UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Mosston on Sea on the Tenpenny Branch now has new buildings to replace the older placeholder buildings I was using before.
During Summer it's quite a busy little station with a good many visitors and day trippers. Of course on my Norfolk layout it's always Summer.

oQPjAw7.jpg

WKOfnDr.jpg

Seems to me that a certain mysterious time travelling Doctor is looking to choose himself a new assistant.

C1Qyg9q.jpg

6FuZuL1.jpg

A busy little goods yard.

l1bioAZ.jpg

Mosston on Sea on the Tenpenny Branch now has new buildings to replace the older placeholder buildings I was using before.
During Summer it's quite a busy little station with a good many visitors and day trippers. Of course on my Norfolk layout it's always Summer.

oQPjAw7.jpg

WKOfnDr.jpg

Seems to me that a certain mysterious time travelling Doctor is looking to choose himself a new assistant.

C1Qyg9q.jpg

6FuZuL1.jpg

A busy little goods yard.

l1bioAZ.jpg
Annie where is the lovely traction engine and log wagon from? I have a forestry that's yearning for this.

Looks great, Ann! Are those your own wagons (J. H. Death, Dibble & Grubb)? Clever names! :giggle:
J.H. Death is the name of a real East Anglian coal merchant and the signwriting on the PO wagon is prototypically correct according to research done by a GER Society member. The Dibble & Grubb PO wagon though is from an imaginary series I did based on the the names of the members of the fire brigade in the children's television program 'Camberwick Green'.

d0oolDM.jpg

Annie where is the lovely traction engine and log wagon from? I have a forestry that's yearning for this.
George, both are models by the much missed euromodeller who was taken from us far too soon.

<kuid:166065:118090> EMT Steam Tractor - Green, Driveable

<kuid:166065:118039> EMT Steam Tractor Wood Transport Trailer

They are driveable models and I have them placed on a length of invisible track. I've not tried driving them about on this layout, but I have on another one that has a bit more roadway space.

They certainly are Annie! If you love these wagons you're going love running them even more!

Another S&C Shot: LNER Steam at Duran Hill
Now that is one good looking screenshot Tanker. And yes I'm very much looking forward to when these new N.S.R. wagons will be released.

Little slice of heaven.
Indeed it is George. Hopefully you'll post some more snaps of your new GER trainset.

A couple of snaps I took of the morning passenger service on the Tenpenny Branch.

3X7FUEU.jpg

rwG0xcC.jpg

Work continues with updating the railway buildings on the Tenpenny Branch. The GER station buildings based on Quy station and the small GER gate-signal box based on the one at Wood Ditton will be heading for upload to the DLS fairly soon. This has been a fun and interesting project working with George to create these new buildings.

71zg0nv.jpg

OKYNPeM.jpg

Yxi0ONE.jpg

After a good deal of effort and research George and I have been able to create a GER timber goods shed based on the ex-Eastern Counties Railway goods shed built circa 1865 at Marks Tey. There's very little information to be had about these goods sheds as most that were still standing in the mid-20th century were in various states of collapse and by the time folk thought to grab their cameras and measuring tapes they had been demolished. Along with the goods shed there's the stables and water tower that were associated with the goods shed as well.
Once they've been frowned at some more they'll be heading off to the DLS.

ohrgPQ8.jpg

Nc1tttn.jpg

After a good deal of effort and research George and I have been able to create a GER timber goods shed based on the ex-Eastern Counties Railway goods shed built circa 1865 at Marks Tey. There's very little information to be had about these goods sheds as most that were still standing in the mid-20th century were in various states of collapse and by the time folk thought to grab their cameras and measuring tapes they had been demolished. Along with the goods shed there's the stables and water tower that were associated with the goods shed as well.
Once they've been frowned at some more they'll be heading off to the DLS.

ohrgPQ8.jpg

Nc1tttn.jpg
That looks right at home in Norfolk! Lovely shots.

Doing some more test running on South London - this time with an unexpected visitor!

GWjGW46.jpg

In 1953, Merchant Navy Class No. 35020 "Bibby Line" suffered a main axle failure while running at speed through Exeter Central Station on an Exeter St. Davids to Waterloo Service. The crank axle failure and the fires that followed were enough for the Southern Region of BR to temporarily withdraw all Bulleid Merchant Navy and a handful of West County and Battle of Britian Pacifics out of service to begin the rebuilds that would lead to the complete remodeling of all SR Bulleid Pacifics in service to BR.

Stewarts Lane received a compliment of 14 LNER Thompson B1 Class Locomotives to cover the temporary loss of their MN and WC Class Locomotives while Nine Elms received 6 LNER V2 Class Locomotives along with several members of the Britannia and LMS Black Five Class. Upon the rebuild of the Merchant Navy Class by the end of 1953 the LNER Locomotives were called back home to the Eastern Region. However, Stewart's Lane retained one Britannia Class locomotives until the beginning of the 60s - No.70004 "William Shakespeare".

P1gbIrn.jpg

Thompson B1 No.61287 is working a London Bridge to Ramsgate Express service in place of one of Stewart's Lane's regular West County Pacifics. The B1 was a regular on services throughout Kent and the former SECR Network during their tenure on the Southern Region and were more or less able to keep up with the pace that the Southeastern Expresses kept. Personal opinion was mixed on the Stewart's Lane Engine Crews who preferred the Southern locos to the Eastern ones, but the performance on the B1s was something no one questioned.

um0VkjF.jpg

As 61287 speeds through Sydenham Station it passes a stricken 2-EPB EMU Unit that has stalled just outside the platform. The EMU was working a Crystal Palace Low St. - London Bridge Service when it's pickup shoes malfunctioned, and the unit lost power. In order to complete the service, Bricklayer's Arms dispatched on of their Ex-LBSCR E6 Tanks to rescue the unit and complete the service all the way to London Bridge. From the looks of it, the driver and fireman have already fixed the SR Disc Code for a stopping service to the loco's bunker and are simply waiting for 61287 to pass with it's express before continuing on.
jfdiPvU.jpg

Back