UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Amazing screenshots, Parker! I'm very excited for when the full Swanage Railway comes out... which, isn't there a beta of it already available on the DLS?

Seriously, amazing job.

Thanks SRKing, there is a demo from Swanage to Herston on the DLS, yes, but the full version shouldn't be too far off release now.

The main area to work on now is the texturing - unfortunately, I cannot find any hi-res grass textures so it looks a little 'cartoony' in some areas in my opinion.

Cheers,

PLP

The main area to work on now is the texturing - unfortunately, I cannot find any hi-res grass textures so it looks a little 'cartoony' in some areas in my opinion.

Cheers,

PLP

If I may, can I suggest looking at the PBR grass textures uploaded by JohnnyC1? There are lots of assets to look at and you might find something of interest there.
A small sample of some I currently have installed, used with the smallest possible texture setting:

https://i.imgur.com/mjJjKVe.jpg

The only real downside is that at great distances the textures become very light/bright in texture, looking like its a different texture altogether. Here's a picture I took on your Swanage Demo route to illustrate.

https://i.imgur.com/3fC88qk.jpg

I am unsure if that is something to do with my particular settings or not, so you might have a different experience.

Another PBR Duchess shot - Duchess of Sutherland on the Liskeard to Look route in TRS22. This is absolutely beautiful, don't you think?
Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-16-44-12.png

Last edited:
Great shots all, though the screenshots forum seems to have gone quiet as of late!

@SwedishMagnum thanks for those, I had a look but they were bright on my end too so not quite what I was after. Someone has come forward with some textures that I am in the process of utilising on Swanage so it is now looking better than ever!

Meanwhile, in a glimpse to the future, 34010 Sidmouth is seen on a Swanage to Norden service between Harmans Cross and Norden:
lncz0F7.jpg

4vhXPo1.jpeg

14gtidH.jpeg

Ar8G0on.jpeg

SvlytQM.jpg

RKS9dfc.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

Excellent screenshots from Swanage PLP, - always good to see them. In between being Mega-Sleep Girl I've been taking a holiday on the Angels branch in the Sierras and testing my steam controls driving skills against the Angels branch's severe gradients. I've been posting snaps in the USA steam screenshots thread and Ken (evilcrow) can be found over there as well. I will make a return to the pre-grouping era eventually once I've completely got my footplate fix.

Another PBR Duchess shot - Duchess of Sutherland on the Liskeard to Look route in TRS22. This is absolutely beautiful, don't you think?

Well, it's incredibly shiny! Whether this conforms to the prototype (even when they were being fully maintained unlike in the last days of steam on BR) I don't know. How do you do weathering with PBR textures?

Paul

How do you do weathering with PBR textures?

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea. Haven't had TRS22 for long, and with my new laptop just about ready to arrive, then I'll be able to experiment with PBR textures... but I dunno. (Sorry if I've hijacked the thread.)

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea. Haven't had TRS22 for long, and with my new laptop just about ready to arrive, then I'll be able to experiment with PBR textures... but I dunno. (Sorry if I've hijacked the thread.)

No you're not hi-jacking the thread, - sometimes we discuss things here too. I have a feeling that you can't apply weathering to PBR assets unless you have the original asset files, but I could be wrong.

I have to agree that this is far too shiny. It would be very useful to know if there is some way that we ignoramuses can add a bit of dirt or weathering to PBR textured assets.

No you're not hi-jacking the thread, - sometimes we discuss things here too. I have a feeling that you can't apply weathering to PBR assets unless you have the original asset files, but I could be wrong.

No need to have the original files at all.
You do it exactly the same way you would apply weathering to a non-pbr asset. In fact you probably have even more control over the final appearance as you can edit the green and alpha channels of the parameters image to increase the roughness/reduce the metalness on the areas you added dirt to on the main texture image. The only extra tool you might need is something to split the parameter image channels into separate images so you can edit them individually and then re-composite them back into a single image (Gimp can do this, I expect other options exist too).

Thank you very much for explaining that Ed. Speaking for myself PBR just seems like an utter mystery and something that I'm afraid to touch.

BR standard class 4 4-6-0 76017 departs Harmans Cross with the demonstration goods bound for Swanage:
vXj5shN.jpg

kAibMb2.jpg

O1sszWD.jpg

And I've fixed the interior of the Queen Mary brake so that we're not standing 5ft above the rest of the train:
ZMUaQ3q.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Yes, thank you Ed.

Stepping away from PBR Duchess shots, and going back to the SnC... this time it's 9F No. 92249 taking a day Class C freight service while rain starts. In the first shot, we also see the locomotive leaving Skipton yards, passing by a Class 24 with a commuter service.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-14-at-07-42-22.png

A close up on the 9F...

Screen-Shot-2022-01-14-at-07-45-19.png

This one I quite like...

Screen-Shot-2022-01-14-at-07-51-14.png

There you go. Taking a bit of a break from the PBR Duchess shots... even though I still like it, even though the BR liveries should be a lot dirtier (and the BR maroon livery doesn't even have the right crest *grumble*).

1955 - A G5 0-4-4T and a Thompson 52ft4in rake

A quick shot of a G5 0-4-4T hauling a three-car rake of Thompson 52ft4in ordinary bogie carriages towards Shildon in NE England.

I have started on the long overdue project of having Paul Mace update the 2014 builds of Thompson's ordinary stock for me. Autopipes and couplings, the updated Gresley bogie models and various bodywork tweaks.

PortLineParker: Amazing screenshots. I have downloaded a couple of your items from the DLS but I am missing kuid:514207:100028. Could you please advise what this item is and how I could possibly get a copy please?

Hi Ricky25,

I have a feeling that may be a signal but I no longer seem to have it installed. Is it from Chillingbourne?

Some shots of the Swanage Railway, near Harmans Cross:
0A7oUDu.jpg

T8NYjt7.jpg

5B9UqwX.jpg

paBlWyG.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Back