UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I've gone back and done some touch-ups on my reskin of City of Truro in its later livery - I've changed the bufferbeams, adjusted the cab lining, and fixed the colors of the wheel spokes... kinda. The front bogey is really troublesome, as it becomes faulty whenever I edit the source image, and so the front wheel spokes will have to remain brown for the time being. Hopefully, this can get released on the DLS, but right now it's only saved locally.

<pictures snipped>

I think it looks really nice in TRS22, especially with the sky and overall environment settings. Honestly a bit better than how it looked in TANE! Enjoy.

You've done a nice job of that reskin. Very nice work indeed.

#5661 Always good to see screenshots of Swanage PLP. Camscott has been been making models for t'other simulator for a while now, but I hadn't heard that he'd abandoned Trainz entirely.

Last edited:
I don't know if he's left for good, just that I'd heard that he had moved across to TSW. Whether that means he has completely left Trainz or not I don't know, but there's definitely more of a payware market over there as most of the addons are payware. Another reason I've never been interested in going myself; Trainz has a great community and hundreds of thousands of freeware assets easily downloadable!

Cheers,

PLP

Potteries Loop Line in TANE.

'Claughton' in the rain.
CEwzlt2.jpg

The 0-6-2T is a ex-Knotty class 'L' from Paulz Trainz.

bEJr3zc.jpg

7h9toxw.jpg

Last edited:
You've done a nice job of that reskin. Very nice work indeed.

#5661 Always good to see screenshots of Swanage PLP. Camscott has been been making models for t'other simulator for a while now, but I hadn't heard that he'd abandoned Trainz entirely.

He's not gone entirely at all, but he's mostly moved over there. He definitely not gone for good but he's chosen what is best for him to be honest. It's really up to him to speak on it. I am definitely going to miss commissioning him though.

I'm also having that problem with a lot of different locos since updating TRS19. A lot of Camscott's engines still have them enabled but the T9 is one of the ones having trouble.

He's not gone entirely at all, but he's mostly moved over there. He definitely not gone for good but he's chosen what is best for him to be honest. It's really up to him to speak on it. I am definitely going to miss commissioning him though.

I'm also having that problem with a lot of different locos since updating TRS19. A lot of Camscott's engines still have them enabled but the T9 is one of the ones having trouble.

The 1880s GWR covered van I commissioned shows a strange animation bones fault in TRS22 which I guess can't be fixed. All the more reason for me to stay with TS2019 SP1 when it comes to my legacy models. I like TRS22, but it spelt the end for some of my older locos and rolling stock.
I certainly don't blame Cam for making the choice to shift over to Steamworks and the Dovetail Games simulator. TS2019 and TRS19 being buggy messes until very recently made things difficult for content creators and would have been enough to put anybody off.

It is sad to see that one of the best content creators has moved on, but hopefully Darlington Works doesn't get shut down. Excellent models available, and it serves as an extra form of income for him, with aforementioned excellent models. I wonder what he's created over there with TSW... you think he'd still accept Trainz commissions? I might scrape up enough money for one.

Anyway, very nice screenshots! I especially like seeing the Claughton in the rain - it looks really nice!

It is sad to see that one of the best content creators has moved on, but hopefully Darlington Works doesn't get shut down. Excellent models available, and it serves as an extra form of income for him, with aforementioned excellent models. I wonder what he's created over there with TSW... you think he'd still accept Trainz commissions? I might scrape up enough money for one.

Anyway, very nice screenshots! I especially like seeing the Claughton in the rain - it looks really nice!

I suspect the Blender sources can be made to make models in both with less work than if they were done from scratch.

Cheerio John

You guys are blowing it out of proportion. Nothing is getting shut down and I don't think he's gone forever. I struck up a friendship with Camscott over the years and I know he's just doing something he really enjoys. I think if he wants to start up commissions again he will.

That being said I decided to pull out one of my favorite models Cam made for me. The Adams LSWR G6 0-6-0T. In the 1950s these little guys managed to hang on to their former LSWR stomping grounds due to their reliability, durability and sustainability. 30238 was one of the last G6s allocated to Nine Elms Shed when the mass culling of pre-grouping steam locomotives came in 1962. By the end of that year, only Maunsell, Bulleid and BR Standard designs would survive.

QaK075R.jpg
[/IMG]

That quite a few years off though, and today 30238 is a long way from home for a little tank engine! Due to a motive power shortage, the driver seems to have been assigned to take a short transfer goods down to Purley to be sent down the Caterham Branch. Two PLVs are also attached as they are to be picked up from Purley as part of the Atlantic Coast Express tomorrow evening.

EACJJ74.jpg
[/IMG]

xWMVYnq.jpg
[/IMG]

As it trundles though Purley Oaks, a Standard 5 catches up on the fast line with a mixed freight bound for Three Bridges. The ten-wheeler overtakes the shunter but for a split second it looks like their racing no? :hehe:

DU78EfH.jpg
[/IMG]

Ah well. My money's always on the little guy.

IT663id.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is a new item I made as a commission, a North Eastern Railway Worsdell R1 Class. It is seen here powering a southbound express when just a few years old, in 1911.

I'll be posting much more things in the near future.

Thanks,
Connor

unknown.png

Adventures with the TRS22 Passenger set........

Either this chap's Pullman has left without him or he's a snooker referee looking for a tournament. Either way they're all going to catch a chill

lu1ZgAK.jpg
[/IMG]

I think this passenger's trying to tell the driver something. Maybe she left her coat on the train.

gC4NFho.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice shot's Parker! These new passengers are turning out to be a really impressive addition indeed!

Throwing my hat into the ring with a few new shots from around Brighton before the "Great Rebuild" that will take place sometime this year. Got a bit of a spark bug and had a bit of fun with the 3rd Rail equipment in my collection:

4COR Unit working a Northbound to Charing Cross via the LBSCR Mainline. Just passing Redhill Sheds now..

PztJeEq.jpg
[/IMG]

dfSvJRf.jpg
[/IMG]

Q5HWEVw.jpg
[/IMG]

MLV 419 Class with a trail of 4-LAV Stock departing Brighton for Waterloo via Horsham. In the other direction, Class 70 is heading Northbound from Hove with a mixed goods due to South Horley Goods Yards. First time using the Hove Tunnel in a while to be honest..

1oCGWOo.jpg
[/IMG]

egjsWkc.jpg
[/IMG]

CktMKLp.jpg
[/IMG]

e8XjaGo.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally my favorite. (Been waiting to pull this one into service) A BR Class 71 on a Night Ferry working from Dover to London Victoria. Having made it past the halfway point, the express flies through the Northbound line via Plumpton and Wivelsfield. In the opposite platforms there are two eastbound services ready to depart - the 5BEL Unit operating tonight's Bournemouth Belle Service and a Standard 4MT Tank due to depart with a 3 Car Train to Turnbridge Wells West via the Bluebell Line.

gf8ssDF.jpg
[/IMG]

RGM9CUU.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Great shots, everyone!

Similar screenshots from this week's competitions, only this time with the bar that appears when in fullscreen on my laptop - a Fowler 3F takes an early morning goods train up the Lickey Incline.
btdYzlC.jpg

OKrkPh3.jpg

vq6S2cv.jpg

UAa6uGi.jpg

ZbBjWK9.jpg

I know the last screenshot is similar to the fourth one... but whatever. Enjoy!

I've been busy terraforming for several days so the weeds have grown high on the M&DR tracks. Breaking the lull is 62743 The Cleveland seen heading north at Wetwang with a return excursion from Filey.

The Cleveland at Wetwang 14.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

The tiny village of Wharram Le Street was served by the railway and in this shot The Cleveland can be seen in the distance as a wisp of steam in the trees.

The Cleveland at Wharram 14.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Last edited:
#5676. Strange people on Dearnby. I still can't figure out how N3V came to the conclusion that this passenger set was appropriate for Trainz.

#5677. Sparkers on parade. Certainly an interesting collection of screenshots Tanker. Rebuilding Brighton? - you're fearless about taking on some pretty darn intrepid projects aren't you, - so best of luck.

#5678. Unusual to see screenshots of the original Lickey Bank layout on here. I did an extensive rebuild of the route which works well and I meant to see about asking permission to upload it to the DLS, but I don't think that will be happening now.

#5679. I always enjoy what you've been doing with your M&DR project Lewisner. I like the view over Wharram Le Street.

#5676. Strange people on Dearnby. I still can't figure out how N3V came to the conclusion that this passenger set was appropriate for Trainz.

#5677. Sparkers on parade. Certainly an interesting collection of screenshots Tanker. Rebuilding Brighton? - you're fearless about taking on some pretty darn intrepid projects aren't you, - so best of luck.

#5678. Unusual to see screenshots of the original Lickey Bank layout on here. I did an extensive rebuild of the route which works well and I meant to see about asking permission to upload it to the DLS, but I don't think that will be happening now.

#5679. I always enjoy what you've been doing with your M&DR project Lewisner. I like the view over Wharram Le Street.

Thanks ! One of the Yorkshire Wolds Railway volunteers has a 1960 Volkswagen Beetle and I did this short video driving a Beetle from Wetwang to the station followed by a G5 hauled train ride to Sledmere & Fimber station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSV6buQizrQ

Very nice video & the detail is amazing. I liked the car drive to the station & the changeover. Just excellent & makes my work look rough around the edges.

Back