UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Hi Lewisner, really enjoying these screenies, you`ve done a good job with those shunt sigs & they certainly give a nice complex feel to the layout. So far I have only had to bodge in two places - Durham North - dolly from platform 2 to the shed & at KEB South jnc of which you`ll see a screeny shortly. I was considering doing a similar job with the Durham viaduct gantry but settled for the post 1964 arrangement of a colour light [DS51, & I do know that you know where that is], & a dolly. Like the station building - very prototypical for the NE - is it a reskin?

Currently I am `oldiefying` the Low Fell area which involves construction of the p/way store yard, coal sidings, trading estate exchange sdgs, including part of the NCB line to Lady Park colliery. Been quite a challenge with all the above being on different levels. I hope to put some screenies on in the next couple of weeks.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

Hi Itareus,

Thanks for that info & offer of details, yes I have tried the Durham mining museum site but most of the photos seem to be from early 1900s` era.

Photos of collieries & many other industries for that matter are rare, & the ones that do surface now & again tend to be accidental shots i.e. where the industry is in the background of something like a sporting event or a staff group photo.

What I have found to be a huge help is the `Britain from the air` site, this has enabled me to construct near replicas of the Birtley Ordnance factories & some industries in the Darlington area, & is recommended for all Trainzers.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

n03f.png

Johnson 0-4-4T No. 1286 idles in Ishdon station platform whilst waiting for its coal train, circa 1910.

bpry.png

Twenty years on, and the landscape has changed little. Fellow classmate no. 1316 pulls out of Ishdon platform 1 with a short mixed goods train.

Hi Lewisner, really enjoying these screenies, you`ve done a good job with those shunt sigs & they certainly give a nice complex feel to the layout. So far I have only had to bodge in two places - Durham North - dolly from platform 2 to the shed & at KEB South jnc of which you`ll see a screeny shortly. I was considering doing a similar job with the Durham viaduct gantry but settled for the post 1964 arrangement of a colour light [DS51, & I do know that you know where that is], & a dolly. Like the station building - very prototypical for the NE - is it a reskin?

Currently I am `oldiefying` the Low Fell area which involves construction of the p/way store yard, coal sidings, trading estate exchange sdgs, including part of the NCB line to Lady Park colliery. Been quite a challenge with all the above being on different levels. I hope to put some screenies on in the next couple of weeks.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

Hi Bogieman , the station building is a reskin of Kemplen's "LNER Island Platform Building" but it will be short lived at Penshaw as I plan to renew the station tomorrow. Over a couple of pints of brain lubricant tonight I came up with an idea for Penshaw signalbox - it is a reskin of one of Marky7980's boxes encased in TSP Brick Wall 1, then with "Goods Platform Steps" (4 lots) and "Fence 3 Bar" as the handrail and "Build A Facility" windows. I did Fencehouses box (thanks) though not exactly as you said, and it looks much better now. I don't know how an NBL Class 29 made it to County Durham but here is one passing Penshaw on the goods lines.
Class 29 at Penshaw Station par PinzaC55, on ipernity

Hi Lewisner,

thanks for the info, I really must get my head round this reskinning caper & start knocking some realistic buildings together.

Might try some of that brain lubricant you mentioned recently - yes I googled it up - looks good.

Interesting method of stair construction you used there, might give it a go on my next SBs` King Eddy jnc & Greensfield, so far I have only used `Industrial staircase` , Liskeard SB steps` & `Wood platform steps`. There are other examples of suitable parts, the names of which I cannot bring to mind at the moment, but when I have time I will do a trawl of the Bogieman bash`n bodge bits folders.

Just finished the point rodding on my Low Fell section, next stage is to run out some signal wiring & then plant plenty of weeds. Will be away from the computer for the next few days but hope to have some screenies ready around the middle of next week.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

two more from me, Ex-LNER Y3's on stock movement duties on Little Valley, as the J94 sits waiting in the platform

ce78.jpg

f38z.jpg

Chris

**Large Screenshot**

Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST Shunting a Un-named & un-numbered sentinel back to the Loco sheds for some work to be carried out

e292023ab694902dd381b239fc69baeb.jpg

Two Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST's moving some stock to make room for the passenger stock to be shunted in to the storage line

cmburgess_20140209_0000.jpg

cmburgess_20140209_0001.jpg

cmburgess_20140209_0002.jpg

Chris

Loving it!

So one day, I was looking through some scale loco drawings, and came across plans for a North Staffordshire Railway B class. (not to be confused with the Mercedes B Class) The diagrams seemed to say to me "Model me! Model me!" and so that's exactly what I did. It comes with changeable number submeshes, so you can run two of the same engine with two different numbers at once.

stafford_s_stablemate_by_old_freddy-d7725bh.png

cwk3.png

qqsd.png

The B class, from what I understand, never made it to BR ownership, and few of them made it past the LMS's renumbering scheme and livery change in 1928. I've only made the model (and a coach) in NSR and early LMS livery, both of which are available at http://kirkronan.webs.com/ but will also be available on the DLS shortly. (They come with changeable number submeshes, just in case you're wondering why they don't have any numbers when you first place them on the track)

Last edited:
Back