UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

So many really nice screenshots posted while I've been away, - and even one from a WIP Maryport route which is lovely to see.
Good to see screenshots from your Malton & Driffield route too lewisner.
A French Atlantic in ROD Khaki Livery? - now there's a sight to see Tanker.
Good to see a pair of screenshots from you as well tailight.

Not doing all that much, but I did manage to modify and fettle one of Paul's elderly GWR 43xx Moguls to run well in TRS22. Here's No.4369 waiting to head off from Ponsandane sidings with a goods train to Gwinear Road.

BkejUmw.jpg

And a short video clip of No.4369 heading towards St. Erth.

Much appreciated Annie! Glad to see you again and excellent screenshots of the 43xx! Paul's GWR Moguls are also very dear to me. Barney mentioned doing a new one at some point so maybe we can incorporate it into the project we have going on.

The ROD French Atlantic was done by fantastic reskinner 8686. He's done some pretty incredible reskins of stuff Ed's made and I was extremely happy to find this!

He also did a reskin of the Gresley P2 in Battleship Grey, haven't found out how to work that into the thread yet but I'm sure as gonna try! :hehe:

Much appreciated Annie! Glad to see you again and excellent screenshots of the 43xx! Paul's GWR Moguls are also very dear to me. Barney mentioned doing a new one at some point so maybe we can incorporate it into the project we have going on.

The ROD French Atlantic was done by fantastic reskinner 8686. He's done some pretty incredible reskins of stuff Ed's made and I was extremely happy to find this!

He also did a reskin of the Gresley P2 in Battleship Grey, haven't found out how to work that into the thread yet but I'm sure as gonna try! :hehe:

Thanks Tanker. The 43xx Moguls worked all over Cornwall and Wales so they are very much the missing essential GWR class in Trainz. Paul's model is now quite old so if Barney could look at creating a new version I think a lot of GWR enthusiasts would be very pleased. I'd be certainly happy to pay money for a new 43xx model.

I tidied Paul's 43xx up as much as I could and fixed the issue with parts of the driving wheels being invisible. It's running well now and will certainly be useful enough on my WIP Penzance to Camborne & Branches layout.

7ZwC3HT.jpg

I've never been one to hide the fact that I'm a Southern man at heart, although with a soft spot for some GWR and a small tolerance for others.

However, GNR is not normally up there as something I would go anywhere near as pre-grouping is seldom my thing, even the likes of the LSWR. So I surprised myself when I downloaded the N2 from the DLS.

I've actually wanted to try this out for a while - odd looking locos with the condensing apparatus but I thought that 1744 could perhaps be visiting Swanage for a period, so here she is:
jHlBXpS.jpg

RKW1UZR.jpg

jWObFKv.jpg

HDdeReg.jpg

5BEhm6A.jpg

alAYtqL.jpg

go7rXMI.jpg

A nice enough model, although a shame about the use of the default whistle and enginesounds. I might swap them for something a little more prototypical at some point but the main point is that fun was had, so that's taught me something.

Cheers,

PLP

Nice shots Tom!

Bizarrely, I started updating the e-spec for the N2 last night as that one dates back to TC3.

1744 visited the WSR about a decade ago - it didn't like the hills much....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The N2 is arguably my favourite loco in Trainz, love the steam effects. The ex-MGN loco on two Southern coaches in the background of an ostensibly LNER shot is a long story best not told, and speaking of e-specs, said MGN 0-6-0s run away with a single loaded wagon on almost any grade at all....

Andy :)

#5428 Always good to see more screenshots of Swanage PLP, - though with an unusual visitor this time around.

#5432 Nice to see some more of your layout project Lewisner.

Last edited:
It is April 16, 1941, and Lord Nelson Class Sir Walter Raleigh #852 is being slowly backed into her berth on No. 16 Road in the Nine Elms Locomotive Running Shed. Sister engine 927 is already in place and being readied for overnight maintenance. It has been an uneventful day, but a storm is coming. Only hours from now, in the early morning hours of April 17, 1941, #852 will become one of the many victims of the "London Blitz," and will be terribly wounded by a direct hit from a bomb that will crash through the roof of the shed and land on her footplate. It will be over a year until her grevious damage is completely repaired and she is able to hear the rails sing beneath her driver wheels again.

But for now, one of the shed crew on break, happens to snap a quick Black & White with his box camera, of the beautiful engine, before the shop foreman yells at him to stop goldbricking.

bGaoEK5K_o.jpg

Thank-you sir. Edh6 put together such a great locomotive that I did some researching on the class, and found this bit of history. The damage was pretty significant.

Thank-you Annie. I had to immortalize Ed's beautiful locomotive version in some way, and seeing the history of Sir Walter Raleigh, that became the one.

Thank-you Annie. I had to immortalize Ed's beautiful locomotive version in some way, and seeing the history of Sir Walter Raleigh, that became the one.

Excellent job at recounting it's history Gary. You certainly did the old boy justice.

Of all the Lord Nelson Class locos I think Sir Walter has to be my favorite. The loco lead such a rich life during it's service in SR and BR and indeed tanked a direct hit from Luttwaffe HE Bombs only to be returned to service after a year of repair.

If there's any member of the Lord Nelson Class that deserved to be preserved it was this one. It's a shame this gallant old gent never made it.

Thank-you Tanker. Sir Walter's track-mate in the shed, #927, also took damage from the bomb that smashed Sir Walter, but the damage wasn't as severe and 927 was fixed up fairly quickly. Apparently they started naming later Lord Nelsons, in the three batches of 900-909, 910-929, and 930-939, for schools, as I believe #927's name was Clifton.

I, too, was surprised that #852 didn't make the cut for preservation. He survived the "Blitz" but not the scrapyard torch.

Ah Yes! The Schools Class were fine locos as well! They really carried the weight of the Kentish Region of the Southern Network along with the other Ex-SECR 4-4-0s. Not a lot of people know it, but they were actually designed to be cut down versions of the Lord Nelsons themselves. Ed mentioned being interested in doing the Class for Trainz one day, and after how stellar these Nelsons look I hope he decides to go through with it one day! ;)

In support of your fantastic storytelling, I hope you don't mind if I share a few pics of my own take on Dearnby during WW2. Currently it's set in the sultry summer of 1943 and the locos of Dearnby are already hard at work shipping war supplies and troop trains in the glow of the early morning sun...

w8XQ4Na.jpg
[/IMG]

APuqBuI.jpg
[/IMG]

Xu0QN7W.jpg
[/IMG]

Two of the SR most majestic ten wheelers - one from the South West and one from the South Coast - get ready to take their respective trains to do their duty to help the Allied Forces bring the war to a swift end. (No.856 Lord St. Vincent and No.2332 Stroudley pictured center.)

ZL5hWkm.jpg
[/IMG]

Back