UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Wow, that route is absolutely beautiful! Good job with getting so much work into it, hopefully it can be finished soon. But honestly it looks amazing already, incredible job! Wishing you the best of luck with completing it

Straying away from my usual era. BR Standard Class 4MT 2-6-0.

3ZUoNmi.jpeg

SAkR2fb.jpeg

MQgEg5l.jpeg

Regards,

George

Some very nice screenshots, George! That's a good Standard 4 model, is that one from Paulz Trainz?

I have been messing around with older versions a bit (see the expansion of my timeline), but I did decide to open up TRS22 again and mess around in my updates to the SnC (I promise I'll try to make more progress on more projects, including any I said I would do before). I messed around with the skybox and the timing a bit, and I think it really does add a lot to it. Gave one of edh6's Gresley A3s a rake of MK1s and set it out of Skipton...enjoy!
1oX3hvp.jpg

mGfYLBG.jpg

hVVqQrh.jpg

zztb3mL.jpg

HTW6raZ.jpg

Seems like the pictures may be a bit lower res...hmm, not sure why that is. You can still see the picture though, and that's what matters. Enjoy!

A2 Pacidic 60534 Irish Elegance with Maunsell stock as would be used on North East to Bournemouth service . Enigne change at Sheffield to A3 or V2 for leg along former Great Central with an N15 on final leg.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
#6366.
Seems like the pictures may be a bit lower res...hmm, not sure why that is. You can still see the picture though, and that's what matters. Enjoy!

Despite the improvements the environmental lighting isn't always the easiest to set up in TRS22.

A2 Pacific 60534 Irish Elegance with Maunsell stock as would be used on North East to Bournemouth service . Enigne change at Sheffield to A3 or V2 for leg along former Great Central with an N15 on final leg.

A nice screenshot and some interesting information to go with it.

Dean 0-4-4T No.35 with the afternoon passenger service at Gwinear Road after having arrived from the Helston branch. No.35 (and sister engine No.34) are by Steve Flanders and will soon be available on his website.

ma0LeTG.jpg

Re: post #6368 by KotangaGirl.

Nice shot and interesting loco's by Steve Flanders.

I'm drawn to the broken shadow lines, presumably from the telephone wires, as seen in your shot: I've never noticed that effect before, is this a shot from TRS2022? I've recently purchased TRS2022 and not really had a good go of it yet.

Cheers,

Rob.

Re: post #6368 by KotangaGirl.

Nice shot and interesting loco's by Steve Flanders.

I'm drawn to the broken shadow lines, presumably from the telephone wires, as seen in your shot: I've never noticed that effect before, is this a shot from TRS2022? I've recently purchased TRS2022 and not really had a good go of it yet.

Cheers,

Rob.

Yes the spotty shadow lines are from the telephones lines Rob and the screenshot was done in TRS22. I've only just noticed them myself and I'm not sure why that is happening. I've got shadows set to 'High', but the shadow texture is set to the lower resolution one. I don't know why I would have done that, - perhaps I should change it and see if it's any better.

I have just downloaded the LMS and LNER wagons from Steve Flanders website and I am missing dependency <kuid:169585:81058>.
Can anybody tell me what this is please.

Peter

Edit - Found it.

Last edited:
Hello Peter,
<kuid:169585:81058> is "SF GWR 15ft pipes for open wagon".
A commodity, it should be on his website.

Cheers , evilcrow

Hello Peter,
<kuid:169585:81058> is "SF GWR 15ft pipes for open wagon".
A commodity, it should be on his website.

Cheers , evilcrow

Thanks but just found it when I realised it was a commodity when I looked in the config of one of the wagons. I then compared the website with what I had downloaded and found it.
But thanks for taking the time to look it up for me.

Peter

#6366 Thanks SRKing783! It is one of Paul's yes, I've played with the textures a bit more post this screenshot to get the lining, lettering and wheel textures a bit more to my liking, also have a BR2A tender to go with her now so I'm very happy. I'm using the Ivatt class 4 engine spec I made a few years ago and it runs very nicely, a very versatile engine, as one would expect from a standard 4MT. Lovely screenshots by the way, oh how TS2012 looks aged next to those fine shots.

#6368 Now that's a lovely screenshot and a very fine engine, all locos were a work of art but the GWR certainly made a real effort at Swindon to make their locos very pleasing to look at. I actually mistook those shadows for rivets!

Last edited:
In a parallel universe...

Ex-LMS 2P 40368 pilots ex-SR 34065 Hurricane on a diverted up 'Pines Express' in Summer 1958. Instead of the usual starting station of Bournemouth West, this particular service originated at Swanage and is seen here climbing the branch to join the mainline at Worgret Junction. The 2P wouldn't normally be attached until the train reached Evercreech Junction but with 12 on, more than the limit for the Bulleid, and to save a further path for the 2P to work back to Bath light engine, it has been coupled to the head of the train and will work it the entire way with 34065. Shortly after joining the mainline at Worgret, the 'Pines' will pass through Hamworthy Junction and take the left hand chord towards Broadstone, where it will join the S&D proper.

NFWlWcT.jpg

huN0Tnq.jpg

ka6dcNb.jpg

I've been toying with the idea of building the S&D for a while now, to the point where I have amassed a wealth of information on the line. I was considering building Bath Green Park to Bournemouth West, omitting the branch to Highbridge and Burnham-on-Sea but even then this would still come in at 71 miles. I don't think I'd be able to do all the scenery without going senile in the meantime so it might be a pipe dream - I have the DEM for Bath Green Park but I wouldn't have a clue as to how I would go about stitching all the DEMs together to create the full route. Never say never, but for now this is as close as I'm going to get - at least the spirit of the 'Pines' and the S&D lives on!

Cheers,

PLP

#6365, #6374. Gosh, - somehow I missed seeing your Standard 4MT screenshots George. I wonder if they ever worked over Lickey, because if they did I could add one or two to my 1950s BR session.

Thanks for your nice comments. I worked with Steve Flanders doing testing and other odd jobs to get Nos. 34 & 35 nicely fettled and finished properly and we're very pleased with how they've turned out. Both engines were built at Swindon for working in Cornwall on the Helston and St. Ives branches so it made me very happy to bring a pair of Cornish engines home on my Penzance to Camborne & branches layout.

#6375. A lovely set of nostalgic screenshots PLP. The Somerset & Dorset would be amazing to see as a Trainz route, but as you say it would be a huge amount of work to bring it to fruition.

Another couple of snaps taken at Gwinear Road. I may have posted these before and if I have I'm sure you'll forgive me.

hyZ2P8y.jpg

FGvZOyD.jpg

#6376 Oh I'm not sure but I shall have a look.

Absolutely lovely station there at Gwinear Road. And a beautiful 0-6-0.

Here is the 4MT now with the correct BR2A tender, early and late emblem examples, still haven't redone the wheel textures yet.

XbCJm1h.jpeg

0ZcfNdg.jpeg

And here is proof I can actually stick to building route long enough to make it worth while driving :)

6ev0gU1.jpeg

Last edited:
You've done a very nice job of tidying up the textures on Paul's old Standard 4MT there George.

The map of your route that you've been working on is downright impressive.

Thank you Annie! I've slowly been working though re-doing the standard 2, 4 and 5s.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know of any good assets for a MR/LMS engineers train, or has any suggestions on what wagons would be good to have in such a train, cranes, workman coaches etc? I see there's alot of good GWR assets like cranes with match wagons and rail and sleeper wagons, but the GWR isn't my main area of interest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated &#55357;&#56397;

Thank you Annie! I've slowly been working though re-doing the standard 2, 4 and 5s.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know of any good assets for a MR/LMS engineers train, or has any suggestions on what wagons would be good to have in such a train, cranes, workman coaches etc? I see there's alot of good GWR assets like cranes with match wagons and rail and sleeper wagons, but the GWR isn't my main area of interest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated &#55357;&#56397;

Reskinning a Cowans Sheldon generic to LMS colours isn't a big job. If you can find me an illustration that would be nice. From memory the three plank crane cradle is just a product in a three plank so just add it to a three plank LMS wagon. Anything else you're after?

Thanks John

Back