UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re post #6102 neville_hill
Hello neville, IMEditor and the good old env-metal.tex set at about 5% on the reflect setting.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Oh that's definitely a possibility Neville. Barney and I have been talking about doing some more BR Standards with those kinds of textures as well as GWR and SR Designs. The D3/12 Shunter I showcased a little while ago will probably have them too. Barney is extremely thorough after all.

Just keep an eye out. Anything that ends up getting made will make an appearance on this board! ;)

Thank you gentlemen for your kind comments.
BTW Matt your PRR route is always a joy to behold, fine clag from the locos also.

Cheers, Ken

Excellent screenshots Ken. That route of yours is a real classic.

Interesting shadow effects under the canopy roof at Moxbury. I'm making slow and steady progress with getting my Norfolk layout working properly in TRS22.

cdYRzW9.jpg

Train spotting from the footbridge at Brenton Wood. 'Zanzibar' could really do with a bit of a polish up, - I'll have a word to the cleaners at Moxbury shed.

hUTEqZs.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Annie, yes the new shadows are very interesting since TRS19

Tom

Thanks Tom. For a while there while I was setting things up I had shadows turned off so it was a pleasant surprise when I turned them on and discovered just how nice they were.

I don't think we have an active Trainz Model Railway screenshot thread running anymore so I hope no one will object to me showing a WIP snap of pre-WW1 'Minories'.

3gV7aZj.jpg

6HuW538.jpg

Very nice shot under the roof Annie.
Is "Zanzibar" needing a clean with "env_metal TGA. texture" polish ??

A shot from my private "TANE" route now being up-date to TRAINZ+, plus locos and rolling stock.

WIP

Cheers, Ken

Very nice shot under the roof Annie.
Is "Zanzibar" needing a clean with "env_metal TGA. texture" polish ??

A shot from my private "TANE" route now being up-date to TRAINZ+, plus locos and rolling stock.

WIP
<picture snipped>

Cheers, Ken

That's a great snapshot from the bridge Ken. I love the way the trackwork flows and the sense of uncluttered space.

Yes that's what 'Zanzibar' is needing. 'Jubilee' has already had the treatment and is looking a lot better for it. 'Sebastopol' will next and that will be all my elderly Beyer-Peacock singles nicely tidied up.

mdW9Ttt.jpg

Ken what a superb shot. It has a Nottingham Victoria or GCR somewhere feel about it (which I know it isn't) with the blue brick walls and the surroundings.

Re post #6113 KotangaGirl
Thanks Annie, I see the shed staff got a "Sunday" at Sunday rate of pay for shinning up "Jubilee".
re post #6114 steviez
Thanks for the compliment, it's a fictional route and hopefully has a GCR/MET flavour to it.

Cheers, Ken

Good Day all,

Wonderful looking Steam Engines, and I like the Color Saturation, spot on. :p

One of these Days, I need to fly back over to the UK and see if I can find some of these beauties. :udrool:

Fascinating when you look at the artistic way they were made, how things come together. More amazing is how many are still around and running a Century later.

When I was young, some 60 years ago, I got to see one of our local Steamers, and saw some men walking around with long nosed tipped Oilers, at first I thought there was something wrong with our little engine, but some kind Rail Operators told me how much work it took to keep these special Locos in running shape. Oiling them up is one of the most important things as maintenance besides keeping the ole Firebox in good shape, heaven forbid the Steamer breaks a gasket or blows up on the Trip.

What route is this and where can I get it? Also What is the best place to find pay ware UK steam locomotives for TRZ 2019?

Yes I really like that GCR-MET joint lines vibe you've got going there Ken.

Three snaps taken while trip shunting the tramway exchange sidings between Elgar Wood and Elgar Junction on my Norfolk layout (TRS22).

XvjZN7b.jpg

Yto7tzw.jpg

vDqcbvY.jpg

Last edited:
What route is this and where can I get it? Also What is the best place to find pay ware UK steam locomotives for TRZ 2019?

Take a look at the DLS, it doesn't need to be TS19 version to run.

Payware is not a guarantee of quality. I'd start on the DLS, currently edh6 has some excellent locos, camscott at https://darlington-works.weebly.com/ is worth looking at. The locos I use most often are from skipper1945. Steve Flanders https://jatws.org/ing4trainz/ I think some of his work is on the DLS and https://gplocomotives.com is also worth looking at.

Cheerio John

re post # KotangaGirl
Thank you Annie, your Norfolk layout has an Irish touch methinks. A nice little loco.

WIP

Cheers, Ken

Back