UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re post #6281 IsambardKingdomBrunel

Hello Mike, thanks for the compliment.
I'm basically using the same settings as Annie.
IMHO TANE for me was a better medium to work in 'screenshot' wise.
Below is and old TANE shot of mine, we do not seem to advanced much !!!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Hiya Annie, you came to my rescue again ;) Thanks very much for posting the settings you use, as always very much appreciated.

Very welcome Ken and your last pic above, looks very realistic :cool:

Thank you both for replying.

Regards,
Mike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHnvotzQ2Ds N3V environment settings. I suspect its TS19 though.

Cheerio John

TRS22 isn't quite as harsh as TS19, but it still has its moments. I make sure the skybox isn't too bright and if necessary I tap the blue dial back a little to mute out any harshness, but don't go too far or everything will get a green tinge. In open landscapes a tiny touch of fog doesn't hurt either.

re post #6281 IsambardKingdomBrunel

Hello Mike, thanks for the compliment.
I'm basically using the same settings as Annie.
IMHO TANE for me was a better medium to work in 'screenshot' wise.
Below is and old TANE shot of mine, we do not seem to advanced much !!!

<picture snipped>

Cheers, Ken

Nice to see one of your older screenshots Ken with engines in the snow being a real bonus.

The lighting in TANE was a lot easier to manage compared with TS19 and TRS22.

Looks like it might rain.

mSaMWTJ.jpg

The PWD gang is on the job at Bleakhorse Road in the TANE version of my Norfolk layout. TRS22 might be all very magic and wonderful and I like it well enough, but I still find myself going back to TANE fairly often.

KjV85lN.jpg

zWKYX9P.jpg

The Ivatt & Riddles Class 2MT only had a very short life due to the introduction of DMU units & the closure of the branch lines they were intended for. Here we see BR 78012 on my fiction branch line. Several have been preserved which is good. The tender had good vision for reverse running.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
The Ivatt & Riddles Class 2MT only had a very short life due to the introduction of DMU units & the closure of the branch lines they were intended for. Here we see BR 78012 on my fiction branch line. Several have been preserved which is good. The tender had good vision for reverse running.

Nice, I have a big soft spot for the Ivatt and Riddles Class 2MT's as well. I use mine on the Ashington branch on my Western Region 'Ashington' layout.

One of Rob Dee's lovely MS&LR 9F's pauses at Mirely St Marys on my Norfolk layout to demonstrate the essential difference between shadows in TANE and shadows in TS2019/TRS19/TRS22

7MJA6CM.jpg

#6293 tailight98, absolutely love the Ivatt and the Riddles successor. I was lucky enough to drive 78018 at the GCR a month or so ago. Lovely engine.

Unforeseen circumstances see an ex-Midland 3F 0-6-0 take the mid-morning, all stopping service with parcels and milk.

Usually powered by a Fowler 3P 2-6-2T, unfortunately she had a faulty safety valve this morning at the shed.

A real treat to see this trusty goods loco thunder across the local level crossing.

Xhr2AuW.png

uwSRp1A.png

Great pictures everyone. Have a lovely weekend :)

Post #6296.
Unforeseen circumstances see an ex-Midland 3F 0-6-0 take the mid-morning, all stopping service with parcels and milk.

Usually powered by a Fowler 3P 2-6-2T, unfortunately she had a faulty safety valve this morning at the shed.

A real treat to see this trusty goods loco thunder across the local level crossing.

I never could quite understand why Paul of Paulz Trainz was the only content creator to ever make a Fowler 3F tender engine. There's no end of 4F's around, - and yes they were the LMS group standard 0-6-0, but all the 3F's didn't just disappear overnight.

Post #6297.
Steve Flanders GWR Steam Railmotor #38 and Trailer #49 departing Falmouth Harbour

When I was helping Steve with some of the development work on his GWR Steam Railmotor I was surprised to discover that these railmotors worked all over Cornwall. I would have thought the steep gradients on some of the Cornish lines would have been a barrier to them, but apparently not.

Post #6296.

I never could quite understand why Paul of Paulz Trainz was the only content creator to ever make a Fowler 3F tender engine. There's no end of 4F's around, - and yes they were the LMS group standard 0-6-0, but all the 3F's didn't just disappear overnight.

Couldn't agree more, and the LMS 3F tender class as a whole saw far more variation, wheel diameter, cylinders, boilers, chimneys and domes. Even some of the cabs were totally different. A very interesting class indeed, we are a still waiting for that 2F tender engine aren't we! Need to save up and drop Paul an email.

“Motive power crisis? Well, I would not go that far. While yes, we have had to reschedule a few trains here and there and cancel others, we have people working on a solution.
Pardon, what did you say? Number One? No, sorry, I cannot update you on its whereabouts at present, I am sure it will turn up at some point.”

8Lo1JNq.jpg

Back