UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

It's a single baseboard route containing a single station (so far). It's a fictional station, meant to be somewhere on the Southern half of the circle, with inspiration from Mansion House, South Ken and Gloucester Road. I will eventually try and sort out the modern passengers, but haven't had time yet.

It's a single baseboard route containing a single station (so far). It's a fictional station, meant to be somewhere on the Southern half of the circle, with inspiration from Mansion House, South Ken and Gloucester Road. I will eventually try and sort out the modern passengers, but haven't had time yet.

Will this be the year that the Uk Trainz community shifts its focus to London's pre-WW1 era railways. It certainly looks like it's heading that way.

Very nice. I really must re-visit those GER carriages and update them, give them a decent interior and LOD at least!

Will this be the year that the Uk Trainz community shifts its focus to London's pre-WW1 era railways. It certainly looks like it's heading that way.

According to the Chinese calendar this is the year of the Rabbit... white rabbits?

Rob.

20230403092345-1.jpg

20230403092416-1.jpg

20230403101158-1.jpg

20230403130505-1.jpg

20230403130738-1.jpg

20230403104431-1.jpg

20230403125540-1.jpg

These are excellent Ed! I'm not too familiar with the circular working of the Metropolitan, but the station looks extremely similar to Crystal Palace High Street Station - right down to the wooden platforms! I really hope to see more of it in the future!

sv6Hvnw.jpg
[/IMG]

L937MAV.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll up the "ante" with a "N5", "LTE A" and the "J11".

Excellent "Three of a Kind" Ken! :hehe: I'm raising you a "Full House" of engines from Norwood Junction!

RBopI76.jpg
[/IMG]

Also some shots from the station itself! 4MT No. 80066 with a 3 Car Service for Victoria. Q Class No. 30533 passes in the background with a tanker train for Bricklayers Arms.

G2YE7ra.jpg
[/IMG]

0Nbxe1q.jpg
[/IMG]

WOW! - what amazing old photos Tanker.

Your screenshots are pretty darn good too.

Crystal Palace high level station in happier times.

5pvBpCe.png

, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

OE6CZwc.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! - what amazing old photos Tanker.

Your screenshots are pretty darn good too.

Crystal Palace high level station in happier times.

5pvBpCe.png

, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

OE6CZwc.jpg

Thank you so much Annie!! :D

You have no idea how much you just helped me. After finishing the run between Norwood Junction and London Bridge, my next target was Crystal Palace Low Street and High Street! I wanted to fill in that network before chasing after the line to London Victoria and Waterloo!

In the 1950s, Crystal Palace High Street was definitely in it's death throes. With the burning of the Crystal Palace in the 1930s and the extreme decline in traffic following the event, High Street had all but lost its purpose and was in an extreme state of decay. It was closed in 1954 but wasn't demolished until 1961, which means that it's definitely going to have to go on the route. I was going to commission the whole building from Paul but these assets give it a sense of dilapidation that was indicative of it's final years. I just have to implement some of Nexusdj's rusted 3rd Rail Track along with some weed splines and it should be good.

Funny story about High Street, back in the 1930s there was an urban legend about a train that got buried during the construction of Crystal Palace and was sealed up in the walls. The rumors were that it was still there, collecting dust..

Obviously when they tore it down in 61 they didn't find anything but urban legends like that just add to the station's charms for me! Very mysterious indeed! :hehe:

Thank you so much Annie!! :D

You have no idea how much you just helped me. After finishing the run between Norwood Junction and London Bridge, my next target was Crystal Palace Low Street and High Street! I wanted to fill in that network before chasing after the line to London Victoria and Waterloo!

In the 1950s, Crystal Palace High Street was definitely in it's death throes. With the burning of the Crystal Palace in the 1930s and the extreme decline in traffic following the event, High Street had all but lost its purpose and was in an extreme state of decay. It was closed in 1954 but wasn't demolished until 1961, which means that it's definitely going to have to go on the route. I was going to commission the whole building from Paul but these assets give it a sense of dilapidation that was indicative of it's final years. I just have to implement some of Nexusdj's rusted 3rd Rail Track along with some weed splines and it should be good.

Funny story about High Street, back in the 1930s there was an urban legend about a train that got buried during the construction of Crystal Palace and was sealed up in the walls. The rumors were that it was still there, collecting dust..

Obviously when they tore it down in 61 they didn't find anything but urban legends like that just add to the station's charms for me! Very mysterious indeed! :hehe:

These certainly were plenty of urban legends around the Crystal Palace. Steve Flanders has a model of it on his website should anyone want an interesting London project.
For anyone doing a Victorian terminus the Grand Station assets are a wish come true. I might not be doing Crystal Palace as my present project is C.J. Freezer's 'Minories', but all the same these assets are going to be perfect for that. I'm wondering where Ed got his wooden platforms from as good timber planked platform models are somewhat of a rarity in Trainz.

A WIP glimpse for the moment as there's still a lot to do.
jjhSFsf.jpg

Last edited:
Those Grand Station assets are a good find Annie and must have a lot of applications on UK routes. It's a pity the roof isn't translucent, although no doubt some clever person could solve that. Come to think of it, an underground route could be the answer to all the TRS22 environmental lighting issues......

Some random shots from the WIP:
RLci435.jpg
[/IMG]
AolWSzQ.jpg
[/IMG]
3oJAma2.jpg
[/IMG]
JLTMUhd.jpg
[/IMG]

Those Grand Station assets are a good find Annie and must have a lot of applications on UK routes. It's a pity the roof isn't translucent, although no doubt some clever person could solve that. Come to think of it, an underground route could be the answer to all the TRS22 environmental lighting issues......

<pictures snipped>

TRS22's lighting will drive you nuts if you let it get away with it. Good looking screenshots despite TRS22, - your WIP is turning out very nicely.

Still WIP with more to do, but this is what I'm doing with the Grand Station assets. The AJS 14.5 roof worked best for what I wanted and of course it's transparent which works out best for a TMR format model railway layout.

bGY3VWZ.jpg

WMON7uB.jpg

Last edited:

AolWSzQ.jpg
[/IMG]
3oJAma2.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay seriously, these are some extremely heavy weathering designs I've seen you do Neville! Bravo! You'll have to teach us the secret one of these days! :hehe:

TRS22's lighting will drive you nuts if you let it get away with it. Good looking screenshots despite TRS22, - your WIP is turning out very nicely.

I have the same problem with TRS19 Annie. Nothing looks good on the South London portion unless I set the settings to morning dawn. It's extremely frustrating.

I assume that someone's posted a workaround for this in the past but I will have to do some searching after I am done. I definitely can't release it like this.

JVvh5Oz.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay seriously, these are some extremely heavy weathering designs I've seen you do Neville! Bravo! You'll have to teach us the secret one of these days! :hehe:

I have the same problem with TRS19 Annie. Nothing looks good on the South London portion unless I set the settings to morning dawn. It's extremely frustrating.

I assume that someone's posted a workaround for this in the past but I will have to do some searching after I am done. I definitely can't release it like this.

It helps if you chose a dark or overcast sky Tanker. This is my Norfolk layout in TRS22 at 10.00am. It might not suit some Trainz folk's ideas on environmental lighting, but at least the glare has gone.

AfEUtMQ.jpg

Thanks Annie, Tanker.
As I remember it, that sort of condition was about average for the time!

xBMndDG.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh indeed it was! There are certain SR locos that were in that condition compared to others, but it definitely varies. Passenger locos got a regular upkeep until the order came down in 1962 to stop excessively cleaning steam locomotives. Even clad in grey dirt those Bulleid Pacifics looked majestic striding out of Waterloo or Victoria.

Barney (aka Pilotwoo) found a way to implement both Clean and Weathered Versions in the script of his locos during the development of the BR 4MT Tank. Ever since we worked on the BR 4MT Tank, I've wanted to apply his style of weathered options into other steam locomotives I own. I like have the option of having them sparkling clean and grimy as the mills themselves! The 0-6-0s in later BR were absolutely filthy .

The BR 4MT weathering is beautifully done - very subtle and realistic. It would be great to have it as an option on more locos.
And thanks Ken. The metallic finish on Bronzino is equally appealing.

Back