UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Great fun! This is what Trainz is all about - having fun! More here: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/13165...g-grouping-and-br-layouts-workbench/page/361/

The ever so serious Trainzers might not like it but thanks for bringing out the 'toys' in Trainz!

Rob.

Nicely done. When my son was young, we'd watch TTTE with Ringo Starr and George Carlin as the narrators. I might have to see if I can actually find the books!

Thanks Rob, I wasn't entirely sure what the reception might be here, but then on the other hand the pre-grouping forum members on RMWeb were delighted by my TTTE trainset and really entered into the spirit of it all.
And Forester I sat with my children of an afternoon and watched exactly the same TTTE programmes that had Ringo Starr and George Carlin as the narrators. Good times and happy memories.

I have a one board layout (not counting the return loops) based on an early version of Knapford. It's a layout by dankengine420 that I downloaded from a TTTE website and then did some further work on.

ukSUL1y.jpg

hjQOHtu.jpg

38ygUg8.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, that's my childhood right there! I have a bit of an ugly history regarding TTTE and Trainz, but I've definitely cleaned up that part of my forum history. I did have a lot of the models in my database but deleted them because of how big the files were (even though I have like 550 GB left those engines should not be as big as they are), but I might go ahead and redownload them. Thanks for the screenshots!

Ah, that's my childhood right there! I have a bit of an ugly history regarding TTTE and Trainz, but I've definitely cleaned up that part of my forum history. I did have a lot of the models in my database but deleted them because of how big the files were (even though I have like 550 GB left those engines should not be as big as they are), but I might go ahead and redownload them. Thanks for the screenshots!

True enough some of those TTTE models have insanely huge texture files and I've reduced some of them in size before now. Seriously high poly counts is the other thing to watch out for. Overall though by searching about I've managed to find the better RWS era models out of what is available and I'm reasonably happy with the models that I have on my layout.

As a change of tune I've purchased the new Class 42 DLC models in N3V's sale. At $US4.99 they are a bargain I can afford. I know it's strange for me to be buying diesels, but my late 50's WR layout 'Ashington' has a couple of PikkaBird's early Class 42's assigned there so I thought I'd see what the new DLC ones were like.

Venerable old warrior......
Sm5u3W5.jpg

And one of the brand new shiny arrivals.
ybcxOoG.jpg

I guess that makes two of us! I bought the Warships too and took the Green one out for a test... here it is on the Cornish mainline, not sure if it ever ran this route, if this color was ever run with these coaches or if the headcode is right, but this is just for fun. Enjoy!
FFmBTej.jpg

jCYIjQK.jpg

TLyyKCv.jpg

axJq1hK.jpg

I guess that makes two of us! I bought the Warships too and took the Green one out for a test... here it is on the Cornish mainline, not sure if it ever ran this route, if this color was ever run with these coaches or if the headcode is right, but this is just for fun. Enjoy!

The Class 42's worked the Paddington-Penzance service so you're completely safe with your green Class 42. In the mid-1960s Swindon chose a maroon livery over the official BR blue livery in defiance of BR management, but some did end up in blue eventually. I shouldn't have a maroon Class 42 at Ashington, but I wanted to see what one in that livery looked like.
I wouldn't have a clue what the diesel era headcodes were and the new ones at Ashington are all showing 00 00 for a head code until I can find out some more information on the subject.

Annie

Had a look on the internet if thats the Cornish Riveria Express East Bound 1A87 westbound 1C77 ... Also brought them well on special

Had a look on the internet if that's the Cornish Riviera Express East Bound 1A87 westbound 1C77 ... Also brought them well on special

Well that's Andrew sorted out with his head codes. At the discounted price it would have been silly to turn the new Class 42's down. I wonder how many other Uk enthusiasts did the same.

Still messing about with my TTTE toys. From reading the Railway Series stories to my children when they were small I'd always been a bit curious about BoCo the Metrovick diesel and when I found the reasonably nice model made by Wildnorwester I had to give it a try. I set BoCo to work doing the power station coal run on 'Tristyn in Winter' and I have to say that it ran very nicely. Definitely noisy and smoky just like the prototype though.

jsdEThB.jpg

R7NF3Hp.jpg

3bdB8CT.jpg

OFYTNys.jpg

Evening goods train bound for Gateshead

North East England during the steam era.

R6BPSk0.jpg

As the evening draws in, an elderly LNER J22 0-6-0 approaches the junction with the Leamside line at Belmont, bringing the last goods train of the day off the Durham Gilesgate branch.
Bound for Gateshead Park Lane, the vans and wagons will be sorted during the evening for any onward legs.

True enough some of those TTTE models have insanely huge texture files and I've reduced some of them in size before now. Seriously high poly counts is the other thing to watch out for. Overall though by searching about I've managed to find the better RWS era models out of what is available and I'm reasonably happy with the models that I have on my layout.

As a change of tune I've purchased the new Class 42 DLC models in N3V's sale. At $US4.99 they are a bargain I can afford. I know it's strange for me to be buying diesels, but my late 50's WR layout 'Ashington' has a couple of PikkaBird's early Class 42's assigned there so I thought I'd see what the new DLC ones were like.

Venerable old warrior......

And one of the brand new shiny arrivals.
Nice to see these Annie and that they're finally appearing in some UK screenshots. Sadly there are some problems with them, not least that the nameplates don't appear in the blue versions and (I think) should be the red ones as in the pikkabird version and not black. I wish N3V would get them fixed!

Paul

Nice to see these Annie and that they're finally appearing in some UK screenshots. Sadly there are some problems with them, not least that the nameplates don't appear in the blue versions and (I think) should be the red ones as in the pikkabird version and not black. I wish N3V would get them fixed!

Paul

Yes it's disappointing Paul that these Class 42's have problems and issues considering the money that N3V was originally asking for them. $US4.99 is a bit more like it.
The nameplates seem to be in a separate library that's not marked as being payware so it might be possible to sort out the incorrect background colour, but that doesn't help the blue ones or the green ones with their nameplates off centre on one side. The engine spec is still the old Pikkabird one and it can't be changed to the new one developed by Stovepipe.

Annie

Class 42 'Diadem' visiting Ashington.

CNhS6kC.jpg

hZntNN0.jpg

CquQLEL.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it's disappointing Paul that these Class 42's have problems and issues considering the money that N3V was originally asking for them. $US4.99 is a bit more like it.
The nameplates seem to be in a separate library that's not marked as being payware so it might be possible to sort out the incorrect background colour, but that doesn't help the blue ones or the green ones with their nameplates off centre on one side. The engine spec is still the old Pikkabird one and it can't be changed to the new one developed by Stovepipe.

Annie

It's maddening isn't it? These are small changes that could be done in 5 mins with access to the config (note that the nameplates are actually in the folder for the blue one.) I've posted a screenshot to illustrate (not posted here as it involves a lot of BR blue!) - https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?315-UK-Screenshots-(Hi-Res-Version)&p=1973460#post1973460

Paul

I haven't displaced old faithful D808 'Centaur' from the Bristol-Bath passenger service yet. D808 is running Stovepipe's new updated Class 42 engine spec and what a difference it makes. The new DLC Class 42's run like a bag of old spanners by comparison.

AEvK8Ns.jpg

YtZgMjh.jpg

862yIzi.jpg

ShxVeUK.jpg

Honestly, those older Warships don't look that bad in TRS22! I have them in my database too, and while I'm more of an LMS/LNER guy it's still always a safe bet just to have them, just in case...

Speaking of the LMS, I decided to try my hand at upgrading the SnC to more modern standards...by just using Bulk Asset Update. Maybe it's not the cleanest, but honestly the route does look to breathe a bit more life and pop out a bit. I think I did this before, but might as well again just to show the differences, Fowler 4F with a cattle train departing Hawes. Lemme know if you have any feedback to it, I'm still very new to any sort of content creation. Enjoy!
ETDD3Cu.jpg

BMoJ7ep.jpg

bqyJYAd.jpg

4rIePxq.jpg

Honestly, those older Warships don't look that bad in TRS22! I have them in my database too, and while I'm more of an LMS/LNER guy it's still always a safe bet just to have them, just in case...

Speaking of the LMS, I decided to try my hand at upgrading the SnC to more modern standards...by just using Bulk Asset Update. Maybe it's not the cleanest, but honestly the route does look to breathe a bit more life and pop out a bit. I think I did this before, but might as well again just to show the differences, Fowler 4F with a cattle train departing Hawes. Lemme know if you have any feedback to it, I'm still very new to any sort of content creation. Enjoy!

<pictures snipped>

The few changes that you've made Andrew have made a big difference to the appearance of the landscape and the tired old painted paper look has gone.

I know the old Pikkabird Warships are fairly basic with simplified details, but they do look like what they are supposed to and with updated sound files and engine specs they do the job nicely.

The SnC still captures the openness and scale of that part of the world, partly due to its simplicity, and it's good to see that you are breathing new life into it Andrew. To my mind what would lift it most would be some vertical grasses close to the track - grass splines or tufts of grass within the track enclosure and alongside nearby (only) walls. Having said that there's a heck of a lot of track in the SnC so it would be quite an undertaking. That's probably why no-one's done it.

Some images from the Dearnbyshire WIP:
9F approaching Ynyston with an up goods:
uZh4t88.jpg
[/IMG]
Passing Ynyston Racecourse:

BRdHcjt.jpg
[/IMG]
And the Stirling Single pays a visit to the Phoenix preserved line from the NRM:

xPrJTR3.jpg
[/IMG]

The SnC still captures the openness and scale of that part of the world, partly due to its simplicity, and it's good to see that you are breathing new life into it Andrew. To my mind what would lift it most would be some vertical grasses close to the track - grass splines or tufts of grass within the track enclosure and alongside nearby (only) walls. Having said that there's a heck of a lot of track in the SnC so it would be quite an undertaking. That's probably why no-one's done it.

Some images from the Dearnbyshire WIP:
9F approaching Ynyston with an up goods:

<Pictures snipped>

Passing Ynyston Racecourse:

And the Stirling Single pays a visit to the Phoenix preserved line from the NRM:

I have to agree about the the S&C route, - even after all this time it's still impressive and a definite favourite of mine. Giving it a sympathetic overhaul though, - that would take a lot of effort and dedication to make a proper job of it.

Love your WIP Dearnbyshire screenshots. An absolutely great example of route creation and world building.

Back