UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

NER Worsdell/Smith 4CC

Great shots all.
Tanker, the Settle & Carlisle was built and owned by the Midland Railway and competed with the LNWR for Anglo Scottish traffic via Carlisle. North of Carlisle trains were taken forward to Edinburgh by the North British Railway and there was some joint MR-NBR stock for the services. Post-1923 the MR became part of the LMS and the NBR became part of the LNER.

Here, No 730 a NER Worsdell-Smith Class 4CC hauls the up NER Newcastle - Liverpool passenger service south of the Tees, heading towards Eryholme Junction.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Excellent screenshots, everyone!

And now some from me - a morning passenger run from a Robinson B4,Immingham - thanks to Camscott goes for making this excellent-looking model, even in TRS22! (Though, the coaches do seem to have an issue where the doors, when opened, the meh gets pulled... but whatever. Hope these bugs I'm experiencing can get fixed.)

SBoJzbQ.jpg

rorHNzB.jpg

EbsghtT.jpg

s9i0Kfm.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys the screenshots.

Take care, and have a good day.

Andrew

Interesting, George! I did not know that.

And... it happened again. Gonna have to redo my entire content folder AGAIN. Tried to do a database repair to try and fix my faulty assets, and not only did it not fix them at all, but a bunch of the packaged assets got deleted again. I can't do database repairs, it seems, but... hooray. Especially considering that my FCT finally expired today, meaning that DLS downloads are gonna take a while.

Honestly, I think I'm just gonna take a break from Trainz for a bit. I might honestly delete Trainz 2022 and all of its assets, and just keep it off for some time. I really hate how TRS22's handling the database. (Or maybe I'll just use TRS19, if it's stable in Monterey)

Anyway, don't mind my little ("little") rant, and going off-topic again - continue posting excellent screenshots.

Take care.

Andrew

EDIT: Bought a 7-day FCT and I'm gonna use it... later. I'm gonna reinstall all my purchased content first. Sorry if what I'm saying is annoying and taking this thread off-topic. Continue to post screenshots as usual, and feel free to ignore this post if you'd like. Take care, and for anyone who lives in the Northeast US who views this thread, take caution. Stay safe, and have a nice day.

Last edited:

And... it happened again. Gonna have to redo my entire content folder AGAIN. Tried to do a database repair to try and fix my faulty assets, and not only did it not fix them at all, but a bunch of the packaged assets got deleted again. I can't do database repairs, it seems, but... hooray. Especially considering that my FCT finally expired today, meaning that DLS downloads are gonna take a while.

Honestly, I think I'm just gonna take a break from Trainz for a bit. I might honestly delete Trainz 2022 and all of its assets, and just keep it off for some time. I really hate how TRS22's handling the database. (Or maybe I'll just use TRS19, if it's stable in Monterey)

Anyway, don't mind my little ("little") rant, and going off-topic again - continue posting excellent screenshots.

Take care.

Andrew

EDIT: Bought a 7-day FCT and I'm gonna use it... later. I'm gonna reinstall all my purchased content first. Sorry if what I'm saying is annoying and taking this thread off-topic. Continue to post screenshots as usual, and feel free to ignore this post if you'd like. Take care, and for anyone who lives in the Northeast US who views this thread, take caution. Stay safe, and have a nice day.

Not at all Andrew. We've all been there. I hope you can get it figured out. :)

I have a rule that I won't start using a new version of Trainz until at least the SP1 patch is published. Did it with TRS19 , did it with TANE, and it's worked out pretty well so far. Gives them time to work out the kinks in the programming.

I'm sticking with 19 for a while. I plan to build the SR Project in it anyway since it won't be obsolete for a few more years at least. Definitely recommend working off of it if 22 keeps acting up.

Take care.

Andrew

This is the part of changing over to a new version of Trainz or an 'upgrade' I'm not particularly fond of; - all the stuff that gets broken or suddenly comes up faulty when it wasn't before. I really like TRS22, but getting it to download my purchased DLC routes was a nightmare. In the end I cut and pasted the entire block of DLC folders from a working copy of TRS19 over to TRS22 to get around its stupid nonsense. It's rare for me to use any DLC save for the S&C route, but it's often needed in order to get past the dreaded 'unknown' dependencies when downloading routes from the DLS. I know N3V have done some good work lately with making sure common dependencies that were freeware aren't getting locked up as payware, but some older DLC still has this problem.

Believe me, I've scoured the DLS and although we have the 4500 no 4575 yet!

I watched it on the webcam yesterday and wasn't too enamoured with it but then I saw a picture on National Preservation and it actually looked okay.

I think my main problem is (and apologies in advance to any and all GWR enthusiasts) is that GWR locos all look the same, whereas the other companies had a nice variation.

That being said, they were nevertheless decent enough locos and I'm partial to driving one every now and then!

Cheers,

PLP

There is a payware one by Paul Mace.

I think it depends on what you are used to - I can identify any of the post Dean GWR classes at a glance, but all that quirky non-standard, rebuilt, (then rebuilt again to try to make it work) Southern stuff frequently has me heading for reference books! I'll let the Bulleid pacifics off because by the time Jarvis had finished with them they were all but a BR Standard anyway :)

Talking of BR Standards, here's something they replaced:
51893775154_5607bb2278_k.jpg

Sir Lamiel gets away from Washford with a down train on a visit to the WSR back in 2011.

Good afternoon!

Ivatt class 4 gets clearance to the mainline from the coal branch. Passing sidings of empties ready to be taken to the various mines.

IWaPdxO.jpg

aWZ2tjB.jpg

OuktIkP.jpg

Stanier 2-6-4T with local passnger.
j9NpRzA.jpg

5ciWg7G.jpg

A view from the coaches.
TZfYSx3.jpg

A special commission in memorial of my Grandfather, who's favourite loco was a Jubilee and he bought me an OO gauge Bachmann Jubilee many moons ago. Thank you once again Gary from gplocomotives.com
78x6cpB.jpg

VP5fKn7.jpg

Ex-works Jubilee 5639 "John Watkins" born in 1939 smoulders in the sidings.

Stanier 8f venturing onto the Swanage Railway for a gala; seen here at Eldon's Siding in the morning sun:

Cheers,

PLP

That's a very interesting Carmine and Cream Mk1 coach you have there behind the 8F PLP. Is it the (DLC) Stanier coaches that N3V issued with the Duchess pacifics?

Paul

Great shots all.
Tanker, the Settle & Carlisle was built and owned by the Midland Railway and competed with the LNWR for Anglo Scottish traffic via Carlisle. North of Carlisle trains were taken forward to Edinburgh by the North British Railway and there was some joint MR-NBR stock for the services. Post-1923 the MR became part of the LMS and the NBR became part of the LNER.

Here, No 730 a NER Worsdell-Smith Class 4CC hauls the up NER Newcastle - Liverpool passenger service south of the Tees, heading towards Eryholme Junction.

Thanks for the correction, Frank. I took another look at my SnC book, and you are definitely right - I had the two backwards all along. So I think these should be more up to speed:

KDxWFOV.jpg
[/IMG]

NeT1CQD.jpg
[/IMG]

RbMSQ4f.jpg
[/IMG]

mFHE2rB.jpg
[/IMG]

gfvaxrw.jpg
[/IMG]

Don't have too many Midland locos in Trainz so I pulled every single one I could find!

gQbpA6n.jpg
[/IMG]

wpeNG5w.jpg
[/IMG]

lmdBtO3.jpg
[/IMG]

9S8h39R.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Playing around with the freelance Dales-ish route again, and still hating how distant trees get rendered. There are all rmm, which respond significantly better than most others, but it's still a problem...

Andy ;)

Very nice shots, George! Is this the same WIP route you showed a few posts back? Whatever route you've showcased, it's really coming along!!

Hope to see some more excellent screenshots from everyone. Take care, and let's hope that all goes well throughout the world.

Have a good rest of your day (or day, depending on where you live - again, Connecticut, EST = UTC-5, so... yeah). Anyway, take care,

Andrew

Actually... here's 9 screenshots! They're of the TANE version of the Cornish mainline in TRS22. Here's a GWR 5700 tank running a short passenger service...
JeVsW3b.jpg

Hk6ZhFp.jpg

RZb2Mwp.png

23qXlG4.jpg

OO4OIzG.png

FPYbGKb.png

FPTAzHe.jpg

pQ4C3yW.jpg

dXlOcnR.jpg

Again, hope everyone has a nice day. Take care, and make sure to be nice and pray for peace in the following, uncertain days.

Andrew

Last edited:
Back