UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Freeware, available on the DLS.

2995valliant has also reskinned it into BR black and BR green liveries so that it isn't as shiny and these look superb.

Cheers,

PLP

Andrew, the problem I have with the PBR version of the Ivatt 2MT is that even the preserved engines when they're polished to the max don't look like that. However this is a controversial subject with strong opinions on both sides, but at the end of the day if you are happy with it that's all that matters really.

Having done the BR 2MT moguls, the LMS one and the tank versions are on my list to reskin at some point.

Good morning all,

Busy morning at Oakvale, up and down commuters pass in the station, Moira empties wait in the sidings and a full coal train waits for a locomotive to take it in the other direction.

Have a great day!

8UfB9Gj.jpg

Small boilered Claughton No.5229 'Lord Faber' undergoing tests on Lickey after having some updating work done. Making the nameplates is the next item on the list.

lrMJOW9.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to break up the LMS theme, but the Southern is making a brief appearance!

Some shots of the sighting board I have made for the Swanage home signal - it really does make a difference when driving (which is the point I guess) and certainly helps to control the train better on your approach into Swanage. Seen from the cab of an Ivatt 2MT and a class 08:
Xttzkn3.jpg

IlSTLYs.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

That is stunning, what a majestic locomotive. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks George. It's an old TS2004 model by Paulz Trainz that I've updated with animated smoke files, a more up to date engine spec and better sound files. It's had a little bit of texture work done along with some minor detailing as well as being correctly re-numbered with an LMS number (It had an LNWR number as purchased). The prototype engine was withdrawn in February 1935 and it wasn't rebuilt with a larger boiler.

Some shots of the sighting board I have made for the Swanage home signal - it really does make a difference when driving (which is the point I guess) and certainly helps to control the train better on your approach into Swanage. Seen from the cab of an Ivatt 2MT and a class 08:

Cheers,

PLP

Looking great Port Line Parker, no end to your talents!

Thanks George. It's an old TS2004 model by Paulz Trainz that I've updated with animated smoke files, a more up to date engine spec and better sound files. It's had a little bit of texture work done along with some minor detailing as well as being correctly re-numbered with an LMS number (It had an LNWR number as purchased). The prototype engine was withdrawn in February 1935 and it wasn't rebuilt with a larger boiler.

That's a good idea, I'd be interesting in hearing how you update the smoke. I would certainly benefit from that, I have swapped sounds, horns, and engine specs in the past but not touched steam.

<pictures snipped>

Cheers,

PLP

Yes sighting boards certainly make a difference alright. Some older GWR junction signal models are fitted with sighting boards and there's been a few times where they've been really useful in awkward sighting positions on one or two of my layouts. The other trick the steam era railways did was to paint a white square patch on bridge arches and pillars to aid sighting.

I assume you're referring to the Ivatt?

Type in Ivatt and you'll see it. As 2995valliant said, both tender and tank versions are available.

Cheers,

PLP

Small boilered Claughton No.5229 'Lord Faber' undergoing tests on Lickey after having some updating work done. Making the nameplates is the next item on the list.

lrMJOW9.jpg

Gorgeous display of one of the LNWR's best 4-6-0s ever built.

Fun fact, the Claughtons lasted the longest out of any LNWR 4-6-0, in their later years (WW2/BR) they worked Parcel and War Supply trains in the Birmingham/Shrewsbury section of the LMS Network. They followed the same allocation path as the Improved Precedents that came before them.

The ones that did work the south end of the WCML had smoke deflectors installed to reduce smoke obstruction on the tunnels around the area. This loco class led a very interesting life!

aLwudRU.jpg
[/IMG]

Paul sells his models in various conditions but if you want any amendments made to it you'll have to ask Paul as you can't distribute payware.

Back on topic:
vXLuOvA.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I haven't got the model, but in any case I'm not sure which part about not distributing payware you're unclear on.

No one who has bought that model can give it to anyone else.

Please try and keep the thread on track. For Paul's products I would suggest contacting him directly - his email address is on his website.

Cheers,

PLP

Back