UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

On a rainy evening, a Stanier 8F makes it through Skipton yards with an anhydrite goods train... with a Fowler tender dragging behind it. I remember seeing a picture of an 8F with a Fowler tender, and although I am not entirely sure if it was photoshopped or real, here's my take on it.
D7EVGQ3.png

I'm pretty sure a lot of them did SRKing. Almost every LMS Standard loco carried one at some point (except the Duchesses and Princesses) the Black Fives, Jubilees, Patriots, and Royal Scots all had them. Of course they all got swapped out for 4000 Gal Stanier Tenders once they were available, but some Patriots and Jubilees kept theirs for a good while after. Similar situations happened on the Southern Region with Maunsell's 3500 Gallon and 4000 Gallon tenders.

More work on the 4MT. The main bogey now has refined textures and the 4MT is getting a run in through the south London central network. Running a six car local train through what will be Clapham Junction at some point. There is still tons of work to do on this new map. I will release more information once the final route terrain file is produced!

98qH4bp.jpg
[/IMG]

OfGPLLs.jpg
[/IMG]

D0FQgXj.jpg
[/IMG]

Goodness me, those 4MT tanks look superb, Tanker! It’s wonderful to see an updated version of one of Robert Riddles’ incredible Standard designs. (And yes, I an aware that Pilotwoo will be uploading this model - but my thanks goes out to both of you for making this.)

The 4MT looks absolutely stunning tanker, a huge well done to all those involved in bringing this long awaited model to Trainz in a very much needed updated form.

Swanage staff are eagerly awaiting the return of 80104 and I have no doubt it will see great usage across the railway. The route is looking good too, keep it up!

Cheers,

PLP

Yes I have to say as well that Pilotwoo's 4MT is a seriously nice piece of digital modelling. My old Paulz Trainz 4MT's might get quietly retired once these new 4MT's become available.

If he comes his 'Ho, ho, ho, what's up, battery flat?' I'm going to dot him
L2MdnQQ.jpg

Route: Lavenham in Winter for TRS19, by Paulsw2
Based on an old newspaper cartoon that I recently rediscovered, original ("The British Scene") by someone named Giles.
The archived newspaper: https://archive.org/details/dailycolonist19610205/page/n3/mode/2up
A closeup on the cartoon itself: https://i.imgur.com/Zi4HSpI.jpg

@Tanker46: I cannot add anything new to what has already been said, so I'll simply say top stuff!

Great shot SwedishMagnum!

I certainly remember the Giles cartoons in the Daily Express and Sunday Express newspapers, always topically spot on!

Rob.

Delightful stuff SwedishMagnum. Gosh I can remember the Giles cartoons as well, - my Dad used to always buy the yearly albums of cartoons the Daily Express published around Christmas time.

Playing trains on 'Ashington' is always a good cheer up for me when I'm not feeling so well.

Vintage steam. One of my legacy 4MT's visits Castleton station with a suburban train.

dudf9WV.jpg

MwAZ8dk.jpg

'County of Berks' with a lunchtime service to Bath.

bxKFNQo.jpg

CNZuCMc.jpg

The 11 O'clock railcar service to Castleton leaving Ashington station.

b3rNXAl.jpg

Q1qAfVg.jpg

2azVRi1.jpg

uQsYmbr.jpg

Congratulations Tanker on the progress of 4MT tank. Your various contributions to the community over time deserve some sort of medal. If I can make one suggestion at this stage it's that the grey colour of the wheel tyres and valve gear seems very light. If anything the excellent and realistic body textures make this more obvious. I'm keenly aware that opinions can differ on this subject so it's just a personal view but keep up the good work!

BR Standard 4 2-6-0 76017 seen on an afternoon service on the SR with the 'B' set. We'll have to say it is on loan from the Mid Hants - here seen with the correct BR1B tender too! All of the preserved 4MT 2-6-0s seem to have BR2A but the only one seen on the Southern Region was the BR1B so naturally that was the one I chose albeit (rather unusually for me) in BR early crest.
wsU4tWK.jpg

IaWuHMx.jpg

T9SHd4U.jpg

dWheTJs.jpg

dyfs7dV.jpg

SmoOlXy.jpg

YdMAex0.jpg

ocTfooS.jpg

aGLYAeW.jpg

dfrWKrn.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

BR Standard 4 2-6-0 76017 seen on an afternoon service on the SR with the 'B' set. We'll have to say it is on loan from the Mid Hants - here seen with the correct BR1B tender too! All of the preserved 4MT 2-6-0s seem to have BR2A but the only one seen on the Southern Region was the BR1B so naturally that was the one I chose albeit (rather unusually for me) in BR early crest.

<pictures snipped>

Cheers,

PLP

I hope you're continuing to feel better PLP. It's not often we see BR Standard 4 2-6-0 tender engines in this screenshot thread and it's a double bonus to see more of Swanage as well. I had to smile to see one of my light railway building reskins on the platform in the last screenshot.

I'm all recovered now thanks Annie, still a slight cough but otherwise Covid free and back to normal!

Thank you for your kind words; I'm glad no one is bored of Swanage just yet!

Your little building was the closest match I could find to the kiosk at Norden - it may not be LSWR but it's a close match so thank you!

Some quick shots of N class 31874, class 08 D3551 and the line in general:
JRTpbZB.jpg

0c2oVaK.jpg

hOWtGVC.jpg

xRoqclj.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I'm all recovered now thanks Annie, still a slight cough but otherwise Covid free and back to normal!

Thank you for your kind words; I'm glad no one is bored of Swanage just yet!

Your little building was the closest match I could find to the kiosk at Norden - it may not be LSWR but it's a close match so thank you!

Some quick shots of N class 31874, class 08 D3551 and the line in general:

<pictures snipped>

Cheers,

PLP

That's very good news, let's hope the cough doesn't hang around too long.

No I'm definitely not tired of Swanage. All it would need is the scent of coal smoke and the sound of birds in the hedgerows and it would be just like being there.

The licence is completely open on those light railway buildings so please feel free to modify them how you want.

First screenshot here, here's a picture of mine, Trainboi1 and Truckers standard 4 on my WIP Severn Valley Railway coming out of Kidderminster!

Last edited:
That's very good news, let's hope the cough doesn't hang around too long.

No I'm definitely not tired of Swanage. All it would need is the scent of coal smoke and the sound of birds in the hedgerows and it would be just like being there.

The licence is completely open on those light railway buildings so please feel free to modify them how you want.

Quite literally NO ONE is tired of Swanage Parker. Its a fantastic route and will be a huge hit once it becomes public!

Between Swanage and Barney's Severn Valley Route, UK Trainz fans have a lot to look forward to for Trainz 2022! :D

First screenshot here, here's a picture of mine, Trainboi1 and Truckers standard 4 on my WIP Severn Valley Railway coming out of Kidderminster!

And what a sight it is too! The 4MTs look fantastic in Swindon Green Barney. I can't thank you enough for helping me get this engine completed and rolled out for everyone. You're a modeling wizard and you know it! ;)

PLP how could we get bored with such a wounderful branch, got my new computer running and testing on it now

Tom

Hello from France,

some more pictures from the UK harbour :

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Have a nice day all , friendly, Marc