UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Hello from France , always a pleasure to see your screenshots Rumour... Keep on your excellent sens of shots !!!

Very friendly, Marc

Took me a while to release that the Blue 101 also does green.

R3

Yes it does! I can say that as much effort went into the green liveries (and interiors) as the blue ones. It's easy to forget how widespread these 101s were in the 50s and 60s, but they were the 'best last hope' for a lot of branch lines in that period.

While I'm on, I do recall rumour that you were considering an upgrade/rebuild of your Cravens class 105. Jut wondering if you feel inspired by dundun's new class 101 to return to that project at all? It would be great to have these units side by side!

Paul

Also, while I'm on - I was on the White Rose railtour from London KX to York the other week and this inspired me to recreate the consist led by 35018 British India Line. Not strictly 'pre-BR blue', but I never thought I'd get any use out of those (niche) Mk1 coaches in West Coast Railways maroon livery!

53066860796_90c7e2e19e_h.jpg

53066860761_be4c6d3dc0_h.jpg

Paul

Thanks all for the kind comments on my screenshots.
While I'm on, I do recall rumour that you were considering an upgrade/rebuild of your Cravens class 105. Jut wondering if you feel inspired by dundun's new class 101 to return to that project at all? It would be great to have these units side by side!

Paul
Hi Paul

Yes, I've been quietly reworking the 105 and the meshes are just about there- although dundun92 has set the bar pretty high for new DMU models and mine is unlikely to have as many toys/features. At the moment, it's in a queue behind a couple of other projects so no promises on timeline.

R3

Thanks all for the kind comments on my screenshots.

Hi Paul

Yes, I've been quietly reworking the 105 and the meshes are just about there- although dundun92 has set the bar pretty high for new DMU models and mine is unlikely to have as many toys/features. At the moment, it's in a queue behind a couple of other projects so no promises on timeline.

R3

That's good to hear! The bar has been set high with the 101, but as Rob demonstrated with the class 108 (also in my screenshot above) there's quite a bit of room for different implementations. I recall though from some of the screenshots you published before, that the new 105 looked very promising indeed.

Paul

Also, while I'm on - I was on the White Rose railtour from London KX to York the other week and this inspired me to recreate the consist led by 35018 British India Line. Not strictly 'pre-BR blue', but I never thought I'd get any use out of those (niche) Mk1 coaches in West Coast Railways maroon livery!

Paul

A nice pair of rail tour screenshots Paul.

It's been a while since I had a proper look at what needed doing on my Penzance to Camborne project. I usually run the GWR session, but this evening it was the turn of the 1950s BR session.

Paulz Trainz 'Iford Manor' might be considered an old legacy model these days, but it runs fine in TRS22 and it's still a favourite of mine.

At Ponsandane sidings,
GACOk9C.jpg

qF3qiF7.jpg

Passing the crossing at Longrock. No snaps of Marazion because it's still a mess, same goes for St. Erth and Hayle.
ZP7jF8r.jpg

Climbing the gradient past Hayle.
MTpSy7f.jpg

Approaching Gwinear Road.
QiaFKcM.jpg

And arrival at the goods yard at Camborne. Both Gwinear Road and Camborne station and goods yard were rebuilt using 1908 OS 25inch to the mile maps and old photos with the usual Trainz adapting what's available rather than what you'd like to have.
j0n8woB.jpg

#6411 a lovely set of shots there Annie, Paul's Manor looks great in 22 indeed, and very smart in BR mixed traffic black.

I've always liked how huge a Manor's cylinders look compared their modest boiler.

Last edited:
#6411 a lovely set of shots there Annie, Paul's Manor looks great in 22 indeed, and very smart in BR mixed traffic black.

I've always liked how huge a Manor's cylinders look compared their modest boiler.

Thanks, - I've got No.7823 'Hook Norton Manor' in green as well George. Checking on brdatabase and Shed Bash Uk I discovered that both 'Iford Manor' and 'Hook Norton Manor' were at Penzance for a time so those were the ones that I requested from Paul. I'm not 100% certain if 'Iford Manor' ever carried BR mixed traffic livery, but I do agree that it does look very smart.
With a Manor being essentially a Grange with a more lightweight boiler I suppose their cylinders do tend to look a bit on the large side. They certainly are a useful pair of engines to have on my layout.

I have two Granges, - 'Bodicote Grange' and 'Betton Grange' at Longrock Shed as well as three of Paul's older County class models so I'm fairly well supplied with 4-6-0s.

Admiring the marvellous BR Class 101:

<picture snipped>

Rob.

The new BR class 101's are certainly impressive Rob. I know it's unusual for me to say something like that since I'm not exactly fond of diesels, but there's not denying the quality of the work that has gone into them.

Good morning everyone, I hope you're all having a nice weekend.

The late Burton to Leicester afternoon service accelerates out of Moira trying to make up time and a couple walking their dog stop to take in the sights and sounds. Viewed from the now closed Briton Earthenware Works.

HkANDUF.jpeg

Sadly in a few years the line won't see scheduled passenger services as Beeching's axe takes a swipe. Fortunately the line remains and is occasionally used for aggregate trains even today.

Good morning everyone, I hope you're all having a nice weekend.

The late Burton to Leicester afternoon service accelerates out of Moira trying to make up time and a couple walking their dog stop to take in the sights and sounds. Viewed from the now closed Briton Earthenware Works.

<picture snipped>

Sadly in a few years the line won't see scheduled passenger services as Beeching's axe takes a swipe. Fortunately the line remains and is occasionally used for aggregate trains even today.

Good to see your layout project again George. A very nicely posed screenshot too.

After a little fettling 'Hook Horton Manor' got to try their luck on a passenger service from Penzance. Samuelc33's Manor whistle and engine sounds made for a nice improvement and I'll be trying out 2995valiant's latest Manor engine spec for TRS19+ next.

Here seen running past Longrock MPD.

JVrgj9F.jpg

And passing through Gwinear Road station. I've cancelled my Plus+ subscription so this was my last chance to give the subscription only Mk1 Blood and Custard rake of coaches a run.

MaqJXGK.jpg

'Iford Manor' again, but this time with 2995valiant's Manor engine spec installed. And what a difference it makes! Combined with Samuelc33's Manor sound files it really livened this older model up and made it a real joy to drive.

5SEnlWT.jpg

#6417 & #6418 Lovely Manor's on your route. The green looks perfect with the blood and custard mk1s. All you need now is your better smoke effects for the chimney and she'll look splendid.

Standard 4 Mogul with a rake of wagons collected from 4 stations along the branch. Making light work of it on the gentle grades and mostly empty wagons.

7MXATcx.png

QUOTE=georgem2010;1976247]#6417 & #6418 Lovely Manor's on your route. The green looks perfect with the blood and custard mk1s. All you need now is your better smoke effects for the chimney and she'll look splendid.

Standard 4 Mogul with a rake of wagons collected from 4 stations along the branch. Making light work of it on the gentle grades and mostly empty wagons.

[/QUOTE]

Another very nice looking screenshot there George.

I've got chimney smoke and steam animations for the Manors on the works list. I did much the same kind of thing with the three County class 4-6-0's I got from Paul a while ago. It really does make a difference to their appearance when they are running.

It certainly makes a great deal of difference, and I also have a huge works list which gets longer faster than the jobs get done.

Cheers,
George

It certainly makes a great deal of difference, and I also have a huge works list which gets longer faster than the jobs get done.

Cheers,
George

Same. It doesn't help any to get things done when I get distracted by a new engine, - especially when it's a make of engine I've been waiting for ever since I first took up with Trainz.

Manning-Wardle 'K' 'Sharpthorn' (as preserved on the Bluebell Railway) by Connor. Seen here under test on my Tenpenny branch layout in TRS22.

WbGalr5.jpg

xi39PGq.jpg

Back