UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Something else I've been working on tonight; I did these over about 6 hours. The ones we currently have in game are a little long in the tooth now, so I felt an upgrade was in order. They have been an absolute nightmare to do as the roof profile is awkward and I had no diagrams so these have been made using images for reference and a lot of measuring on Google Earth! However, I'm fairly pleased with how they turned out. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the texture, but I'm open to feedback.

im4lhjM.jpg

8GZlduG.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

'North Star' at Longrock MPD. I'm tempted to rename to 4009 'Shooting Star' as 'Shooting Star' was a Cornwall engine.

IEWCenB.jpg

Some shots from my Dales (or wherever) route....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Andy ;)

Oops - just noticed same number on both double-headed 0-6-0s. That shouldn't happen lol. At least the connecting rods are not in sync!!!

Hello from france,

Very nice pictures Andy, great looking suff and landscape !!!

Best wishes , friendly, Marc

Great shots Andy!

A concrete tool hut, to compliment the platelayer's huts. These were often situated alongside the platelayer huts to offer additional space for tools to be kept securely onsite.

4CaJpoW.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Excellent trackside buildings PLP. Regarding feedback on the texture, I think it's very accurate - the only refinement might be to add some dirt and weathering all around just below the eaves (where it doesn't get washed off) and around the base of the walls / door (ground splashes) Don't ask me how you do it!

Thankyou so much for all the encouraging comments. I've been claiming 'almost done' for quite a while, but the route truly is about 'finished' (whatever that means in Trainz!) and we are in the process of ironing out some minor issues with a simple session at which point it truly will be 'done'. Sorry, but it's build 111951 with no warranty expressed or implied beyond that (though I do know it seems to be running as intended in later versions!!)

Andy

Last edited:
New WIP of Harmans Cross signal box. Taken me about 8 hours at this point but I'm pretty pleased with progress. I'm not happy with the Purbeck stone texture but that's a tomorrow problem!

71kCk31.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

There are some fascinating images on here recently. The attention to accuracy on the Swanage is very impressive PLP.
SNqYyTY.jpg
[/IMG]
6lzrIdE.jpg
[/IMG]
uHWtL4k.jpg
[/IMG]
QGM73Sy.jpg
[/IMG]

Great shots everybody, I wish I understood how to build content like that signalbox PortLine ! Here is 62743 "The Cleveland" waiting for the signal for the Malton branch as K3 61854 brings a Bridlington bound excursion train off the Market Weighton line at Driffield West Junction. There are only weeds here now thanks to Dr Beeching :(

Trains at Driffield West 10.5.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Another addition to Norden; custom booking hut:
IUknn5Y.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Excellent new SR huts Parker! I hope you don't mind if I use Norden's ticket hut as the one at Balcombe on the LBSCR Main Line! The two are extremely similar. ;)

I also noticed those NG Hoppers above Norden Station. Are those for coal related purposes or does Swanage have a little NG line I don't know about?

'North Star' at Longrock MPD. I'm tempted to rename to 4009 'Shooting Star' as 'Shooting Star' was a Cornwall engine.

IEWCenB.jpg

I'm pretty Connor would do 4009 for you if you want it Annie. He's really easygoing and I don't think it would take much work to do so.

But I do understand. Connor's Star Class is one heck of a beautiful loco. It's become a permanent addition to the Dearnby GWR Sheds.

Qsr9FlO.jpg
[/IMG]

More from the Ulfsweir Line:

GER C53 Tram No.131 works an ale train from Chibbyr Mills down to Dryman Yards down river. The Tram is specifically used for mill shipment trains due to the high volume of workmen, horses and steam powered lorries in the mill yards. It carries with it a 4 wheeled GER Tramway Coach that is used to bring up millwrights to work from the towns of Lockgate, Croarie and Ulfsweir's East End, but tends to be carried along with it all day due to the lack of available sidings.

p8sbbkM.jpg
[/IMG]

NMpzp2R.jpg
[/IMG]

QWx2OOi.jpg
[/IMG]

g50fx6f.jpg
[/IMG]

Great shots Tanker, Lewisner and NevilleHill!

@Tanker the narrow gauge wagons are part of the Purbeck Mineral and Mining Museum at Norden.

Corfe Castle signal box before and after; there's nothing wrong with JayHolland's but Corfe has a unique 'box so I thought it needed to be properly represented:
YG2WsR9.jpg

NQCgHxa.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Back