UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks Annie, they're only small items that the most eagle eyed viewer would probably see but as you say they add to the scene and the overall realism so I feel it is something worth doing.

I'm in a creative mood now so I've made a few more signs over the railway - you'll have to hunt them out once it is released!

Cheers,

PLP

George, the brick bottle ovens and the ex-LNWR 0-6-0 are a part of the Potteries Loop Line payware route. http://www.potteriesloopline.co.uk/

And the ex-NSR 4-4-2T is a part of a pack of ex-NSR locomotives made by Cameron Scott https://darlington-works.weebly.com/north-staffordshire-railway.html

Annie

Thank you for your kind words George! It's a far cry from your amazing shots though. LMS definitely isn't my specialty but I am taking a significant interest in it! Might do some LNWR or L&Y stuff once I finish my Southern Railway Project!

Yep! It's just as Annie said! The NSR locomotives are a nice touch to add to the PLL and I really do enjoy them. Both are definitely worth the purchase as the PLL has 13 different locos (not counting the simplex diesels) and a plethora of wonderful rolling stock for the 1920s-1930s era!

That being said the NSR locomotives really do tie in well with the route and the services they provide. This was their territory after all!

Camscott's NSR Pack has three: The K Class 4-4-2Ts, M Class 0-4-4Ts and the "New" L Class 0-6-2Ts. I typically use the Ks and Ms on suburban services out of Etruria and other local stations while the New Ls are usually assigned to goods workings all around the network (they're my favorite ones).

lsjQeeQ.jpg
[/IMG]

FynmF6g.jpg
[/IMG]

eLGjbm4.jpg
[/IMG]

F5EEhhC.jpg
[/IMG]

There is also one more NSR locomotive available for free on the DLS - an NSR B Class 2-4-0T! Knucklesnvector made it and it's available in NSR Red and LMS Early liveries. I use it quite a bit around Etruria Junction taking local circular workings and "push-pull" services, even though I am not sure whether they worked these services.. I'm more of a "Southern" man you see.

eO3DIyB.jpg
[/IMG]

u0ejOE3.jpg
[/IMG]

YnHSY16.jpg
[/IMG]

I have it in TANE but it was definitely designed for TS12. I had to do quite a bit of work to get it to operate in TANE, but I hear it works far better in TRS19 so who knows? Either way, it's something I definitely recommend if you have the money!

YxVBtBW.jpg
[/IMG]

isVvCXP.jpg
[/IMG]

Qunh4vM.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice work Tanker. I should really go and blow the dust and cobwebs out of my copy of PLL I installed in TANE goodness knows how long ago. Good to see the Simplex locos at work too.

It must be LMS week as I've been working on getting my rebuilt version of TLBlade's Lickey Incline working properly in TMR2017. I like TMR2017 because it's the closest thing to being 64 bit TS2012 and it just works like it says on the tin. I had to do the TRS22 Certificate fix to get it to work again, but it's fine now.
Eventually I would like to be able to get permission to upload my rebuilt version which is based on 1930s LMS track plans to the DLS, but it needs some more frowning at before I can do that.
I'm still using some PLL locos like the 3F Jinties and 4F's , but I think I'll replace them with Gary Price's locomotives because as nice as the PLL locos are the GP ones are a lot less troublesome. I'm still occasionally running Paul's old Claughtons even though I don't think they're kind of engine to be seen on Lickey and my Precursor tank engine gets an occasional look in too. Not correct, but I just like them.

I shed a small tear when I discovered that my LMS Garratts have mesh and texture problems in 64 bit versions of Trainz, but I suppose that means that I'll just have to get some more 4F's

pBF8NBh.jpg

tFHWu3h.jpg

3xgsWep.jpg

SBTym6P.jpg

29l6tTd.jpg

RF6ZcpF.jpg

Aq7CBEz.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about your Garratt Annie..

Was it made by Paul Mace? I'm pretty sure he could patch it to TRS19 if you asked him. He did so with the J77, O1 and B16 I ordered from him when I ported the GCR into TRS19. It might work for you too! ;)

Good show Annie.
Nice ones Tanker46 and as for Swanage, must make a visit this year, Dorset beckons.
Mighty fine stuff from you all
Cheers, Ken

Very interesting LMS shots, everyone! Mind if I join in?

Two Coronation Class Pacifics passing by a snowy Carlisle Citadel station with expresses (if people don't like these models, then sorry - they're my only LMS-liveried locos (I have other LMS locos, just not one in LMS colors) apart from the old Princess Royal model from the DLS)...

Iy9lLRw.jpg

yBDqpMZ.jpg

gkE88uW.png

uXqkGIH.jpg

Good show Annie.

Thanks very much Ken.

I'm sorry to hear about your Garratt Annie..

Was it made by Paul Mace? I'm pretty sure he could patch it to TRS19 if you asked him. He did so with the J77, O1 and B16 I ordered from him when I ported the GCR into TRS19. It might work for you too! ;)

Yes the Garratt is one of Paul's Tanker. It really is an old brute of a thing that can move long trains of coal wagons seemingly without effort. The prototype engines did work over Lickey, but the problem I have with the route is that while TLBlade (the original builder) was careful to make the bank itself accurate in all it's dimensions, Blackwell at the top of the incline and Bromsgrove at the bottom have been considerably shortened so that the sidings aren't long enough to hold prototypical length trains so I could never really use the Garratt to its full potential. I used it a fair bit on my rebuilt version of Middle Vale as the sidings were long enough there to hold a Garratt plus 50 or so coal wagons. I did do a video of the Garratt on Middle Vales, but it's 10 minutes long and not my best effort so I won't inflict it on you.

I should really ask Paul about it to see if something can be done.

xT16sDi.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting LMS shots, everyone! Mind if I join in?

Two Coronation Class Pacifics passing by a snowy Carlisle Citadel station with expresses (if people don't like these models, then sorry - they're my only LMS-liveried locos (I have other LMS locos, just not one in LMS colors) apart from the old Princess Royal model from the DLS)...

<pictures snipped>

Nice misty atmospheric screenshots.
Unfortunately if you want LMS engines in LMS liveries you have to go third party payware. I did do some rebuilt and reworked reskins of ex-LNWR engines and an ex-Midland 0-4-4T and they are on the DLS, but anything else is really old stuff from way back in the early days of Trainz.

Nice misty atmospheric screenshots.
Unfortunately if you want LMS engines in LMS liveries you have to go third party payware. I did do some rebuilt and reworked reskins of ex-LNWR engines and an ex-Midland 0-4-4T and they are on the DLS, but anything else is really old stuff from way back in the early days of Trainz.

Yep. You're right about that Annie. Most of the UK Content is Third Party Payware. In fact, almost 90 percent of all the Southern Content I have had made was done through third party commission with Camscott, Pilotwoo, or someone else. It's pretty much how it goes if you want specific stuff you gotta have it built like the Railway Directors of old.

As far as LMS railways goes, I'm really into the LNWR. I'd love to see some Prince of Wales 4-6-0s or King George V Class locos, but until I front the money for them, they're not going to happen.

More LMS (sorry, it's my favourite)

Thank you for the information Annie and Tanker!

Now for some more shots :hehe: Some more work on my fictional LMS route.

Here we have a very nice loco I commissioned from PaulzTrainz, Ivatt Class 2 Tank.

rYNBZwP.jpg

92rU0sl.jpg

Stanier 8F smoulders in the platform waiting for a clear signal.
N5YxRow.jpg

7vWQlfE.jpg

And here is the Ivatt's non-weathered counterpart. I switched to the NEX lo-poly oily track and its perfect as you said!
hvW7iB7.jpg

cinOIBo.jpg

Car slightly too modern for 1946 but never mind.

Hope you are all well. Excellent shots as always on the best thread ;)

No points for detail on this one, just a bit of fun on my "arcade" route.
Stanier 8F groans around a colliery branch junction with a 1010 tonne train of the black stuff.

Her usual tender has a hole in the water tank so a 3500 gallon Fowler was borrowed last minute.
I was reading a book the other day about 8Fs pulling trains of this weight in the Leicestershire coal fields, probably in BR era but still.

VL9CyHb.jpg

Last edited:
Dear @Tanker46, dear friends,
can you tell me please the source of this
maroon 4 axle compartment coaches please?
Where can I get this beautiful coaches?
Thank You so much.
And sorry for my request.

No trouble at all my Bavarian Friend! :D

The stubby little 4-wheel Coaches are indeed NSR 4-Wheel Coaches made by Knucklesnvector. They should be on the DLS.

The Non-Corridor Bogey Stock was made by famous coach designer Ken Green. They are all on the DLS along with many other coach designs he's done over the years. Caledonian, LNWR, HR, MR, SDJR, LMS/BR P1 and P2 Corridor and Non Corridor stock to name a few. It's held up amazingly over the years and I am a huge fan of his work. They should also be on the DLS.

Hope that answers your question. Stay well friend! :)

Lovely shots, everyone!

Forgot I had this loco - the PBR Ivatt Class 2. Whether or not you like the shading on this loco, I personally think it's not bad. Anyway, here it is on a light goods run...
EbbpaVd.png

iYS9xjb.jpg

G7ZIzbv.png

MNVtbD1.jpg

AHWYtOg.jpg

Hope everyone likes the shots.

Andrew

Andrew, the problem I have with the PBR version of the Ivatt 2MT is that even the preserved engines when they're polished to the max don't look like that. However this is a controversial subject with strong opinions on both sides, but at the end of the day if you are happy with it that's all that matters really.

Back