UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

The plan is to make the 10 E22's from the later 1893 series as well as making all 20 E22's (early and late) available in LNER black. I don't know if they will be available in the later post war GER grey livery (which I don't care much for anyway).
I haven't heard from Connor recently, but I suppose he will be in touch soon enough. I've asked him about doing a GER Class '209' (Y5) for me next.

I'll be completely honest and say I've only just got round to looking back upon the forums to see what I've missed. The other liveries for the E22 are still a work in progress, but there is no ETA for those since at the end of September I resumed my studies at University. I might be able to get some work done on those around Christmas, but given my current situation it's all quite touch-and-go. I will certainly be keeping you updated on any progress that does happen in the meantime, but I do apologise for the delay in my response.

I'll be completely honest and say I've only just got round to looking back upon the forums to see what I've missed. The other liveries for the E22 are still a work in progress, but there is no ETA for those since at the end of September I resumed my studies at University. I might be able to get some work done on those around Christmas, but given my current situation it's all quite touch-and-go. I will certainly be keeping you updated on any progress that does happen in the meantime, but I do apologise for the delay in my response.
Absolutely no pressure Connor. I know you have your university work and other calls on your time and that you will get to your commision work when you are able to do it.

Absolutely no pressure Connor. I know you have your university work and other calls on your time and that you will get to your commision work when you are able to do it.
I couldn't agree more Annie. Connor's models are first rate and they can't be rushed when real life is much more important than Trainz.

That being said, I did forget to post these when I took them a while ago. Your new SECR H Class is exceptional Connor, given how January 1st 2024 is the 125th anniversary of the SECR, this model certainly lives up to the elegance that the original locomotives held while in service a century ago!

NRW8WSG.jpg

aKKkOhZ.jpg

That being said, I did forget to post these when I took them a while ago. Your new SECR H Class is exceptional Connor, given how January 1st 2024 is the 125th anniversary of the SECR, this model certainly lives up to the elegance that the original locomotives held while in service a century ago!
The SECR livery is truly lovely Tanker, - I have to agree with you there. Connor's new 'H' class really is quite something.

One of Ed Heaps's GER C32's seen at Hobbly Bridge in charge of the local passenger service. Rob Dee's excellent 6 wheel GER coaches help to set the scene as well.

QztEopm.jpg

sWJ0hxz.jpg

The SECR livery is truly lovely Tanker, - I have to agree with you there. Connor's new 'H' class really is quite something.

One of Ed Heaps's GER C32's seen at Hobbly Bridge in charge of the local passenger service. Rob Dee's excellent 6 wheel GER coaches help to set the scene as well.

QztEopm.jpg

sWJ0hxz.jpg
Thank you for the kind words Annie and outstanding photos as always! (The GER is turning 162 this upcoming year!)

I quite agree, Robd's GER 6 Wheel Coaches are quite outstanding. 6 Wheeled Stock is something a bit sparse in Trainz when Pre-Grouping is considered. We're extremely lucky to have generous content creators like Rob and Ken Green to fill these gaps and provide us with the appropriate rolling stock we need to bring the images in our heads to life.

Speaking of Pre-Grouping and Images in our heads, I have something I know you'll enjoy. I took a bit of inspiration from your fantastic Minehead Route, and with Barney's help was able to create a little Western Fantasy of my own, set in a time where Armstrong's outstanding designs had not yet been forgotten...

Jttkd1k.jpg
RokVuAH.jpg
fj3F3yh.jpg
EnvfdkN.jpg
4YHlUf4.jpg
Y20P9wi.jpg
zH4xHhf.jpg
DdiJc7l.jpg

Speaking of Pre-Grouping and Images in our heads, I have something I know you'll enjoy. I took a bit of inspiration from your fantastic Minehead Route, and with Barney's help was able to create a little Western Fantasy of my own, set in a time where Armstrong's outstanding designs had not yet been forgotten...
Excellent screenshots Tanker. What you've put together there with Barney's help looks very nice indeed.

Between not being well and being focused on my Norfolk layout and the GER buildings project with George I've been severely neglecting both Minehead and my Penzance to Camborne route. It seems at present I can only focus on the GER or the GWR, but not both (sigh).

Excellent screenshots Tanker. What you've put together there with Barney's help looks very nice indeed.

Between not being well and being focused on my Norfolk layout and the GER buildings project with George I've been severely neglecting both Minehead and my Penzance to Camborne route. It seems at present I can only focus on the GER or the GWR, but not both (sigh).
I'm very sorry to hear that Annie. I find myself in a similar situation between the SR Project and my current endeavors with Barney.

If I may give some positive support, I think your projects always flourish when you give them each individual attention. Your GER Projects are looking even more stunning than usual and I'm sure that your GWR Projects will begin to look the same when you find your way back to them. You're an excellent Trainz creator and no matter what you choose to focus on we'll be in awe over your progress.

To be honest, I am quite glad you decided to undertake the GER Building Project with George - it's filled a long-standing gap in Pre-Grouping Trainz Content! He's incredibly talented and his Midland and GER Buildings are first rate, just like PLP's! I wish I could convince him to come over to the "South" Side of UK Modelling! Lord knows I could use as many buildings for the SR Project as I can get!

MZXfvuw.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to hear that Annie. I find myself in a similar situation between the SR Project and my current endeavors with Barney.

If I may give some positive support, I think your projects always flourish when you give them each individual attention. Your GER Projects are looking even more stunning than usual and I'm sure that your GWR Projects will begin to look the same when you find your way back to them. You're an excellent Trainz creator and no matter what you choose to focus on we'll be in awe over your progress.

To be honest, I am quite glad you decided to undertake the GER Building Project with George - it's filled a long-standing gap in Pre-Grouping Trainz Content! He's incredibly talented and his Midland and GER Buildings are first rate, just like PLP's! I wish I could convince him to come over to the "South" Side of UK Modelling! Lord knows I could use as many buildings for the SR Project as I can get!

MZXfvuw.jpg
Thank you very much for your kind comments Tanker. My Norfolk layout has been nice enough and much of it has stayed the same for more than a year or two now. It was the same old story with Uk steam era railways in Trainz of having to use generic placeholder buildings instead of the correct ones, - and while doing that can look nice enough it's never going to be entirely convincing. You know yourself what a major difference having the correct buildings for the stations on your Southern Railway project made. Suddenly everything was transformed and simply looked better.

It was the same once once I started digging through my archives and providing George with photos and drawings of GER railway buildings and infrastructure. Suddenly I could no longer be satisfied with making do with generic placeholders and while my Norfolk layout is going to be undergoing a lot of rebuilding at most of the stations and undergoing a lot of change it's going to be so much better in the long run. And in due course I'm sure my GWR projects will get their turn to be fettled and improved.

There's nothing generic about an ex-Eastern Counties Railways timber goods shed. Some of these mid-19th century timber goods sheds were huge and they lasted in some cases well into the early BR era.

D9KDrua.jpg

George - in post #6619, in the picture of your collected assets, what's the small building with two doors, next to the weighbridge office? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

George - in post #6619, in the picture of your collected assets, what's the small building with two doors, next to the weighbridge office? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.
Hello!

Thanks for your message as it reminded me to upload it!

It's a pump room/ fodder store from the GER station at Rayne. Another building that @KotangaGirl kindly provided me with the information and drawings for.

VNFUu7F.jpg

gRAYdM6.jpg

pZX8u6s.jpg

Also now done another little station building.

BjIypvE.jpg

PxFqC3u.jpg

I have uploaded them now. Should be on the DLS tomorrow.

Best regards,

George

They are beautiful. The only point I would make - and it's a general point for Trainz as a whole - is that we're depicting a period that was very smokey and grimy and most brick and woodwork was quite blackened. We don't really appreciate this after the last 70 years of clean air legislation and smokeless fuel. And the sandblasting of the blackened buildings that emerged from the Victorian soot! The consequence is that many buildings in Trainz are far too clean and would not have looked like this in the 1950s. So I humbly ask creators to think about weathering because it does matter.

Paul

They are beautiful. The only point I would make - and it's a general point for Trainz as a whole - is that we're depicting a period that was very smokey and grimy and most brick and woodwork was quite blackened. We don't really appreciate this after the last 70 years of clean air legislation and smokeless fuel. And the sandblasting of the blackened buildings that emerged from the Victorian soot! The consequence is that many buildings in Trainz are far too clean and would not have looked like this in the 1950s. So I humbly ask creators to think about weathering because it does matter.

Paul
Point taken Paul, but the majority of the buildings that George and I have been collaborating together on are in GER spec paint colours for the pre-WW1 era so they wouldn't be as grimy as they would have been by the 1950s if they had survived that long. By the mid 1950s many of the buildings George has modelled would have been either demolished or derelict unfortunately.
We did decide to have some the timber station buildings and signal boxes in both early and late LNER colours and I agree that they would have no longer looked their best by the 1940s. I'm sure that if you wanted to talk to George and discuss the possibility of more weathered buildings something might be able to be worked out.

Last edited:
Generally, I couldn't agree more Paul. Particularly if you're modelling 1950's /60's, it's quite a job finding enough dirty or weathered assets, whether it's buildings, locos or rolling stick. Conversely, there are many otherwise brilliant assets that are ruled out because they are so clean and bright. Sometimes it's hard to believe just how filthy everything was around a railway.

A parcels shed based on the one at Tiptree station on the Tollesbury branch is the latest GER building from Georgeworks. The little station building is based on the one at Tiptree as well. The other buildings I'm making use of at Cathill on my Norfolk layout are the GER standard signal shed and a platform waiting shelter in GER pale beige and reddish brown. The parcels shed will be heading for the DLS fairly soon.

rbauENb.jpg

Zz7i2wz.jpg

EWDzNrN.jpg

More of the Hopewood Tramway rebuild at Bluebell Woods. More generic assets being replaced with Georgeworks GER assets.
Having to fix displaced splines and trackwork that were caused by 'updates' that weren't anything of the kind in +Plus was getting a bit tedious though. No more rent-a-simulator for this woman ever again.

0NkLg6z.jpg

zyK090N.jpg

JgVrLC4.jpg

e1XIe9P.jpg

Last edited:
Work continues with tidying up and refreshing the Hopewood Tramway.
Oh, that is cool. Ya know, you British folks have almost, not quite, but almost, got me ready to switch from doing semi-freelance US style trains to doing UK style trains.
Which brings up the nice point that you can mix and match train in Trainz just fine, no hassle matching Kadee and hook and loop and NEM couplers! :)

Back