco of mine that's presently on the DLS won't progress any further than what you see there. I may sort out some other locos to upload to jatws.org, but don't hold your breath waiting.
The Midland half cab 1F 0-6-0s were the last locos I got accepted by the DLS and then only with Edh6's very kind help to sort out broken scripts.

Ex-LNWR_5ft_6in_2-4-2T.jpg
That is very sad too hear I really hope this issue get shorted out soon.

Back