UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks very much Tanker for your nice comments. 75C Norwood Junction is looking good and it's certainly turned out well.
From the available photos I've seen online you're spot-on with creating an accurate representation.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Tanker for your nice comments. 75C Norwood Junction is looking good and it's certainly turned out well.
Much appreciated Annie! Its been so long since I last talked to you and I couldn't help but compliment your excellent route and your 1800s locos and rolling stock. Those wagons are an interesting specimen as well!! :D

Work on Norwood is slow going at the moment. I have made it as far as Norwood Junction Station but I have not tackled the massive marshalling and maintenance yards at Selhurst yet.

I've come to the realization that the last leg of the London to Brighton Route is going to take a lot longer than I thought and unfortunately I have to postpone the beta until I get this figured out.

Its still really fun to run on though! :hehe:

E&GR Hawthorne 0-6-0 built circa the late 1850s. While it would be fairly easy to reclad the boiler and update some of the Hawthorne's fittings I happen to like it in the condition you see in the snap I took. And with outside frames and outside cranks this is a locomotive that's not hard to like. Both TRS19 and TRS22 did a number on the Hawthorne's engine spec making the wheels rotate too fast and out of step with the sound file, but I've been able to sort that now so I can enjoy this old engine again.

Leaving Cairnrigg and about to make the steep climb up to Rostyre.

Z2Un80v.jpg

Hanging off the cab side sheet with my Box Brownie clutched in one hand.

PBWEGKT.jpg

Much appreciated Annie! Its been so long since I last talked to you and I couldn't help but compliment your excellent route and your 1800s locos and rolling stock. Those wagons are an interesting specimen as well!! :D

Work on Norwood is slow going at the moment. I have made it as far as Norwood Junction Station but I have not tackled the massive marshalling and maintenance yards at Selhurst yet.

I've come to the realization that the last leg of the London to Brighton Route is going to take a lot longer than I thought and unfortunately I have to postpone the beta until I get this figured out.

Its still really fun to run on though! :hehe:

Paul's mid-19th century collection is one of those treats that not many Trainz folk seem to know about. Most of what I've purchased from Paul has had a fair bit of modification and customisation, - but I couldn't have done any of it without Paul having created them in the first place. Being TS2004-TS2006 models originally they've needed a certain amount of fettling to keep them running nicely in the later versions of Trainz and despite their age they still look good.

I'm not surprised that the last leg of the London to Brighton Route is making you pause Tanker. That is one heck of a lot of railway and then you've got to figure out how to represent a big slice of the City of London as well. Deep breaths and don't rush it. You've got this and I'm sure you'll do fine.

E&GR Longridge 0-6-0 of 1848. Longridge built just over 200 locomotives between 1838 and 1853 including six 2-2-2 singles for the Broad Gauge GWR. They had a reputation for doing quality work, but increasingly found themselves unable to compete against strong competition from other locomotive builders and finally shut their doors in 1853 after completing their last locomotive orders during 1852.
My Longridge is in later guise with sheet metal cladding on its boiler and sprung self contained buffers. It's a grand old engine to drive with the steam controls and runs very nicely.

etRtCSR.jpg

Great shots all, some interesting pre-Grouping shots Annie!

BR standard class 4 2-6-0 76007 seen on the demonstration goods set from Swanage to Harmans Cross:
vfOBy25.jpg

dnLhvtA.jpg

AZvVzj2.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Very fine images again of the Swanage Railway PLP. Everything is so well chosen and the continual variety of vegetation is impressive. It's so tempting to use the same old picklist trees and hedges throughout a layout when in reality there should be a total mixture. I'm intrigued by the trackside grass - is it turf fx or very dense splines?

Great screenshots all!

@Neville_Hill, I fund TurfFX to be far superior to grass splines - I find they both look and perform better and they have a near endless variation as you can adjust every parameter of them.

@Tanker46, good screenshots of Norwood, instantly recognisable. A nice what-might-have-been too of the 4MT in green - they only ever carried BR black in service but for whatever reason the NYMR I think have repainted theirs into BR green as depicted here. It looks good I think, even if not prototypical.

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Great shots, all of you! Merry Christmas to you all, and a Happy New Year to come.

Ken, again, just a stunning shot, with one of my favorite engines. The shadows and sharpness always raise the bar. So nicely done! :cool:

Regards,
Gary

Generally testing and fettling one of my NER engines that hasn't seen virtual daylight since I last ran it in TS2009.

T.W. Worsdell's Class 'C' compound 0-6-0.

OyjcIdl.jpg

bVM5lfj.jpg

rPUnAmC.jpg

FmzILoD.jpg

Annie, you never cease to amaze me with your cavalcade of vintage locos most of which I had never heard of, thanks for the education :)

Cheers and have a good festive season.

Graham

Thanks Graham and Merry Christmas. Followers of the Late and Never Early Railway and its inheritors will know the Worsdell Class 'C' as a 'J21'. No.533 is an older Paulz Trainz model that I purchased not long after I purchased my copy of TS2009 WBE. I also have No.513 and they've both had a wee bit of tweaking and modding in the time that I've owned them.

OpuRLiD.jpg

More messing about with NER 0-6-0's on 'Cairnrigg to Balessie'. This time it's W. Worsdell's Class 'P' (J24). W. Worsdell did not agree with his brother's liking for compounding and Joy valve gear, - so as soon as T. W. Worsdell retired and he was fully in charge of Darlington Works as Locomotive Superintendent he set to and designed the two cylinder simple Class 'P'. The Class 'P' is 7 tons lighter than a Class 'C' with a smaller diameter boiler and 4ft 7" wheels instead of the Class 'C's 5ft 1" diameter wheels.
Again this is one of Paul's older models that has been much fettled.

acZY4B3.jpg

BR8Ing5.jpg

VrbO8AM.jpg

Back